Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 280
  1. #31
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    28,085

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Oh I didn't realize that all of the bottles were already sold. Wow. How exciting for you guys who pre-ordered a bottle.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  2. #32
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,379

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    There are bound to be some selling theirs for crazy prices.

  3. #33
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Topping this thread so impressions of Zahd can be found outside the generic Slumberhouse thread.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  4. #34
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    487

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Topping this thread so impressions of Zahd can be found outside the generic Slumberhouse thread.

    Good call.

    I haven't received my bottle yet but won't be the first to post picture once I finally do.

  5. #35
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    Good call.

    I haven't received my bottle yet but won't be the first to post picture once I finally do.
    I may be the first to get mine in the mail since I live so close. I will let you all wait in anticipation to see the new bottle as requested by Josh.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  6. #36
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    28,085

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Is the Zahd bottle the same size (ml's) as the previous ones?
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  7. #37
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    The bottle has no marbles to take up space, so 30mL fills the bottle.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  8. #38
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,379

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Pictures here post #487...

  9. #39
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    28,085

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Bottle is beautiful!
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  10. #40

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Did anyone get this yet?
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

  11. #41

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Quote Originally Posted by UngerWoo View Post
    Did anyone get this yet?
    Yes, some people have. You can find some impressions here..

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...use-Discussion

  12. #42

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Some of today's shipments are arriving too, from what I hear.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    2,494

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Got mine today. Really cool bottle. At first, I was hit by a blast of sweetness, which almost immediately dissipated. Then it started shifting into something very resinous. I do get some sandalwood, maybe some honey/beeswax, a ton of spices and some incense. I definitely won't be selling my bottle. It reminds me a bit of Rume, but this one is MUCH better. It's also instantly recognizable as a Josh Lobb fragrance. I can't imagine anybody who is a big fan of his work not enjoying this. It does go on as a big red mess, though, so I'd be cautious with clothing at first.

  14. #44
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    28,085

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Big red mess lol
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  15. #45

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    I'm a big fan of Josh's work...obviously. Surprisingly I'm not really a big fan of Zahd. I appreciate the quality of the scent, it's just not for me. I'll take Rume every day of the week given that I like the fact that it's a little dirtier and spicier and a lot more resinous. Is Zahd highest quality and most well-rounded scent Josh's ever created? Yes, definitely. Zahd just didn't move me like the others have to be honest. Just not my cup of tea, I guess I prefer my fruit a little darker, dirtier and faintly fermented. Hope all of you enjoy your bottles though, they're absolutely beautiful. The bottle design would have fit Vikt to a TEE! Definitely the best design out there right now, they're so Slumberhouse, it hurts!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Got mine today. Really cool bottle. At first, I was hit by a blast of sweetness, which almost immediately dissipated. Then it started shifting into something very resinous. I do get some sandalwood, maybe some honey/beeswax, a ton of spices and some incense. I definitely won't be selling my bottle. It reminds me a bit of Rume, but this one is MUCH better. It's also instantly recognizable as a Josh Lobb fragrance. I can't imagine anybody who is a big fan of his work not enjoying this. It does go on as a big red mess, though, so I'd be cautious with clothing at first.
    Last edited by rynegne; 18th February 2014 at 09:44 PM.

  16. #46

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Lol, I'm not getting a good visual here...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Big red mess lol

  17. #47
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I'm a big fan of Josh's work...obviously. Surprisingly I'm not really a big fan of Zahd. I appreciate the quality of the scent, it's just not for me. I'll take Rume every day of the week given that I like the fact that it's a little dirtier and spicier and a lot more resinous. Is Zahd highest quality and most well-rounded scent Josh's ever created? Yes, definitely. Zahd just didn't move me like the others have to be honest. Just not my cup of tea, I guess I prefer my fruit a little darker, dirtier and faintly fermented. Hope all of you enjoy your bottles though, they're absolutely beautiful. The bottle design would have fit Vikt to a TEE! Definitely the best design out there right now, they're so Slumberhouse, it hurts!
    If you really don't like it I am sure you will have people line up to buy it! Have you worn it through the drydown?
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  18. #48
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Lol, I'm not getting a good visual here...
    It does indeed spray on as a somewhat sticky red blotch. DO NOT SPRAY ON WHITE CLOTHES!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  19. #49

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Ryan, if I'm not mistaken, you tried one of the penultimate mods? This is quite a dark scent once you're through the jammy/waxy mids -- incense, woods, etc.

  20. #50

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    I didn't actually purchase a bottle of Zahd, I tested from a sample that I received from Slumberhouse. Realized it wasn't my thing and passed on a bottle instead of keeping it from those that really wanted it...I'd rather do that than have it sit in my fragrance drawer.

    Anyhow, I wore the Zahd for about 9 hours, then went to the gym...so I had to scrub after 9 or 10 hours. So I guess I may have not made it through the full "life" of the fragrance. I'm not entirely sure which one of the prototypes I tried to be honest. To me it was all about cranberry, mild woods and mild dusty aspect (kind of like what's in LDDM..which I'm not a fan of either.) Very nice fragrance indeed, just not my speed. I could have used some grit in Zahd, some birch/cade/petroleum/smoky vetiver. Total a matter of my personal tastes. I totally get why people LOVE Zahd, it's an amazing fragrance.

  21. #51

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    ^ yeah, it's definitely one of the more accessible ones!

  22. #52
    Super Member Osi1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    I was gutted that I took a break from fragrances to come back and see I had missed out on this, very big slumberhouse fan but the fact that you are talking more about the bottle than the fragrance makes me think I might not have missed out too much especially if its comparable to rume.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

  23. #53

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    ^ Few people have their bottle yet -- it just shipped. The only reason people aren't talking about the scent here yet is because many haven't tried it and it'll be landing this week. The images of the new bottle / branding were *just* released a couple of days ago.

    No connection to Rume with this one -- this is a much more developed, versatile, scent. Whereas Rume was essentially a spiced floral, Zahd is more of an incense / attar composition.
    Last edited by deadidol; 20th February 2014 at 02:32 PM.

  24. #54

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    I think the people who bought Zahd unsniffed were brave and very loyal Slumberhouse supporters. I've yet to read one criticism of the scent and the bottle looks perfect for the house. Congratulations to all of you.
    Currently wearing: Giselle by Carla Fracci

  25. #55

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    The Rume I have is extremely resinous and dark with undertones of spice, bay and dried fruits. The vibe given off is of some ancient mulled drink with hints of spice that somewhat lean toward potpourri. Some have made a connection to a boozy fruitcake or strange soda. Zahd is much more smooth, bright and fruity.

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Rume with this one -- this is a much more developed, versatile, scent. Whereas Rume was essentially a spiced floral, Zahd is more of an incense / attar composition.
    MadHat Scents

    Skiff (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Embers - ONLY 135ml Left (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

  26. #56
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Like Deadidol said, this one is more developed than Rume. After wearing a spray one day and studying the notes I would call Zahd a very wearable gourmondish scent that is completely unisex and unique in the perfume world. Imagine tart cranberries dipped in unsweetend cocao powder and Mysore sandalwood while burning nag champa incense.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  27. #57

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Imagine tart cranberries dipped in unsweetend cocao powder and Mysore sandalwood while burning nag champa incense.
    One of the most succinct and accurate summaries I've read!

  28. #58
    Dependent magnus611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,214

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    This scent is been sold out since late last year..right!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

  29. #59
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    This scent is been sold out since late last year..right!
    Yes. It sold out in less than a day when just 125 bottles (as I remember) were offered as an in house fundraiser.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  30. #60

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Like Deadidol said, this one is more developed than Rume. After wearing a spray one day and studying the notes I would call Zahd a very wearable gourmondish scent that is completely unisex and unique in the perfume world. Imagine tart cranberries dipped in unsweetend cocao powder and Mysore sandalwood while burning nag champa incense.
    I also agree this is an excellent assessment of the fragrance. I also THOUGHT I was getting Nag Champa, but wasn't sure until you said this.
    Last edited by cwill; 20th February 2014 at 04:48 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Slumberhouse
    By Diogenes65 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 07:44 PM
  2. Slumberhouse - Ore
    By rynegne in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th February 2013, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000