Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: A Slumberhouse Sample Pass

To add that I do not find MKK or MR from Malle anywhere animalic as Sova either.

I'm wearing Sova now from a sample. Castoreum does rise in the drydown, but it's faint or I would have had to wash it off by now. Found I'm very sensitive to it. If you're wearing the original, deadidol, the castoreum must have been reduced in the new version.

Default A Slumberhouse Sample Pass

I'm wearing the extrait today. The original is actually very similar. But musks react differently on different people. Sova's boozy, animalic hay on me today

It's up there with the animalics, but I do find the Masque to be even more extreme, although that's way less castoreum and more ambrette / civet.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I've got a couple more to go, then the package will be off to ScentFan.
    Thanks, JiveHippo, for contributing to the sample pass and for your impressions. I retrieved the package from the post office today. Don't see the Zahd-scented letter originally included. Do you have it? Will replace those leaky atomizers, complete my remaining sniffs and comments, and get this off to sjg3839 next.

Oh shoot! Ya, I must have that Zahd paper somewhere. Honestly, it didn't smell like much when I got it. I could put it in an envelope and send it to the next person in the pass.

Oh shoot! Ya, I must have that Zahd paper somewhere. Honestly, it didn't smell like much when I got it. I could put it in an envelope and send it to the next person in the pass.
    sjg3839 was next on the list, but he's had to drop out because he's on a work assignment. So next to get the pass is juanderer. I have his address and will PM it to you. The original envelope had the pass order printed on it as well. Here it is again with sjg3839 removed. Hope to get the pass off to juanderer shortly.

badarun
    JiveHippo
    ScentFan
    juanderer
    mimielle
    bogsc
    purplebird7
    KBF1972
    remik
    markc
    Cello

if anything's left:
    danieq
    Last edited by ScentFan; 24th February 2014 at 07:40 AM. Reason: correct pass list

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Baque. Fragrantica classifies it as an oriental fougère
    I don't think classifications will work for (any) Slumberhouse...Perfect fusion cuisine in parfums imho.

Baque. Fragrantica classifies it as an oriental fougère, a genre I’ve yet to investigate.
    Yeah, that's not a fougère at all. Fragrantica is often way off on the notes / classifcation of this line (can you blame them?) Although as Arun points out, categorization of this line is problematic (as I doubt any were made with that in mind), Baque would probably be a smoky oriental as it's a very amber-y lactonic fragrance.

Dear badarun and JiveHippo

I tried to PM you, but it didn't work.

Geez, guys! ALL of the 5 ml samples I sent seem to have lost a full 2 ml or more up there in Canada, leaving less than half a ml for the others in the pass. I see no evidence of leakage in ALL my samples. JiveHippo, if you are an actual hippopotamus I understand, but for heavens sake. This was not my intention for these rare and expensive perfumes.

p.s. I'm telling Walad on you. Watch out for scimitars!

Basenotes Plus

So, juanderer is next in line - looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    So, juanderer is next in line - looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
    Haven't mailed the pass to him yet, Ipp. My mind keeps making appointments my temporarily under the weather body won't keep. Perhaps today.

Basenotes Plus

Hope you feel better soon, ScentFan

Dear badarun and JiveHippo

I tried to PM you, but it didn't work.

Geez, guys! ALL of the 5 ml samples I sent seem to have lost a full 2 ml or more up there in Canada, leaving less than half a ml for the others in the pass. I see no evidence of leakage in ALL my samples. JiveHippo, if you are an actual hippopotamus I understand, but for heavens sake. This was not my intention for these rare and expensive perfumes.

p.s. I'm telling Walad on you. Watch out for scimitars!
    Not quite sure what you're hinting at here, but I definitely used less than my share. The most I used of any one scent was 3 sprays, and for many, I used just one spray. Ore extrait, Jeke, Vikt, Sova - I didn't use any as I already have samples of those. Most of the decants weren't filled all the way when I received them - so either they leaked, or you didn't fill them all the way.

Not quite sure what you're hinting at here, but I definitely used less than my share. The most I used of any one scent was 3 sprays, and for many, I used just one spray. Ore extrait, Jeke, Vikt, Sova - I didn't use any as I already have samples of those. Most of the decants weren't filled all the way when I received them - so either they leaked, or you didn't fill them all the way.

This is a real mystery then. The facts are these: I filled the vials to the brim, no space left at all, and badarun tells me he did the same for his, yet there is a clear 2 ml or more missing from all the vials, most with no evidence of leaks, much less uniformly whopping ones. Next, perhaps by happenstance (but unluckily if so), you made a special request to be the first to receive the pass. Then you made another request to change the pass order and mail it to someone other than me when you were done. I said, no, because there'd already been enough confusion and I wanted to replace the vials before the pass moved on. I have no idea what happened except the samples I contributed were full to the brim and taped down when they left me. The mod team decided to review this, so I leave it in their hands, having made a plea in your favor in case Murphy's Law is dogging our sample pass (and anyway I've always liked you).

Basenotes Plus

Locked until we sort this out.
    No one authorized this pass thread.

"Offering samples and bottles for free will be allowed here(male and female discussion boards!). Let's see if we can do this without asking for sample shipping costs. If someone offers samples and then later receives some, the costs should be a wash."

This is remaining locked as it has run its course. Personal transaction problems of any kind must be discussed privately as well. All passes and giveaways must be in the MFD or FFD under those rules.
    Last edited by stuigi; 7th March 2014 at 11:57 PM.