Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Dior Collection Privee‎ Vetiver Discontinued.. 5 bottles Left @LV Dior Boutique

Just ordered a bottle of discontinued Dior Vetiver
    SA said they are down to 3 large and 2 small bottles, also said these are the last bottles left in any store..

Default Re: Dior Collection Privee‎ Vetiver Discontinued.. 5 bottles Left @LV Dior Boutique

Still can't believe it. I have 2 bottles, and am tempted to buy another! I love vetiver, and rank this one right near the top.

Default Re: Dior Collection Privee‎ Vetiver Discontinued.. 5 bottles Left @LV Dior Boutique

Sounds strange, I was under the impression that there were still leftovers here and there (eg here in DC). Also, a store in Paris last year told me that Vetiver would still be available directly with request to the Dior house, but only in Paris.

cacio

Wish I had the $ .....
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

I don't believe that only the LV store carries the remainder of the Vetiver bottles, I'm sure there are more at some high end department stores across the U.S

I wouldn't be surprised if, like cacio says, there is still a way of ordering Vetiver directly through the Paris store. It would mean it's more limited, but it's better than being entirely discontinued.

Vetiver is a beautiful scent and my favourite vetiver based fragrance, really wish I could have a bottle.

Thank you for the tip. I know Garrick Allen, the Dior Beauty SA, in the LV store will go the distance for fragrance lovers who order.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

While I have no reason to doubt the remaining quantity at the LV boutique, it's hard to believe that it's he only one with remaining stock.
    (1679)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Just spoke with someone at the Wynn. No bottles in stock but is finding a bottle in NY for me and can ship tomorrow... so we shall see. I will find the $ somewhere.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Definitely the best vetiver on the market (well...maybe not actually on the market anymore.) Really sad to see this one go personally. I've tried a few of the other privee fragrances and this one seems to blow the others out of the water IMO. Seems like this was a popular choice too, not sure how this one didn't stay in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    Just spoke with someone at the Wynn. No bottles in stock but is finding a bottle in NY for me and can ship tomorrow... so we shall see. I will find the $ somewhere.
    Hope it works out for you.
    (1698)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Garrick Allen is at the Dior Boutique at the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace, not the Wynn. You can call and ask about other bottles at
    702-369-6072.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Perfumearth via Ebay has the 4.2 oz for $239.00..
    A few others as well but that's the lowest..

Hillary, the Dior rep at the Neiman Marcus in San Francisco, told me this past week that Vetiver has not actually been discontinued, but instead is being offered on a special-order basis. They still had it out among the featured Collection bottles (though not sure whether they had any in stock just then).

Basenotes Plus

I saw a bottle at SAKs in St Louis at Plaza Frontenac.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I used to like this but not as much anymore. Whenever I feel like putting on a vetiver fragrance I end up reaching for Sycomore. I've got a 250 mL bottle which is almost full and just lying around. If someone wants it just send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    Hillary, the Dior rep at the Neiman Marcus in San Francisco, told me this past week that Vetiver has not actually been discontinued, but instead is being offered on a special-order basis. They still had it out among the featured Collection bottles (though not sure whether they had any in stock just then).
    I hope this is true. It might be my favorite vetiver. I really enjoy wearing this to work. I need to spring for a bottle.

Basenotes Member

If it remains available on a special-order basis, then wouldn't it still be on Dior's website? My feeling is that this one was made redundant by the equally-good Eau Sauvage Parfum. Based on that alone, Dior may have seen it as a natural candidate for discontinuation. I was at the Dior Boutique City Center Las Vegas last weekend and it was not on display with the others. I neglected to ask if it was still available.
    Last edited by RandolphCanuck; 15th January 2014 at 06:06 PM.

I put a buy order on this one right now. Hardly worth any more consideration if you appreciate a fine vetiver scent. I have the good fortune of tracking down a 4.2 fl oz bottle on ebay last year for $329 with shipping. This stuff certainly lasts despite what others say about longevity. Two or three sprays and I am good to go for the large part of the day. Sillage is moderate and wonderful on a warm summers day.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Never heard of any longevity issues with this one. I wore this to a wedding during the summer, and it even rained...the scent was still radiating quite strongly from my clothing when I took it to the dry cleaner two weeks later...that was about what about 4 sprays of the stuff could do.

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    I put a buy order on this one right now. Hardly worth any more consideration if you appreciate a fine vetiver scent. I have the good fortune of tracking down a 4.2 fl oz bottle on ebay last year for $329 with shipping. This stuff certainly lasts despite what others say about longevity. Two or three sprays and I am good to go for the large part of the day. Sillage is moderate and wonderful on a warm summers day.

I had a chance to scoop an 8.5 oz of this up for $205 not long ago. I didn't take it.

Was that dumb?
    Paris*L.A. is an excellent new gourmand from A Lab On Fire. If you're looking for a fun, new fragrance for this winter, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I had a chance to scoop an 8.5 oz of this up for $205 not long ago. I didn't take it.

Was that dumb?
    Just one that got away. Unfortunately, it will be hard to find bargains like this for Privee Vetiver in the future.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Never heard of any longevity issues with this one. I wore this to a wedding during the summer, and it even rained...the scent was still radiating quite strongly from my clothing when I took it to the dry cleaner two weeks later...that was about what about 4 sprays of the stuff could do.
    Excellent choice for a special occasion scent, and most approprate on your wedding day. I could not understand the comments on poor longevity from another website. This one in fact is one of the longest lasting vetiver scents I know of .

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    It lasts me all day as well. Now I'm getting concerned it's gone. I've only got about 35ml left.

I was informed the other day there are still some bottles at the Las Vegas boutique to those interested. Mitzah is also still available.

If you like these two get them before people start charging an arm and leg for bottles.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Thanks for the info. I want to pick some up.

Neiman Marcus in SF currently has stock of Vetiver and Mitzah.