Code of Conduct
    CologneFan85

Angry Yet ANOTHER HORROR story from...

Fragrancenet...UGH! I know that there are so many post of these guys but I have to share my newest complaint here." I have not been on these boards in a long time" made me want to get back on and share that bad lol.

So on Dec 2nd I had ordered some Aventus from fragrancenet, they took a week to process the order then told me it was shipping a few days ago or so. Well the shipping hasn't updated and its been in some fed ex surepost in Allentown Pa . its already the 14th and still nothing...the est delivery date is for the 20th btw and I PAID for fast delivery. Again slow shipping and slow order processing after PAYING for 3 day shipping.

So on the 4th I order two more colognes and I get a email a few days after saying its in "the warehouse" well on the 9th I get a email saying that one of my orders is out of stock and that I will be refunded, and that my other cologne will still ship out. Again no updates and its the 14th...and still NO REFUND! I doubt that I will even get the other cologne that was shipped anytime soon being that the tracking on this one says est date the 27th now. Makes me mad that it says in stock when I ordered too!

IM SICK OF THE BS FROM FRAGRANCENET! For now on im buying in store only lol man oh man also the emails ive sent get nowhere just automated bs. Even after calling on my refund they simply say it takes days before it gets refunded...but its been a week.

Default Re: Yet ANOTHER HORROR story from...

Sorry to hear about your awful experience. Ever since Fragrancenet started to use a mail consolidator service to cut their costs which takes a long time to get to your domicile through the USPS I have greatly cut down my purchases from them. There are less frustrating options out there IMO even if the savings with Fragrancenet are big.
    (1601)
    Last edited by hednic; 15th December 2013 at 12:45 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

CologneFan85

AH well that makes more sense now...I have not ordered from them in a long time. But its still no excuse.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't think I will buy from them anytime soon..
    o ordered a Tauer sample set from overseas and got it in 8 business days..
    Shame Bro..
    They should offer you some type of discount..

I've never had any problems with their Fedex SmartPost shipping option... usually takes 5-6 days for delivery from the time I order, and I live in NorCal.

I'm sure the delivery issues have more to do with the holiday season. I won't be ordering anything from them during this busy season either, but I certainly will in the New Year when everything normalizes again.

If that's horror the world just got a lot better.

Never had a major problem with them, btw. Mainly just little stuff that required some extra time and good communication.

CologneFan85

Lol well I've experienced real horror stories while in the military since 02. But that's another issue...anyways when I pay for a certain shipping I expect that service . Also to have my card refund in a timlely matter

Wow, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have ordered from them quite a few times, and other than being a little slow, I always had a good experience. That is bad if you pay extra for 3-day shipping.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have ordered from them quite a few times, and other than being a little slow, I always had a good experience. That is bad if you pay extra for 3-day shipping.
    My only bad experience in 5 years has been crushed samples once. Their packing used to be abysmal, but I never lost a bottle. I will continue to buy from them. They are 100% reliable where it counts - on the authenticity of their merch. I've gotten great discontinueds and very hard-to-find items through them. They don't lie about having stuff they don't have - they just have a lot of dysfunction in keeping up with burst buys.

Basenotes Junkie

Sounds like a 1st world problem to me for sure

That really is poor customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    Sounds like a 1st world problem to me for sure
    When you live in the First world, it's just a regular problem.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    they just have a lot of dysfunction in keeping up with burst buys.
    Yes, that seems to be a major problem.
    (1640)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Terrible experience. I try to use Lucky Scent for mail order. They're not only reliable, they're so helpful with my sample requests, gladly making changes and doing all they can to assist. I tried them when I saw they were voted #1 by BN. They sure are.

I do miss being able to order from Luckyscent.

CologneFan85

I normally like fragrancenet...BUT the customer service sucks! Still no refund btw

Never had any problem at all with Fragrancenet. But even if I did, I don't think I'd ever take that as a cue to start paying significantly higher in-store prices because of it.

There are just too many other discount options online that work well the majority of the time.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Ouch...that sucks...I've never has issues as I live in the state they do business from....mAn, I don't know if they're being bombarded will purchases and over burden over there because of the season Eventhough they're always busy...or it's a sales agent mistake or computer not updating as quick as it should but they should definitely credit you back on that fast shipment deal, it could be carrier mistake also (As I ordered something from banana Republic and ups , gave me an update that something extra ordinary occurred with my package..boy it took and extra week to get from their warehouse in San Francisco and when I got merchandise Shirts didn't have price tags and one shirt had white crust in collar, had to return it...bummer) and give you a freeby bottle of something worth your while. Never hurts trying ....they're great overall but theirs always a first time...it just sucks when it's you...cut them slack as I will cut slack on Banana Republic also......btw the Aventus fragrancenet carries is potent more so then direct from boutique bottles...and this is for real from experience....peace and God bless!!!!
    Last edited by magnus611; 16th December 2013 at 02:54 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Other than being kind of slow, I haven't had any problems with them as of yet. Sorry that happened to you man. I would definately call them and request a refund for the shipping.

Similar problems recently from them but I have always got my refunds within a week. I now have an uneasy feeling about them truly having a fragrance when after receiving it is in the warehouse notification at least by the next day I should get a shipping number. If I don't I now expect it the order to be cancelled or an item shorted. I have steered away from them recently.

Would it help to call your credit card company and tell them you want reimbursement for the bottles they don't have and the expedited shipping that didn't happen?

Blog Entries

My horror story is possibly FragranceNet. Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was. But it was one of those 15% off coupons you get as you're checking out. After a long time 9mo- a year, I noticed a reoccurring bill on my bank statement for $12.99. It was for a 'shopper's discount club'. I had never joined up, as far as I knew. I called the number on the charge and found out it was because of the coupon I had clicked on. It must have been in tiny print, although I don't recall ever seeing it. So I discontinued it and eventually, my money was refunded. But, you should be on the look-out for these scam coupons. Look on your bank statements!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    My horror story is possibly FragranceNet. Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was. But it was one of those 15% off coupons you get as you're checking out. After a long time 9mo- a year, I noticed a reoccurring bill on my bank statement for $12.99. It was for a 'shopper's discount club'. I had never joined up, as far as I knew. I called the number on the charge and found out it was because of the coupon I had clicked on. It must have been in tiny print, although I don't recall ever seeing it. So I discontinued it and eventually, my money was refunded. But, you should be on the look-out for these scam coupons. Look on your bank statements!
    Those type of scams are more frequent than one would think. Good thing you caught it when you did and got it all refunded.
    (1696)

Basenotes Plus

They save me bucks and if I don't like the way it smells they will take it back..
    You have to cut them some slack I think.. They are not great but not that bad IMHO
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Not to rain on your parade as they say but isn't Neimens the only authorized dealer of Creed in US?

Talked to Creed few years back and was told by them that the only authorized retailer of Creed is Neimens Marcus .

Quote Originally Posted by steinway379 View Post
    Not to rain on your parade as they say but isn't Neimens the only authorized dealer of Creed in US?
    Nordstrom also carries Creed in the US.
    (1714)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Nordstrom also carries Creed in the US.
    (1714)
    They also have other boutique like stores for example Jeffrey's in the meat packing district in NYC ..they're an authorized dealer......

another question in regards to this thread....have you guys being receiving Men's health Magazine or Golf digest magazines etc, as an outcome of using fragrancenet (u never ask to receive these magazines..Go figure)I've somewhat enjoy This freebies but I better not get a bill for it later on , but I'm sure I won't ...I hope not cause I will break loose on some one .....lol
    Last edited by magnus611; 17th December 2013 at 02:12 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Ordered what was supposed to be Dior Homme Sport (w/ ginger...2010?) The clowns sent me the new stuff, which I already had...this was a few months back. I won't be doing any business with them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    another question in regards to this thread....have you guys being receiving Men's health Magazine or Golf digest magazines etc, as an outcome of using fragrancenet (u never ask to receive these magazines..Go figure)I've somewhat enjoy This freebies but I better not get a bill for it later on , but I'm sure I won't ...I hope not cause I will break loose on some one .....lol
    I've been getting both Cosmopolitan and Cosmopolitan for Latinas. Thank God for them! I'd never have figured out how to please a man without their help .

Rumor has it you can opt out of the magazine thing by clicking something on the bottom right of your cart page.
    It takes you to a page with a form to print out and fill in with the details of your purchase. Sending that and a printout of your receipt or email confirmation to the appropriate address is supposedly means to obtaining a small rebate in lieu of the magazines.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...n-c595670.html
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/303...s-frags-online
    Last edited by socalwoman; 17th December 2013 at 02:49 PM.

Yeah, I get Golf Digest every month. Too bad it goes right in the garbage.
    They also have other boutique like stores for example Jeffrey's in the meat packing district in NYC ..they're an authorized dealer......

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I've been getting both Cosmopolitan and Cosmopolitan for Latinas. Thank God for them! I'd never have figured out how to please a man without their help .

Rumor has it you can opt out of the magazine thing by clicking something on the bottom right of your cart page.
    It takes you to a page with a form to print out and fill in with the details of your purchase. Sending that and a printout of your receipt or email confirmation to the appropriate address is supposedly means to obtaining a small rebate in lieu of the magazines.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...n-c595670.html
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/303...s-frags-online
    SocalWoman.....Thx for being a wonderful woman ...thanks a bunch for passing this information to me....as I followed links and cancelled subscription that should of never existed....Cheerios

I just throw mine in the recycling bucket, but they could always be donated to a business you frequent, etc.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I just throw mine in the recycling bucket, but they could always be donated to a business you frequent, etc.
    That's cool, as long as you aren't being charged for them.

No, never a charge. I believe it's just a free 1 year subscription and then they stop. Of course, when I buy another fragrance, I get another magazine, so it never truly stops.

have you guys being receiving Men's health Magazine or Golf digest magazines etc, as an outcome of using fragrancenet (u never ask to receive these magazines..
    I have received both at different time intervals. Always wondered where they originated from as I'm not a subscriber. Now I know.
    (1833)

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Fragrancenet...UGH! I know that there are so many post of these guys but I have to share my newest complaint here." I have not been on these boards in a long time" made me want to get back on and share that bad lol.

So on Dec 2nd I had ordered some Aventus from fragrancenet, they took a week to process the order then told me it was shipping a few days ago or so. Well the shipping hasn't updated and its been in some fed ex surepost in Allentown Pa . its already the 14th and still nothing...the est delivery date is for the 20th btw and I PAID for fast delivery. Again slow shipping and slow order processing after PAYING for 3 day shipping.

So on the 4th I order two more colognes and I get a email a few days after saying its in "the warehouse" well on the 9th I get a email saying that one of my orders is out of stock and that I will be refunded, and that my other cologne will still ship out. Again no updates and its the 14th...and still NO REFUND! I doubt that I will even get the other cologne that was shipped anytime soon being that the tracking on this one says est date the 27th now. Makes me mad that it says in stock when I ordered too!

IM SICK OF THE BS FROM FRAGRANCENET! For now on im buying in store only lol man oh man also the emails ive sent get nowhere just automated bs. Even after calling on my refund they simply say it takes days before it gets refunded...but its been a week.
    that's why I like to shop in the shops...you can save money on the net..but all the hassle how much does it cost???

Sorry to hear that. They do have some very nice prices. I've only used them a couple of times in the last 10 years or so. I usually go to Macy's.

Blog Entries

Yes, sometimes, within reason, you can even return scents that have been used. At least at one time you could do this. Years ago, I bought perfume and my boyfriend hated it. I also got a headache when wearing it. I took it back the next day or so and exchanged it. This was at Dillard's.

Basenotes Junkie

I get Details magazine and my wife gets Cosmo, compliments of FragranceNet. We actually read them, so it doesn't bother me one bit.

I have some friends in various online vendor industries, and these "free magazine" subscriptions are essentially companies like FragranceNet selling your information to the publishers. The magazines make their real money based on their subscription numbers, so they're happy to pay an online vendor a few bucks to get a new address to a confirmed purchaser of certain goods. Been happening for some time.

Crap, I ordered a fume a couple of days ago.......hope it goes ok.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Ive ordered a number of times from fragrancenet without any issues. Around the time the OP ordered Aventus I believe there was a major run on it since Walgreens (whom I believe is supplied by Fragancenet) had a sale on some of the Creed line. This may have been part of the delay IMO...

Blog Entries

Walgreens sells Creed ? Are you joking? I'm in the Midwest and it's been impossible for me to sample this "amazing Aventus".

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Walgreens sells Creed ? Are you joking? I'm in the Midwest and it's been impossible for me to sample this "amazing Aventus".
    Actually bought a Creed from Walgreens once, a year or so back that I believe was fulfilled by Fragrancenet. The price was
    very cheap if I recall.

(2329)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Actually bought a Creed from Walgreens once, a year or so back that I believe was fulfilled by Fragrancenet. The price was
    very cheap if I recall.

(2329)
    really wild, What part of the country? Major metro areas, I suppose.
    I went to Von Maur. They had never heard of Aventus. Then I realized it was a Creed. Von Maur and Dillard's is all we have here. It's pathetic.
    Last edited by kumquat; 30th December 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Check their website they have a number of fragrances that you may not find "in store". YOull have to keep checking for when they have good prices, but now and then they do have sales....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ph8 View Post
    Check their website they have a number of fragrances that you may not find "in store". YOull have to keep checking for when they have good prices, but now and then they do have sales....
    I will, good idea, thank-you!

Still waiting on my package, due next week I guess. Ugh. Sloooow.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Buy from Amazon, they have a great selection, prices are very competitive and they deliver in two days anywhere in the country for free if you sign as a "prime" user.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 4th January 2014 at 04:36 AM.
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

The slow shipping was probably just because it was before Christmas. Ive ordered from them 4 times in the last couple of months and had no issues.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I am an Amazon Prime subscriber. Every fragrance page I have looked at on Amazon has included the following exception (or similar language):

Special Shipping Information: This item is non-returnable and is not available for 2-day shipping due to additional shipping requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcaldwell View Post
    I am an Amazon Prime subscriber. Every fragrance page I have looked at on Amazon has included the following exception (or similar language):

Special Shipping Information: This item is non-returnable and is not available for 2-day shipping due to additional shipping requirements.
    Seems that Amazon only ships fragrances by ground per the rules but other companies that sell through amazon send it regular first class or priority USPS.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I noticed, while searching for Creed M.I., that it's $17 cheaper on eBay through FragranceNet than it is on their website. For the same 120ml size.

Wonder why?

I generally have good luck with FragranceNet. I have noticed that they seem to be averse to answering their phone, but they do answer my emails. All in all, not bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oproust View Post
    I generally have good luck with FragranceNet. I have noticed that they seem to be averse to answering their phone, but they do answer my emails. All in all, not bad.
    How unfortunate that you find yourself in need of frequent communication with this company. It sounds as if things often get screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by opticalserenity View Post
    I noticed, while searching for Creed M.I., that it's $17 cheaper on eBay through FragranceNet than it is on their website. For the same 120ml size.

Wonder why?
    Use the 21% coupon available for the site and it will probably be cheaper there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk