Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Slumberhouse Zahd

Anyone heard anything about a release date for this lately? In October, when it was available for pre-order, it was supposed to come out before the end of the year, I think.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

I've heard March 2014 on the general discussion forum for Slumberhouse. I think deadidol would know best.

Last estimated date in that thread was sometime in January.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...=1#post3014714
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Guys. The original quote was late dec / early January.

He was waiting on the packaging to be finalized (and it is). However, because of the holidays, there won't be any progress made until after the new year. To be safe, I'd expect mid-late jan at this point. What I can say is that the juice is / has been ready, and the glassware has arrived. The remainder of the packaging is on the way, so it's all in progress.

Stay patient!

The March 2014 was, I think, a joke. Somebody said "January sounds like March," but I didn't think anyone took that serious. If so, I'll correct it.

(And no, I haven't seen it)

OP: Did you place an order? You do know it was a limited run that sold out in a day, right? It's something you can just buy at this point unfortunately. Also, there's quite a waiting list of people ready to pounce on cancellations

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Guys. The original quote was late dec / early January.

He was waiting on the packaging to be finalized (and it is). However, because of the holidays, there won't be any progress made until after the new year. To be safe, I'd expect mid-late jan at this point. What I can say is that the juice is / has been ready, and the glassware has arrived. The remainder of the packaging is on the way, so it's all in progress.

Stay patient!

The March 2014 was, I think, a joke. Somebody said "January sounds like March," but I didn't think anyone took that serious. If so, I'll correct it.

(And no, I haven't seen it)

OP: Did you place an order? You do know it was a limited run that sold out in a day, right? It's something you can just buy at this point unfortunately. Also, there's quite a waiting list of people ready to pounce on cancellations
    Thanks for the information. Yes, I ordered it.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Patiently waiting for this to arrive in my mailbox!
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

According to an email sent by Josh to all Zahd buyers about 30 minutes ago, it sounds like Feb. 2014 is the new ETA.

Hang in there everyone! It'll be worth the wait

A beautiful e-mail from Josh and truly appreciated!

No doubt, this will be worth the wait. Anything from Slumberhouse is worth the wait IMO. It's just macerating in the cask right now and getting even better.

Is everyone getting an email because I haven't gotten one, and I definitely ordered a bottle of Zahd.

Should I be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Is everyone getting an email because I haven't gotten one, and I definitely ordered a bottle of Zahd.

Should I be concerned?
    I got one. Maybe check your spam folder?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I got one. Maybe check your spam folder?
    I too didn't get one, and double checked my paypal to make sure the payment went through. It's possible our emails were lost.

I'm going to be emailing Josh to make sure everything is still on, I'd be heart broken if I didn't get a bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    I too didn't get one, and double checked my paypal to make sure the payment went through. It's possible our emails were lost.

I'm going to be emailing Josh to make sure everything is still on, I'd be heart broken if I didn't get a bottle!
    I just emailed him too after double- checking to make sure my Paypal went through. Hopefully it's just a matter of our emails getting left off of the list and not anything to do with our actual orders. That would be a shame.

*Keeps fingers crossed*

I did not receive an email either.

I didn't get one either.

Basenotes Plus

Me neither.

Hey guys, I wouldn't worry about it. I just got an email back from Josh. Basically, the email list was put together manually so some names were accidentally left off of the list. Your orders should be fine.

But send him an email anyway, because the email he sent out explains a great deal about the process and you may want to read it.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 19th December 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Hey guys, I wouldn't worry about it. I just got an email back from Josh. Basically, the email list was put together manually so some names were accidentally left off of the list. Your orders should be fine.
    Thanks Buysblind. I'm just getting to this now and have let Josh know that a few didn't receive the email. If anyone wants it, PM me and I'll send it rather than posting it publicly (not that there's anything there that couldn't be posted publicly, but it's meant for those who purchased primarily).

Guys, here's a link to the email message with some soothing candles (and nothing risqué):

http://www.slumberhouse.com/zahd

There's an email sign-up thingy included now as well.
    Last edited by deadidol; 19th December 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks for the link, deadidol.

I missed the Zahd train, but it sounds like those of you that were quick are in for a twofold treat - a rare Slumberhouse fragrance and what sounds like a stunning new bottle! Looking forward to seeing pics when you receive your orders.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I was lucky enough to get a sample of Zahd with an order. Just found and sniffed the paper I tested it on. Amazing! Even many days later the scent is still luxuriously there. Can't smell hardly anything on the other perfume papers from the same time. The wait for Zahd is definitely going to be worth it.

Anyone heard any updates lately?
    The December email suggested February as the month of arrival.

Should be soon - see Feb 1 update here: http://www.slumberhouse.com/zahd
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

OK so I've read every comment on this thread & no one has talked about what this is supposed to SMELL like. Notes, etc.

I'm a little late to the party. Fill me in.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I should have covered it in depth somewhere. I can take a look and see if it got lost in the frenzy, but I'm on my phone right now, so functionality is limited.

Also, I didn't "review" it; I just gave a breakdown of what's in it and what it's doing. But there are several of us who have written extensively on the scent itself, although it is a tough one to describe.

Josh himself has even described it at some point. In short, cranberry and champaca over Mysore and commissioned attars. It's a dry, fruity, bright red incense thing with some serious Indian influence.
    Last edited by deadidol; 6th February 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    OK so I've read every comment on this thread & no one has talked about what this is supposed to SMELL like. Notes, etc.

I'm a little late to the party. Fill me in.
    It hasn't been released yet. Presale/fundraiser that dates back to November it think?

150 Bottles 1oz each. Long waiting list. Never to be produced again.

Shipping in the next week.

I am excited!

Ah, now I see the problem. It looks like this thread was started outside of another thread already discussing the scent. There should be a series of impressions in another thread on the subject.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    ...Josh himself has even described it at some point. In short, cranberry and champaca over Mysore and commissioned attars. It's a dry, fruity, bright red incense thing with some serious Indian influence.
    Ah - thanks.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ah - thanks.
    There should be a ton of writing on it around here someplace, but you can also check out Mark's thoughts here: http://www.cafleurebon.com/new-niche...d-velvet-draw/

"Zahd is an exquisite perfume experience that is among the best perfumes I have tried in the last ten years."
    Last edited by deadidol; 6th February 2014 at 03:47 PM.

Basenotes Plus

There's a Huddler thread remnant here.