Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Hard Leather by LM Parfums - Act II Intimacy Collectiion!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    I find that citing BaV and MR as examples of challenging fragrances is pretty much laughable.
    Lol. Of course for someone wearing ACdA, MR isn't animalic at all but to general population who know BdC or Aventus as their comfort zone even something like Antaeus or MR can be "animalic". And yes LMs are more about the blend than individual notes there's always grain and fade effects in their perfumes which I adore.

RF, I was expecting you to not like it first few times you wear it, and then have an aha! moment, HL is one of those perfumes that are more scent than perfume if that makes any sense. To me it's essence of erotica.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackaroma View Post
    Lol. Of course for someone wearing ACdA, MR isn't animalic at all but to general population who know BdC or Aventus as their comfort zone even something like Antaeus or MR can be "animalic". And yes LMs are more about the blend than individual notes there's always grain and fade effects in their perfumes which I adore.
    Hahahah true... have I told you already that I find ACdA bold but not aggressive, and Nishane Afrika Olifant interesting but overall smooth?

Hahahah true... have I told you already that I find ACdA bold but not aggressive, and Nishane Afrika Olifant interesting but overall smooth?
    Honestly I find something like Club the Nuit Intense way more aggressive than any animalics, there is this idea that animal notes are badly aggressive by default but a bad perfumer can make a citrus note repulsive while a master perfumer makes animalics and endolics jaw dropping beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by blackaroma View Post
    RF, I was expecting you to not like it first few times you wear it, and then have an aha! moment, HL is one of those perfumes that are more scent than perfume if that makes any sense. To me it's essence of erotica.
    I was expecting that too, to some degree. Seeing as it's very complex, I still think I'll need to wear it a few times to develop a better understanding.
    And yes, what you're saying makes sense to me.

You know, cumin, castoreum and civet don't mean obviosuly stinky or unwearable. The ones that are, are just from a different period of time, or just badly blended, but I ensure you that some are very well blended (Black Oud for example).

On a side note, I find that citing BaV and MR as examples of challenging fragrances is pretty much laughable. I would wear these in the office, very easy wears. Not afraid of a hint of honey, nor a clean musk.
    Also, for your info, you are comparing MR that costs ~$250 with BO that costs ~$80 online. What's the next step? Comparing Ferrari Essence Oud with Fragrance du Bois Sahara Oud?
    Okay Andy calm down no need to try and prove how tuff you are we all know you’re hardcore. I personally don’t really find anything “animalic” anymore from 50ml, 80’s Antaeus, Jicky, or The Night. It’s all just perfume and nice smelling at that (except 50ml I don’t think that one is blended too wel). Now MUsc Ravaguer and BaV are fantastic comparisons because they’re both not that animalic while having a civet note. Andy come on now boy if you’re going to compare prices (as if that matters) then be intellectually honest and compare retail in which the two are close in price. Black Oud just wants so badly to be something in its little heart it cannot be. Side note Lutens l’innomable is nice.

I definitely want to start exploring more animalics.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    I definitely want to start exploring more animalics.
    Perhaps consider looking into Peau de Bete and Belle Bete by Liquides Imaginaires
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps consider looking into Peau de Bete and Belle Bete by Liquides Imaginaires
    Thank you for the suggestions. Do you know where I can get samples or try them in California? I generally do not blind buy fragrances that are that costly.

Thank you for the suggestions. Do you know where I can get samples or try them in California? I generally do not blind buy fragrances that are that costly.
    Luckyscent has both if I recall correctly. In fact, those two were on their April specials. Not sure if its still discounted.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Aedes in NYC offers samples of Peau De Bete for purchase. Luckyscent doesn't seem to have them anymore.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hard Leather I really like and I have a bottle. It’s the only scent from LM Parfumes that I have clicked with. Generally I don’t like the creations from this house, but Hard Leather is a glorious exception. Other perfumes in this genre that I like:

Carnicure by Marlou
    Dzing! By L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle
    Muscs Koublai Khan by Serge Lutens

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    Carnicure by Marlou
    Dzing! By L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle
    Muscs Koublai Khan by Serge Lutens
    Do you have a favorite of this bunch?

Dzing!

Just got Black Oud, tried it reminds me of Black Afgano a bit or Fortis. One of the other, would have to spray them on my skin to tell you the differences just going off memory.

The thing about Hard Leather & Black Oud, there is suppose to be what I thought a heavy animalic. I get more of the amber and sandalwood with oud and incense there but not as loud as the amber & sandalwood on my skin. On paper I can pick out the other notes a bit better. (Tested on 76 degree weather here in the states). Will revisit it once falls comes around.

Âme Fauve Hayari has a similar vibe where I thought I was going to get a heavy civet vibe but I got the creamy notes and incense more. Coincdentially Richard Ibanez (the perfumer) worked on LM fragrances too.

Quote Originally Posted by dysect View Post
    The thing about Hard Leather & Black Oud, there is suppose to be what I thought a heavy animalic. I get more of the amber and sandalwood with oud and incense there but not as loud as the amber & sandalwood on my skin. On paper I can pick out the other notes a bit better. (Tested on 76 degree weather here in the states). Will revisit it once falls comes around.
    I found HL to be quite animalic.

Quote Originally Posted by dysect View Post
    Just got Black Oud, tried it reminds me of Black Afgano a bit or Fortis. One of the other, would have to spray them on my skin to tell you the differences just going off memory.

Âme Fauve Hayari has a similar vibe where I thought I was going to get a heavy civet vibe but I got the creamy notes and incense more. Coincdentially Richard Ibanez (the perfumer) worked on LM fragrances too.
    To me the creaminess of sandalwood+amber+honey+musk in HL is like a semi-transparent mantle that holds the core of rougher notes, something like a sea with sharks in it!