Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Creed Millesime 1849

1849 is a great fragrance and I'm happy to have it as part of my collection. I just find it so funny that they are still saying that they have just 8 left. A few weeks after it was released they had "a few left" and I was told they weren't getting any more in once they all sold. I wonder how true that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had it on for about 5 hours now. I wore three sprays to work today. It still reminds me more of a lighter version of JHL by Aramis/Lauder than anything else I've smelled. On me it wears close to the skin and I don't know if it's projecting much. My wife really liked it on me when she got home last night. My 17 year old son actually said he believes he likes it better than Aventus! (I gave him a 1 OZ bottle of Aventus that is about 30% full a few months back). I still don't know how much I like 1849. I'm still getting to know it. One thing for sure: my wife and I both agree that on me it's not remotely feminine.

Sorry you didn't like it Chuck!

So is this one truly a "limited edition" or is it part of the mainline albeit only at select locations?

I bought this when it first came out in the Paris Creed boutique in summer 2013. When I returned there in summer 2014, I inquired about it and I was told it was gone for good. Now whether what they told me was true or not, I don't know.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

It's available for sale now in Harrods online as an "exclusive".

Well that's great news then for those in the UK who don't yet have it and want it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Just got a sample of this in last week or so. I like it, but I don't like it enough, and the oud annoys me a little. Overall though, it's quite nice. This is my first exposure to ylang ylang, and I think I enjoy it.

This one was way too fem on my skin!! I really wanted to like it but in the end I scrubbed it off quickly.

I gave it an honest try, but it's one of the few Creeds that did not work for me. Sold it off rather quickly with no regrets.

I'm compelled to resurrect this thread because today I just can't stop smiling at the small M1849 cloud that's wrapped around me. As others have said, this fragrance was love at first sniff. The dry down is superb and very clearly triggers some happy memory/emotion in my mind - not sure what specifically, but it's all good!

I bought a bottle immediately after testing and two weeks later purchased another for backup. I wear this only a few times per month (when I'm in the right mood, or aim to be in 'that' mood) but when I do, it settles so deeply into and perfectly on my skin that I'm convinced Mr. O Creed had me specifically in mind when he composed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandaguy View Post
    I'm compelled to resurrect this thread because today I just can't stop smiling at the small M1849 cloud that's wrapped around me. As others have said, this fragrance was love at first sniff. The dry down is superb and very clearly triggers some happy memory/emotion in my mind - not sure what specifically, but it's all good!

I bought a bottle immediately after testing and two weeks later purchased another for backup. I wear this only a few times per month (when I'm in the right mood, or aim to be in 'that' mood) but when I do, it settles so deeply into and perfectly on my skin that I'm convinced Mr. O Creed had me specifically in mind when he composed it!
    Sounds like you found
    your cherished Creed! Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sounds like you found
    your cherished Creed! Good for you!
    Well, to be honest, there really is only one truly cherished creed for me, and that would be my vintage Tabarome! But obviously the two have nothing in common.

Basenotes Plus

I have to say this stuff is amazing. It is right up there with Windsor and vintage Tabarome as my favorite Creeds and I think 1849 might edge those two out a bit for me personally. It is so strong and fresh at the same time with incredible longevity and projection. Classic with a modern twist. I am so happy I was able to obtain a sealed bottle. This should last me for some time but im already searching out where to source a back up. Top notch stuff IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    I have to say this stuff is amazing. It is right up there with Windsor and vintage Tabarome as my favorite Creeds and I think 1849 might edge those two out a bit for me personally. It is so strong and fresh at the same time with incredible longevity and projection. Classic with a modern twist. I am so happy I was able to obtain a sealed bottle. This should last me for some time but im already searching out where to source a back up. Top notch stuff IMO.
    I've always felt Millesime 1849 was at the top of the range for Creed. Indeed, it edges Windsor in my opinion.

It's like that crazy gold and white dress, I don't know what you guys are seeing. Glad you like it, though!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    It's like that crazy gold and white dress, I don't know what you guys are seeing.
    Ha ha! Just saw that news story tonight about that dress.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    It's like that crazy gold and white dress, I don't know what you guys are seeing. Glad you like it, though!
    Yep! I didn't like the opening of 1849 but did like the dry down.

However, I think I would have only had the desire to wear it every 764 days, so I didn't buy it.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Helmut Lang Cuiron, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...EELEY-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: CREED WINDSOR, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Helmut Lang Cuiron, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626