Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default A Slumberhouse Sample Pass

I think we've finally got things sorted out. Apologies to all for any confusion, including purplebird7, who may have misread my thinly expressed intent. Thanks for leading me by the hand, Ipp!

SLUMBERHOUSE SAMPLE PASS

So, officially, Badarun and I are offering a sample pass of the Slumberhouse fragrances below. We both have FBs of the starred items. For the rest we have one FB between us and, in most cases, one or more samples. If you're interested, please reply here or PM me. I'll list the pass order on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have a preference, I'll try to accommodate it. I'm thinking 1 ml per person, as Ipp suggests, but if you don't mind 2 people per ml then we can handle more.

What fun! Thanks, Badarun, for helping us sample so many unique fragrances. Here goes!

Baque
    Eki
    Flou
    Grev
    *Jeke
    Kere
    Mare
    *Norne
    Ore
    *Pear & Olive
    Rume
    Sana
    Sova
    *Vikt

Default Re: A Slumberhouse Sample Pass

What a great selection!

Excited for all involved, and big thanks to ScentFan and Badarun for setting up a great pass!
    Last edited by deadidol; 16th December 2013 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks for setting this up guys, I'd love to be included! I came late to the Slumberhouse party and didn't get to try many of the now discontinued fragrances. I live quite close to badarun, so should be quick and easy!
    Currently wearing: Fate Woman by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Good luck & well done guys!

Have fun everyone involved, and thanks to ScentFan and Arun for getting this together. I've tried all but Eki and Mare, but I feel fortunate enough to have tried the rest, so I'm alright .

I don't think I have Eki, so you might want that taken off...
    Currently wearing: Acqua Viva by Profumum

If you can send me a sample of Pear and Olive and Rume, that would be greatly appreciated. When I send to the next person. I will also send a sample of something (in wardrobe). Thanks guys!

I haven't tried any Slumberhouse scents so would love to be included in Sample Pass. Please feel free to put me towards the end. Work is a bit crazy right now, which slows down my ability to test and post reactions as quickly as I want to.

Basenotes Plus

I'd like in on this as there are some discontinueds that I haven't tried. I'll spare the ones that I have samples/bottles on so that there's more to go around of those.

Blog Entries

Thank you for this lovely opportunity, Scentfan and Badarun. I'm really looking forward to experiencing these and also reading reviews and impressions. Now about the name pronunciations....
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    I don't think I have Eki, so you might want that taken off...
    i have Eki, badarun (or will shortly).

Gosh, yes. I'm glad you got this going, ScentFan. Just carry on, you and badarun.

That quick, I think the sample pass is full with these participants:

JiveHippo, sjg3839, juanderer, mimielle, bogsc, purplebird7

Actually, I need to add myself to the list to sample badarun's and add him for my Eki. At 1 ml/person that's 7 ml of each perfume, a large amount from 30 ml FBs. Instead, let's stick to 5 ml max sample bottles and ask everyone to use less than 1 ml.

Sample Pass Order:

JiveHippo
    ScentFan
    sjg3839
    juanderer (Pear + Olive, Rume)
    mimielle
    bogsc
    purplebird7
    (Maybe we can think of a way to slip in Eki and Mare for Octavarium).

Badarun, I'll start getting things together and PM you about the details. Will ship when the FB's I'm awaiting arrive.

Thanks, all, for participating! Post your impressions here when the samples reach you. So looking forward to reading your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    That quick, I think the sample pass is full with these participants:

JiveHippo, sjg3839, juanderer, mimielle, bogsc, purplebird7

Actually, I need to add myself to the list to sample badarun's and add him for my Eki. At 1 ml/person that's 7 ml of each perfume, a large amount from 30 ml FBs. Instead, let's stick to 5 ml max sample bottles and ask everyone to use less than 1 ml.

Sample Pass Order:

JiveHippo
    ScentFan
    sjg3839
    mimielle
    bogsc
    purplebird7
    (Maybe we can think of a way to slip in Eki and Mare for Octavarium).

Badarun, I'll start getting things together and PM you about the details. Will ship when the FB's I'm awaiting arrive.

Thanks, all, for participating! Post your impressions here when the samples reach you. So looking forward to reading your replies.
    Honestly, if you are not using the Slumberhouse samples, you probably only need to send 1mL of each. We really only need one or two sprays from a small vial, and 1mL is roughly 10 sprays, enough for each of us. If you want to air on the safe side, 2mL is really the max needed considering most will only wear it once.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Honestly, if you are not using the Slumberhouse samples, you probably only need to send 1mL of each. We really only need one or two sprays from a small vial, and 1mL is roughly 10 sprays, enough for each of us. If you want to air on the safe side, 2mL is really the max needed considering most will only wear it once.
    No idea, OctaVariuM. This is my first sample pass. What do others think?

Blog Entries

I'm happy just to get to experience them, honestly. But ideally? I'd like to be able to test on blotter, skin and hanky. 3 sprays
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

If we're just doing wrist sampling, it could work, but I can't see how 7 people are supposed to get a full wearing from 1ml.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    If we're just doing wrist sampling, it could work, but I can't see how 7 people are supposed to get a full wearing from 1ml.

My main concern here is that these are given a fair assessment - some have been immediate loves with me but others take a few wears to appreciate & explore properly.
    Even those that I knew would be FB purchases from the start have continued to show different facets on further exploration.

Not trying to be a killjoy here but it's something to be considered - along with the fact that they are in limited supply.

1-2 sprays on skin is typically enough for me to decide whether I want to investigate a scent further by acquiring my own sample or small decant. I don't expect to decide whether I should buy full bottle through a sample pass that includes many participants. You all are being very generous as it is with sharing of your full bottles!

One or two sprays even from one of the official samples is more than enough to get a full wearing out of if you spray it on your neck like most fragrances. I've got probably 10+ of his samples and most of them are nearly full since I've worn them maybe 4 times each and the small amount of juice I wear each time is more than enough.

In the end it doesn't matter to me, I'm just trying to save the donators more juice. At the very most I think 2mL would be more than enough. Even if someone wears it twice, that's 2-4 sprays max (unless they are stupid and wear three sprays and overwhelm themselves) through6 people, so 12-24 sprays=1.2-2.4mL.

Basenotes Plus

I would be grateful to get a sample of any of them besides pear and olive as it's the only one I have tried.

Basenotes Plus

One or two sprays even from one of the official samples is more than enough to get a full wearing out of if you spray it on your neck like most fragrances. I've got probably 10+ of his samples and most of them are nearly full since I've worn them maybe 4 times each and the small amount of juice I wear each time is more than enough.

In the end it doesn't matter to me, I'm just trying to save the donators more juice. At the very most I think 2mL would be more than enough. Even if someone wears it twice, that's 2-4 sprays max (unless they are stupid and wear three sprays and overwhelm themselves) through6 people, so 12-24 sprays=1.2-2.4mL.
    Sounds sensible!

Whatever you guys can provide is cool with me. Thanks!

I'm okay with sending up to 5ml max, as mentioned previously, as I don't want someone at the end of the pass to be sniffing out of the vial...

Scentfan - I have extrait & EDP versions of Ore, so please add 1 additional vial for this. & you can leave me out of Eki, as I read reviews about it being a floral, it might not interest me enough...

I'm actually counting 7 people in the pass:
    JiveHippo
    ScentFan
    sjg3839
    mimielle
    bogsc
    purplebird7

Also, I've found that 1ml is actually closer to 6 or 7 sprays (of course this depends on the atomizer). I really don't care how much juice is sent tbh, I'm just happy/grateful to get a chance to smell these. However, If we we're allotted one spray each, I would probably choose to spray my wrist as I feel I could judge the fragrance much more accurately that way.

Btw, I regularly wear 5 or 6 sprays of Ore extrait, and it's not overwhelming at all. I really can't imagine doing just one spray of any fragrance, no matter how strong.

Basenotes Plus

What about badarun

Btw, I regularly wear 5 or 6 sprays of Ore extrait, and it's not overwhelming at all. I really can't imagine doing just
    one spray of any fragrance, no matter how strong.
    Jivehippo - having extensively used Slumberhouse, I can tell that for testing, one or max 2 sprays is more than sufficient, in most cases 1 will do a better job to you than 2...particularly for these 8 below:

Baque
    Grev
    *Jeke
    Kere
    *Norne
    Rume
    Sova
    *Vikt

I'm actually counting 7 people in the pass:
    JiveHippo
    ScentFan
    sjg3839
    mimielle
    bogsc
    purplebird7

Also, I've found that 1ml is actually closer to 6 or 7 sprays (of course this depends on the atomizer). I really don't care how much juice is sent tbh, I'm just happy/grateful to get a chance to smell these. However, If we we're allotted one spray each, I would probably choose to spray my wrist as I feel I could judge the fragrance much more accurately that way.

Btw, I regularly wear 5 or 6 sprays of Ore extrait, and it's not overwhelming at all. I really can't imagine doing just one spray of any fragrance, no matter how strong.
    Not to derail this too much, but 5 sprays! Jesus. You are the kind of guy I see posting about how you wear 10 sprays of A*Men or 4 sprays of Black Afghano, aren't you :P? That being said, Ore is pretty weak by Josh's standards. Try doing that with Jeke and you'll die.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Jivehippo - having extensively used Slumberhouse, I can tell that for testing, one or max 2 sprays is more than sufficient, in most cases 1 will do a better job to you than 2...particularly for these 8 below:

Baque
    Grev
    *Jeke
    Kere
    *Norne
    Rume
    Sova
    *Vikt
    For sure Arun. I was replying to Octavarium's comment where he said "unless they are stupid and wear three sprays and overwhelm themselves". If three sprays is stupid, then my 5 or 6 sprays must be downright mental. Like I said, I'm happy just to smell these. I do think that 5ml is waaayy too much.

Basenotes Institution

Slumberhouse scents need to be applied lightly guys/gals. Over do it and they will literally sicken you. Go easy at the beginning. Trust me.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle