Code of Conduct

Default OPIUM pour Homme , eau de PARFUM version: still in production, but....

How many times we heard: Oh, the beautiful Opium pour Homme, Eau de Parfum version (not the EdT), what a great perfume! now sadly discontinued...
    WRONG.
    Opium pour Homme EdP is still in production as you can see in this picture shot inside a Yves Saint Laurent boutique. It's a 62Kxxx batch, so = year 2013. The EdP version is still on production but only in limited quantities. Strangely, it is availble only in the tiny 50ml (1.7 oz. ) bottle.
    (how to recognize YSL perfumes: see here )
    What about smell? Well, I was in a hurry and didn't test it thoroughly, but it seems not with the same strenght and potency as in the older vintage versions. Sorry to say this, guys, the 2013 EdP is not a bad perfume, but it seems much lighter than the original.

blackfoto2013 1295.jpg
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...roduction.html

Default Re: OPIUM pour Homme , eau de PARFUM version: still in production, but....

This is a great scent. Glad it's still available in the stronger concentration even if it has changed seemingly.
    (1562)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: OPIUM pour Homme , eau de PARFUM version: still in production, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    How many times we heard: Oh, the beautiful Opium pour Homme, Eau de Parfum version (not the EdT), what a great perfume! now sadly discontinued...
    WRONG.
    Opium pour Homme EdP is still in production as you can see in this picture shot inside a Yves Saint Laurent boutique. It's a 62Kxxx batch, so = year 2013. The EdP version is still on production but only in limited quantities. Strangely, it is availble only in the tiny 50ml (1.7 oz. ) bottle.
    (how to recognize YSL perfumes: see here )
    What about smell? Well, I was in a hurry and didn't test it thoroughly, but it seems not with the same strenght and potency as in the older vintage versions. Sorry to say this, guys, the 2013 EdP is not a bad perfume, but it seems much lighter than the original.

blackfoto2013 1295.jpg
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...roduction.html
    I bought some for retail a year ago from across the Atlantic.

It's definitely still in production.

This is really nice to read ! I really find this to be such a nice and rich fragrance. One for special times, but perhaps any time one is in the mood for it. It also allowed me to appreciate the edt a lot better as well ( I did not care for it before)/. Thanks for sharing everyone
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Will definitely have to get this - just in case, preferably vintage.

For those who have yet to try the edp version, read the reviews, give it a wear, and have hope in what has been a generally miserable market place for men's fragrances.

Merry Christmas!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Anyone have a reasonably priced source for north American buyers? I've been looking for this one for a while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I see it's currently commanding a high price on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Opium-Pour-H...-/390530340201

(1729)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.