Code of Conduct

Default Article: Sandalwood Dreams, Part 7: What does it smell like?

Default Re: Article: Sandalwood Dreams, Part 7: What does it smell like?

gorgeous! thanks for putting together these great perspectives on a super new raw material. I've been eagerly anticipating this becoming available!

Thanks for this series of articles & well done to the Australian growers!

It has been a delight to write Efemmeral. Spectacular Avatar btw. Stand by for tomorrow - you will have a chance to sample this. Me - bathing in it! The sandalwood dream became a sandalwood bath.

Indeed Ipp. Love the Aussies. They are fair dinkum players in playing field that used to previously attract smugglers, thieves and pirates.

Thanks for the interesting series, Jordan.
    (The first two instalments happily took me back to my days of reading Pāli).
    Ozzie Santalum album figures in Malle's Dries van Noten collaboration.

You read Pāil? That is seriously cool. Are you from India or South East Asia? Or are you a fragrant monk? Was Purna a story you knew from your own reading?

Yes Dries van Noten has sandalwood from from a sustainable source - but I did not know that the source was Santalum album from Oz. Thank you for adding this to the conversation.
    Last edited by Jordan88888888; 17th December 2013 at 05:23 PM.

A really interesting series of articles Jordan, thanks for writing, have really been enjoying them, well done. Love, love sandalwood. Love the idea of gandhajala being a fragrant monk, I will have to tease him next time I see him! He is indeed cool and brainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan88888888 View Post
    You read Pāil? That is seriously cool. Are you from India or South East Asia? Or are you a fragrant monk? Was Purna a story you knew from your own reading?
    Yes Dries van Noten has sandalwood from from a sustainable source - but I did not know that the source was Santalum album from Oz. Thank you for adding this to the conversation.
    Hi Jordan,
    No, I'm not a fragrant monk - just a lowly academic who works on old Indo-Iranian languages.

Lila - you tease, you ! See you in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lila Das Gupta View Post
    A really interesting series of articles Jordan, thanks for writing, have really been enjoying them, well done. Love, love sandalwood. Love the idea of gandhajala being a fragrant monk, I will have to tease him next time I see him! He is indeed cool and brainy.
    Lila Das Gupta - I love your beautiful sounding name. Based on his recent comment Gandhajala sounds humble and unassuming which are very pleasant qualities in any human. Not so sure about self-deprecation though! Thank you for reading and commenting Lila, I know you to be a busy person. Waft on...

Great series of insightful articles - thanks so much for detailed blow by blow account of the harvest and I'm absolutely delighted to see Mr. Dubrana as one of your assessors - if it's okay for him it's okay for me (I enjoy his Santalum Album EdT and we shared happy memories of how easy it was to get hold of great Mysore Oils back in the 70's - if only we knew then!). It will be interesting to see who makes good use of the new stuff.