Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 136
  1. #91

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Not angry.
    Just troll hunting.
    See I told you, you've degenerated from perfume making to blogging
    I'm happy to be still your friend! I will you call soon to drink something here in Milan! )) But do you consider blogging as a degenerate work?
    Last edited by Angelo Orazio Pregoni; 8th July 2015 at 02:14 PM.
    Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù

  2. #92

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Not most blogging, just your recent forum posts and reviews.
    for swap/sale:



  3. #93

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Not most blogging, just your recent forum posts and reviews.
    So what you don't like it is blogging, or it is written by a troll? My friend, you're a dinosaur!
    Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù

  4. #94

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    There are still people who believe things that come from Creed marketing department?
    There are not Vintage Creed fragrances. And the brand seems born as we know as today it is, in the 80s and not for sure centuries ago. All things on generations of perfumers (7?) are totally invented. Go and ask questions to experts in the history of perfumery.... It is embarrassing that Creed continues to make fun of the customers, with invented dates and facts, and so on!

  5. #95

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by pickupap View Post
    There are not Vintage Creed fragrances. And the brand seems born as we know as today it is, in the 80s and not for sure centuries ago. All things on generations of perfumers (7?) are totally invented. Go and ask questions to experts in the history of perfumery.... It is embarrassing that Creed continues to make fun of the customers, with invented dates and facts, and so on!
    I hope now you will not tell me that Santa Claus does not exist!
    Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù

  6. #96

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Really! Angelo Orazio Pregoni, I asked a very famous French blogger, and he told me that Creed is a brand invented, after the failure of Olivier Creed that had tried to make perfumes in the '70s without success. Before him, no one had ever done Creed perfume. The genealogy of perfumers "from father to son" is just an invention of the 80s, and the pictures on the boxes represent people who are not true ancestors of Oliver Creed. Maybe they could even put the picture of Santa Claus as you say And the same Oliver Creed does not know the perfumery, because it is always assigned to French companies the project of the Creed's Fragrances, such as when he made GIT, created by Pierre Bourdon (without Creed). So I do not understand, why they want to continue to tell false things without vintage bottles and genuine evidence!? When Erwin Creed present its perfumes, I note that he speaks without passion and without knowing the ingredients. I fear that Erwin Creed is not a perfumer altogether. I believe that the true ''Creed'' is not in the Creed family. If at least a Creed family exist...
    I think it's all over and only marketing and stories completely invented. Their perfumes are very common and very expensive, but the question here is honesty, and not fragrances.

  7. #97

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Creed lied about its roots. Guerlain hated people of color. Hugo Boss supplied clothing to the Nazis.

    Starting to think that this entire "hobby" is just made up of people that enjoy spinning stories or love hiding their shady pasts; if not both.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

  8. #98
    Dependent Davem81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    2,466

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    I was informed by a reliable contact in Harrods that it was definitely 2500. They exhausted their supply fairly recently and weren't anticipating any further stock. I guess time will tell ....
    Jon, I'm sure I saw Harrods selling 250ml flacons of this fairly recently. Do you know anything about that?

  9. #99
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    20,836

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    Jon, I'm sure I saw Harrods selling 250ml flacons of this fairly recently. Do you know anything about that?

    Yes, you are absolutely right. I asked about them myself and was told there were only a limited few - the last time I visited they had all disappeared.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 8th July 2015 at 08:28 PM.
    Currently wearing: KL Homme by Lagerfeld

  10. #100

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    250ml of 1849? Wow, didn't know about that.

  11. #101

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    You're such a little troll , Angelo.

    Pretending to innocently ask the date because you know very well Creed gets shit for all their claims to having a long history & certain clients.

    By asking about the date you'd trigger a fiasco again.

    Are you bored, Angelo?
    Evidently bored, or perhaps has nothing better to do. Some people love to troll and derail threads.

  12. #102

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Creed lied about its roots. Guerlain hated people of color. Hugo Boss supplied clothing to the Nazis.

    Starting to think that this entire "hobby" is just made up of people that enjoy spinning stories or love hiding their shady pasts; if not both.
    It seems! After reading, I found this article...
    http://perfumedpolitics.blogspot.it/...-pasts-of.html
    Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù

  13. #103

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Evidently bored, or perhaps has nothing better to do. Some people love to troll and derail threads.
    My friend it is right for you to say: "Some people love to troll and derail our marketing!"
    Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù

  14. #104

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Orazio Pregoni View Post
    My friend it is right for you to say: "Some people love to troll and derail our marketing!"
    What? Whose marketing?

  15. #105

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Can we keep this thread on topic of Millesime 1849 please. For those of you who wish to discuss whether or not Creed retconned it's backstory, there are plenty of other thread that have discussed this.

  16. #106

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Can we keep this thread on topic of Millesime 1849 please. For those of you who wish to discuss whether or not Creed retconned it's backstory, there are plenty of other thread that have discussed this.
    Sorry Grant, I think it's my fault, having asked for the reasons for the name (1849) I did not know!
    Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù

  17. #107

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Does anyone know if Creed makes carded samples of 1849 like they do the rest of the collection? If they do, I've never seen one.

    Would be perfect if they did. I'd like to test it again after reading the impressions in this thread.

  18. #108

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    They have it in stock in the Mayfair boutique I think

  19. #109
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    218,724

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Does anyone know if Creed makes carded samples of 1849 like they do the rest of the collection? If they do, I've never seen one.
    When I purchased a bottle at the Creed boutique in Paris they included a few of the carded samples of this so the answer is yes. Don't know about in the States though.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  20. #110

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Has this scent been a fiasco for Creed?

  21. #111
    Duke Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    5,442

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Has this scent been a fiasco for Creed?
    In what sense?

  22. #112

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    It has been a success in one sense: it is a rare find on eBay, and rarely discounted. It pretty much commands the retail asking price or more. No grey market volume to speak of. My wife and son liked it more than I did.

  23. #113

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    In what sense?
    Sales argument.

  24. #114
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    218,724

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Sales argument.
    Always thought it was to have a limited run - at least at the Creed boutiques. That's what I was told in Paris.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  25. #115
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27,536

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Always thought it was to have a limited run - at least at the Creed boutiques. That's what I was told in Paris.
    Thats what I thought also. Limited to 500 or 5,000 bottles or something like that.
    Current Winter Favorites:
    1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    4. Xerjoff - Wabar
    5. Creed - Royal Oud
    6. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    9. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    10. Creed - Royal English Leather

  26. #116

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    That clearly is the coolest and most elegant bottle I have ever seen. I'm a huge olive drab and camo fan. My heart skipped a beat when i saw your picture of this gem.


    http://media.giphy.com/media/IcCd2FhIzuIo0/giphy.gif
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

  27. #117
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    218,724

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    That clearly is the coolest and most elegant bottle I have ever seen. I'm a huge olive drab and camo fan. My heart skipped a beat when i saw your picture of this gem.


    http://media.giphy.com/media/IcCd2FhIzuIo0/giphy.gif
    Were you lucky enough to secure for yourself a bottle?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  28. #118

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Were you lucky enough to secure for yourself a bottle?
    No Sir, I have not. I'm looking right now though. It looks as though its 2.5 oz for $390. There doesnt seem to be any other way to smell it other than flat out buying it. I am really pondering this one. It hurts inside. I will let you know if I get it. I'm giving myself till 6:30. Its like a poker game and I'm all in or not. Lol.
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

  29. #119

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandaguy View Post
    I'm compelled to resurrect this thread because today I just can't stop smiling at the small M1849 cloud that's wrapped around me. As others have said, this fragrance was love at first sniff. The dry down is superb and very clearly triggers some happy memory/emotion in my mind - not sure what specifically, but it's all good!

    I bought a bottle immediately after testing and two weeks later purchased another for backup. I wear this only a few times per month (when I'm in the right mood, or aim to be in 'that' mood) but when I do, it settles so deeply into and perfectly on my skin that I'm convinced Mr. O Creed had me specifically in mind when he composed it!
    Your comment is one of the many reasons I enjoy this hobby.
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

  30. #120
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    218,724

    Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

    Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    No Sir, I have not. I'm looking right now though. It looks as though its 2.5 oz for $390. There doesnt seem to be any other way to smell it other than flat out buying it. I am really pondering this one. It hurts inside. I will let you know if I get it. I'm giving myself till 6:30. Its like a poker game and I'm all in or not. Lol.
    Good luck!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th November 2016, 11:58 PM
  2. Creed Millesime 1849 similar to Guerlain Samsara
    By CaliDude in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th November 2013, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000