Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Slumberhouse Zahd

Anyone heard anything about a release date for this lately? In October, when it was available for pre-order, it was supposed to come out before the end of the year, I think.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

I've heard March 2014 on the general discussion forum for Slumberhouse. I think deadidol would know best.

Last estimated date in that thread was sometime in January.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...=1#post3014714
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Guys. The original quote was late dec / early January.

He was waiting on the packaging to be finalized (and it is). However, because of the holidays, there won't be any progress made until after the new year. To be safe, I'd expect mid-late jan at this point. What I can say is that the juice is / has been ready, and the glassware has arrived. The remainder of the packaging is on the way, so it's all in progress.

Stay patient!

The March 2014 was, I think, a joke. Somebody said "January sounds like March," but I didn't think anyone took that serious. If so, I'll correct it.

(And no, I haven't seen it)

OP: Did you place an order? You do know it was a limited run that sold out in a day, right? It's something you can just buy at this point unfortunately. Also, there's quite a waiting list of people ready to pounce on cancellations

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Guys. The original quote was late dec / early January.

He was waiting on the packaging to be finalized (and it is). However, because of the holidays, there won't be any progress made until after the new year. To be safe, I'd expect mid-late jan at this point. What I can say is that the juice is / has been ready, and the glassware has arrived. The remainder of the packaging is on the way, so it's all in progress.

Stay patient!

The March 2014 was, I think, a joke. Somebody said "January sounds like March," but I didn't think anyone took that serious. If so, I'll correct it.

(And no, I haven't seen it)

OP: Did you place an order? You do know it was a limited run that sold out in a day, right? It's something you can just buy at this point unfortunately. Also, there's quite a waiting list of people ready to pounce on cancellations
    Thanks for the information. Yes, I ordered it.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Patiently waiting for this to arrive in my mailbox!

According to an email sent by Josh to all Zahd buyers about 30 minutes ago, it sounds like Feb. 2014 is the new ETA.

Hang in there everyone! It'll be worth the wait

A beautiful e-mail from Josh and truly appreciated!

No doubt, this will be worth the wait. Anything from Slumberhouse is worth the wait IMO. It's just macerating in the cask right now and getting even better.

Is everyone getting an email because I haven't gotten one, and I definitely ordered a bottle of Zahd.

Should I be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Is everyone getting an email because I haven't gotten one, and I definitely ordered a bottle of Zahd.

Should I be concerned?
    I got one. Maybe check your spam folder?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I got one. Maybe check your spam folder?
    I too didn't get one, and double checked my paypal to make sure the payment went through. It's possible our emails were lost.

I'm going to be emailing Josh to make sure everything is still on, I'd be heart broken if I didn't get a bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    I too didn't get one, and double checked my paypal to make sure the payment went through. It's possible our emails were lost.

I'm going to be emailing Josh to make sure everything is still on, I'd be heart broken if I didn't get a bottle!
    I just emailed him too after double- checking to make sure my Paypal went through. Hopefully it's just a matter of our emails getting left off of the list and not anything to do with our actual orders. That would be a shame.

*Keeps fingers crossed*

I did not receive an email either.

I didn't get one either.

Hey guys, I wouldn't worry about it. I just got an email back from Josh. Basically, the email list was put together manually so some names were accidentally left off of the list. Your orders should be fine.

But send him an email anyway, because the email he sent out explains a great deal about the process and you may want to read it.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 19th December 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Hey guys, I wouldn't worry about it. I just got an email back from Josh. Basically, the email list was put together manually so some names were accidentally left off of the list. Your orders should be fine.
    Thanks Buysblind. I'm just getting to this now and have let Josh know that a few didn't receive the email. If anyone wants it, PM me and I'll send it rather than posting it publicly (not that there's anything there that couldn't be posted publicly, but it's meant for those who purchased primarily).

Guys, here's a link to the email message with some soothing candles (and nothing risqué):

http://www.slumberhouse.com/zahd

There's an email sign-up thingy included now as well.
    Last edited by deadidol; 19th December 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks for the link, deadidol.

I missed the Zahd train, but it sounds like those of you that were quick are in for a twofold treat - a rare Slumberhouse fragrance and what sounds like a stunning new bottle! Looking forward to seeing pics when you receive your orders.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I was lucky enough to get a sample of Zahd with an order. Just found and sniffed the paper I tested it on. Amazing! Even many days later the scent is still luxuriously there. Can't smell hardly anything on the other perfume papers from the same time. The wait for Zahd is definitely going to be worth it.

Anyone heard any updates lately?
    The December email suggested February as the month of arrival.

Should be soon - see Feb 1 update here: http://www.slumberhouse.com/zahd

Basenotes Institution

OK so I've read every comment on this thread & no one has talked about what this is supposed to SMELL like. Notes, etc.

I'm a little late to the party. Fill me in.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I should have covered it in depth somewhere. I can take a look and see if it got lost in the frenzy, but I'm on my phone right now, so functionality is limited.

Also, I didn't "review" it; I just gave a breakdown of what's in it and what it's doing. But there are several of us who have written extensively on the scent itself, although it is a tough one to describe.

Josh himself has even described it at some point. In short, cranberry and champaca over Mysore and commissioned attars. It's a dry, fruity, bright red incense thing with some serious Indian influence.
    Last edited by deadidol; 6th February 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    OK so I've read every comment on this thread & no one has talked about what this is supposed to SMELL like. Notes, etc.

I'm a little late to the party. Fill me in.
    It hasn't been released yet. Presale/fundraiser that dates back to November it think?

150 Bottles 1oz each. Long waiting list. Never to be produced again.

Shipping in the next week.

I am excited!

Ah, now I see the problem. It looks like this thread was started outside of another thread already discussing the scent. There should be a series of impressions in another thread on the subject.

Basenotes Institution

...Josh himself has even described it at some point. In short, cranberry and champaca over Mysore and commissioned attars. It's a dry, fruity, bright red incense thing with some serious Indian influence.
    Ah - thanks.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Ah - thanks.
    There should be a ton of writing on it around here someplace, but you can also check out Mark's thoughts here: http://www.cafleurebon.com/new-niche...d-velvet-draw/

"Zahd is an exquisite perfume experience that is among the best perfumes I have tried in the last ten years."
    Last edited by deadidol; 6th February 2014 at 03:47 PM.

There's a Huddler thread remnant here.

Basenotes Institution

Oh I didn't realize that all of the bottles were already sold. Wow. How exciting for you guys who pre-ordered a bottle.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

There are bound to be some selling theirs for crazy prices.

Topping this thread so impressions of Zahd can be found outside the generic Slumberhouse thread.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Topping this thread so impressions of Zahd can be found outside the generic Slumberhouse thread.

Good call.

I haven't received my bottle yet but won't be the first to post picture once I finally do.

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    Good call.

I haven't received my bottle yet but won't be the first to post picture once I finally do.
    I may be the first to get mine in the mail since I live so close. I will let you all wait in anticipation to see the new bottle as requested by Josh.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Basenotes Institution

Is the Zahd bottle the same size (ml's) as the previous ones?

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

The bottle has no marbles to take up space, so 30mL fills the bottle.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Pictures here post #487...

Basenotes Institution

Bottle is beautiful!

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Did anyone get this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by UngerWoo View Post
    Did anyone get this yet?
    Yes, some people have. You can find some impressions here..

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...use-Discussion

Some of today's shipments are arriving too, from what I hear.

Got mine today. Really cool bottle. At first, I was hit by a blast of sweetness, which almost immediately dissipated. Then it started shifting into something very resinous. I do get some sandalwood, maybe some honey/beeswax, a ton of spices and some incense. I definitely won't be selling my bottle. It reminds me a bit of Rume, but this one is MUCH better. It's also instantly recognizable as a Josh Lobb fragrance. I can't imagine anybody who is a big fan of his work not enjoying this. It does go on as a big red mess, though, so I'd be cautious with clothing at first.

Basenotes Institution

Big red mess lol

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm a big fan of Josh's work...obviously. Surprisingly I'm not really a big fan of Zahd. I appreciate the quality of the scent, it's just not for me. I'll take Rume every day of the week given that I like the fact that it's a little dirtier and spicier and a lot more resinous. Is Zahd highest quality and most well-rounded scent Josh's ever created? Yes, definitely. Zahd just didn't move me like the others have to be honest. Just not my cup of tea, I guess I prefer my fruit a little darker, dirtier and faintly fermented. Hope all of you enjoy your bottles though, they're absolutely beautiful. The bottle design would have fit Vikt to a TEE! Definitely the best design out there right now, they're so Slumberhouse, it hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Got mine today. Really cool bottle. At first, I was hit by a blast of sweetness, which almost immediately dissipated. Then it started shifting into something very resinous. I do get some sandalwood, maybe some honey/beeswax, a ton of spices and some incense. I definitely won't be selling my bottle. It reminds me a bit of Rume, but this one is MUCH better. It's also instantly recognizable as a Josh Lobb fragrance. I can't imagine anybody who is a big fan of his work not enjoying this. It does go on as a big red mess, though, so I'd be cautious with clothing at first.
    Last edited by rynegne; 18th February 2014 at 09:44 PM.

Lol, I'm not getting a good visual here...

Big red mess lol

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I'm a big fan of Josh's work...obviously. Surprisingly I'm not really a big fan of Zahd. I appreciate the quality of the scent, it's just not for me. I'll take Rume every day of the week given that I like the fact that it's a little dirtier and spicier and a lot more resinous. Is Zahd highest quality and most well-rounded scent Josh's ever created? Yes, definitely. Zahd just didn't move me like the others have to be honest. Just not my cup of tea, I guess I prefer my fruit a little darker, dirtier and faintly fermented. Hope all of you enjoy your bottles though, they're absolutely beautiful. The bottle design would have fit Vikt to a TEE! Definitely the best design out there right now, they're so Slumberhouse, it hurts!
    If you really don't like it I am sure you will have people line up to buy it! Have you worn it through the drydown?
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Lol, I'm not getting a good visual here...
    It does indeed spray on as a somewhat sticky red blotch. DO NOT SPRAY ON WHITE CLOTHES!
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Ryan, if I'm not mistaken, you tried one of the penultimate mods? This is quite a dark scent once you're through the jammy/waxy mids -- incense, woods, etc.

I didn't actually purchase a bottle of Zahd, I tested from a sample that I received from Slumberhouse. Realized it wasn't my thing and passed on a bottle instead of keeping it from those that really wanted it...I'd rather do that than have it sit in my fragrance drawer.

Anyhow, I wore the Zahd for about 9 hours, then went to the gym...so I had to scrub after 9 or 10 hours. So I guess I may have not made it through the full "life" of the fragrance. I'm not entirely sure which one of the prototypes I tried to be honest. To me it was all about cranberry, mild woods and mild dusty aspect (kind of like what's in LDDM..which I'm not a fan of either.) Very nice fragrance indeed, just not my speed. I could have used some grit in Zahd, some birch/cade/petroleum/smoky vetiver. Total a matter of my personal tastes. I totally get why people LOVE Zahd, it's an amazing fragrance.

^ yeah, it's definitely one of the more accessible ones!

I was gutted that I took a break from fragrances to come back and see I had missed out on this, very big slumberhouse fan but the fact that you are talking more about the bottle than the fragrance makes me think I might not have missed out too much especially if its comparable to rume.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

^ Few people have their bottle yet -- it just shipped. The only reason people aren't talking about the scent here yet is because many haven't tried it and it'll be landing this week. The images of the new bottle / branding were *just* released a couple of days ago.

No connection to Rume with this one -- this is a much more developed, versatile, scent. Whereas Rume was essentially a spiced floral, Zahd is more of an incense / attar composition.
    Last edited by deadidol; 20th February 2014 at 02:32 PM.

I think the people who bought Zahd unsniffed were brave and very loyal Slumberhouse supporters. I've yet to read one criticism of the scent and the bottle looks perfect for the house. Congratulations to all of you.

The Rume I have is extremely resinous and dark with undertones of spice, bay and dried fruits. The vibe given off is of some ancient mulled drink with hints of spice that somewhat lean toward potpourri. Some have made a connection to a boozy fruitcake or strange soda. Zahd is much more smooth, bright and fruity.

Rume with this one -- this is a much more developed, versatile, scent. Whereas Rume was essentially a spiced floral, Zahd is more of an incense / attar composition.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Like Deadidol said, this one is more developed than Rume. After wearing a spray one day and studying the notes I would call Zahd a very wearable gourmondish scent that is completely unisex and unique in the perfume world. Imagine tart cranberries dipped in unsweetend cocao powder and Mysore sandalwood while burning nag champa incense.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Imagine tart cranberries dipped in unsweetend cocao powder and Mysore sandalwood while burning nag champa incense.
    One of the most succinct and accurate summaries I've read!

This scent is been sold out since late last year..right!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    This scent is been sold out since late last year..right!
    Yes. It sold out in less than a day when just 125 bottles (as I remember) were offered as an in house fundraiser.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Like Deadidol said, this one is more developed than Rume. After wearing a spray one day and studying the notes I would call Zahd a very wearable gourmondish scent that is completely unisex and unique in the perfume world. Imagine tart cranberries dipped in unsweetend cocao powder and Mysore sandalwood while burning nag champa incense.
    I also agree this is an excellent assessment of the fragrance. I also THOUGHT I was getting Nag Champa, but wasn't sure until you said this.
    Last edited by cwill; 20th February 2014 at 04:48 PM.