Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    My Zahd turned up today - that gromwell is crazy stuff

Having just applied some, my day has definitely improved somewhat - the red velvet pouch is a nice touch too and the bottle is so cool, a definite improvement.

All that can be said for now is.....WOW - love it & so happy to be able to sniff this stuff at last

Nice to hear you got it!

I think Zahd's great and I like it more every time I wear it.

And yes, the red velvet pouch was a cool touch.

Enjoy!

Thanks, Buysblind - it's definitely a 'one-off'

I keep all my Slumberhouse bottles on my desk in their velvet pouches, Zahd the star in its gorgeous maroon. When I'm writing they remind me excellence is possible.

DeskSlumberhouse.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    I keep all my Slumberhouse bottles on my desk in their velvet pouches, Zahd the star in its gorgeous maroon. When I'm writing they remind me excellence is possible.

DeskSlumberhouse.jpg
    Love your little turtles, too!

Well I've had Zahd for about a week, and have worn it a few times. Unfortunately, it's just not clicking with me. I believe it's the cranberry that I'm having a problem with. It's an intense red fruity note, and I find it to be extremely sweet and persistent. It's not an objectionable smell or anything, but it's not something I really want to smell like. The drydown just smells like boring old Oud to me. Some positives are that it's lasts a very long time, and it's 100% unisex (I was worried it may be too fem). I plan to keep it for a while and see if it eventually clicks with me, but as of right now, I'm disapointed. I can safely say that I definitely prefer Ore, Sova, Jeke, and Norne over Zahd. Hey, at least I'll be able to trade it for something cool!
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 8th March 2014 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Well I've had Zahd for about a week, and have worn it a few times. Unfortunately, it's just not clicking with me. I believe it's the cranberry that I'm having a problem with. It's an intense red fruity note, and I find it to be extremely sweet and persistent. It's not an objectionable smell or anything, but it's not something I really want to smell like. The drydown just smells like boring old Oud to me. Some positives are that it's lasts a very long time, and it's 100% unisex (I was worried it may be too fem). I plan to keep it for a while and see if it eventually clicks with me, but as of right now, I'm disapointed. I can safely say that I definitely prefer Ore, Sova, Jeke, and Norne over Zahd. Hey, at least I'll be able to trade it for something cool!
    Yes, the cranberry could be a make or break note for some, as it is intense and infused almost throughout the life of the fragrance to varying degrees. Sorry it is not working for you, but you should certainly be able to trade for something very nice! Hold out for a NICE trade!

Or wait a year, put it on ebay and buy a new car! (Well, an exageration but you have money in the bank.)
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

One unfortunate part about Slumberhouse is that it's pretty easy to disregard a fragrance because of a note or two, mostly because of the high concentration...the notes stick for a while, even though it's getting better now w/ the toned down extraits...at least this is my experience. I would have loved Sova and Norne if it weren't for the inclusion of a single note in each. Something didn't jive with me when I wore Zahd either, so I passed. I will admit I have not worn the sample I have since Zahd sold out. I'm afraid I might have one of those wtf was I thinking passing on this type moments and crawl into a dark hole for a while.

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Yes, the cranberry could be a make or break note for some, as it is intense and infused almost throughout the life of the fragrance to varying degrees. Sorry it is not working for you, but you should certainly be able to trade for something very nice! Hold out for a NICE trade!
    The cranberry is probably what my wife likes to much - she loves cranberry. It's also the big winner for me, along with the champaca wax or whatever is the subtle yet penetrating floral aspect.

Is there oakmoss in this thing? There is a chypre-like note that I enjoy quite a bit, too. Could be the sharp aspect of oud, though I didn't know this had any. Whatever it is, I'm glad I woke up on the right side of Zahd, so to speak.

Yes, Red, I also enjoy the cranberry note, although it is a bit intense in the opening hour or so. But I really, really like how it incorporates itself after the initial blast. Your wife has good taste

[QUOTE=

Is there oakmoss in this thing? There is a chypre-like note that I enjoy quite a bit, too. Could be the sharp aspect of oud, though I didn't know this had any. Whatever it is, I'm glad I woke up on the right side of Zahd, so to speak.[/QUOTE]

There may well be some oakmoss - it's been so very well blended, but it does seem that way to me too.
    I'm just enjoying the ride at the moment

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Yes, Red, I also enjoy the cranberry note, although it is a bit intense in the opening hour or so. But I really, really like how it incorporates itself after the initial blast. Your wife has good taste
    Thanks!

I was honestly surprised that she reacted the way she did. She's normally a fan of these really clear, transparent, soliflore or weakly floral feminines - she only likes a few "full-bodied" fragrances, and not many pure parfums. But she's also very tired of what she calls "ordinary" fragrances. For that reason, I can see her liking this.

Longevity is ridiculous. I have some on a shirt cuff, and it is approaching a week old. Despite that, it is still going strong - and the cranberry is still there. WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Love your little turtles, too!
    Thanks! They have names that all end with "dahlink." They love Slumberhouse, too, and prefer Pear + Olive since they eat pears.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Thanks! They have names that all end with "dahlink." They love Slumberhouse, too, and prefer Pear + Olive since they eat pears.
    Very cool! ^__^

I will try to find my catlinite turtle for a photo op!

Basenotes Institution

I wore it for a 2nd time today.

I find this scent very challenging. I guess that's a nice way of saying I am not liking it as much as I expected to.

I'm gonna keep trying it. But for now it's hard to describe what it is that I'm experiencing when I smell this because it's just so different from anything I've ever smelled.

Also, to be fair, I'm doing a 7 day juice cleanse and my senses are really heightened. So, I probably need to come back to this, when my diet returns to normal.

I will post one olfactory impression that popped into my head today, probably about 2-3 hours after application: root beer flavored lollipops. I mean there is a part of Zahd that, to my nose, smells JUST like root beer flavored lollipops. You know that brand Dum Dum, they have a root beer one. That smell! Seriously.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I just received my bottle today. What a lovely new presentation!

I really enjoyed the scent so far, but would say it is really quite sweet, floral and feminine on me. The incense aspect peeked out about 2.5 hours in. Stellar longevity as always with Slumberhouse.

The weather here is still quite cold, and I am wondering how the temperature has effected your wearing of the scent at all. Somehow I think warm weather is really going to make this one bloom!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wore it for a 2nd time today.

I find this scent very challenging. I guess that's a nice way of saying I am not liking it as much as I expected to.

I'm gonna keep trying it. But for now it's hard to describe what it is that I'm experiencing when I smell this because it's just so different from anything I've ever smelled.

Also, to be fair, I'm doing a 7 day juice cleanse and my senses are really heightened. So, I probably need to come back to this, when my diet returns to normal.

I will post one olfactory impression that popped into my head today, probably about 2-3 hours after application: root beer flavored lollipops. I mean there is a part of Zahd that, to my nose, smells JUST like root beer flavored lollipops. You know that brand Dum Dum, they have a root beer one. That smell! Seriously.
    I agree - it's challenging. I'm up in the air as to whether it's more or less challenging than the rest of the line, but it's definitely Slumberhouse! I find that it's growing on me.

One thing I did was use some to make an EDT out of it, by dissolving some to about 4 times the volume, using perfumer's alcohol. Even then, it behaves like a normal EDP. That brought the scent down to levels I could handle more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mimikins24 View Post
    I just received my bottle today. What a lovely new presentation!

I really enjoyed the scent so far, but would say it is really quite sweet, floral and feminine on me. The incense aspect peeked out about 2.5 hours in. Stellar longevity as always with Slumberhouse.

The weather here is still quite cold, and I am wondering how the temperature has effected your wearing of the scent at all. Somehow I think warm weather is really going to make this one bloom!
    Yes - very sweet and floral. The maltol gives it a young feel.

I almost can't imagine it during the heat! I may have to double the dilution of my EDT. Zahd Sport. Zahd Eau Fraîche. LOL!!!

I love it - the 'crushed velvet' reference seems very appropriate in view of the textures & facets & it kind of reminds me of rooms & places where much crushed velvet was worn - or the SH website pics.

Are you folks dabbing this, or spraying?
    ive been dabbing Norne and Mare

I've been spraying all of them.

sold out still?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bravacosta View Post
    sold out still?
    Probably forever. My understanding, it was a one time release.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    It was because he combined 80 different experiments for it.

Then again, I'm not a huge fan, so I may sell it.

Blog Entries

I was fortunate to receive a sample of 'Zahd'! Thank-you generous, thoughtful person! After wearing this for only 1/2 hour, I find it sweet berry tinged with incense. It has a curious familiar feel and I think it has a cola vibe. Halfway between cherry cola and root beer. It has a not unpleasant woody aspect, but I'm having issues with the berry note. Maybe in time it will grow on me. I tend not to respond well to sweet fruity scents so, we'll see how this pans out.

Blog Entries

I'm now thinking this is bears a similarity to 'Feminite du Bois'. Will have to check.

I also received a sample from a generous Basenoter! I'm favorably disposed to this one, liking the richness of the cranberry. I need to spend more time with it but I am sorry to have missed the window when it was available now. I knew I shouldn't have smelled this! And who can get past that intoxicating and luscious color. That all by itself hypnotized this red lover.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Blog Entries

I love it - the 'crushed velvet' reference seems very appropriate in view of the textures & facets & it kind of reminds me of rooms & places where much crushed velvet was worn - or the SH website pics.
    Josh is clearly a "color and texture of smells" person. I could get that velvet texture as soon as I smelled it, and the cranberry association just takes "red" out of the ballpark!

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Are you folks dabbing this, or spraying?
    ive been dabbing Norne and Mare
    I'm dabbing, but I'm very, very tempted to try some spraying.

I've been spraying all of them.
    I really think that spraying may help this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bravacosta View Post
    sold out still?
    I'm pretty sure they're all gone, but there have been several people who bought blind and are likely to sell. You've been a member here long enough to put up a "fragrances wanted" thread in the Marketplace. Here are the rules on using the marketplace, for people who want to offer to buy or sell Zahd:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/314748-

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    People should not despair. I would bet that there will be future limited editions of equally worthwhile, or even greater scents. They allow a kind of freedom of expression that I'm sure will appeal to Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    It was because he combined 80 different experiments for it.

Then again, I'm not a huge fan, so I may sell it.
    See above!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I was fortunate to receive a sample of 'Zahd'! Thank-you generous, thoughtful person! After wearing this for only 1/2 hour, I find it sweet berry tinged with incense. It has a curious familiar feel and I think it has a cola vibe. Halfway between cherry cola and root beer. It has a not unpleasant woody aspect, but I'm having issues with the berry note. Maybe in time it will grow on me. I tend not to respond well to sweet fruity scents so, we'll see how this pans out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I'm now thinking this is bears a similarity to 'Feminite du Bois'. Will have to check.
    Fascinating! I'm really interested to sniff that one now!

That cola vibe - that matches up with the folks who smelled cough syrup. I'm old enough to remember coke syrup pharmaceuticals in my youth, which are a cross between cherry cough syrup and a bottle of Coke®. The tricks they used on us kids! But in that respect, the first scent I think of is Lubin Bluff, which is an amazing fragrance with an "old, historical" patent medicine vibe!

Yes - the berry note is powerful stuff. I'm torn between loving it and being annoyed by the strength. I did like my dilution to 1/4 strength - I may try 1/8 next. If you have some perfumer's alcohol or grain alcohol, you could try that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I also received a sample from a generous Basenoter! I'm favorably disposed to this one, liking the richness of the cranberry. I need to spend more time with it but I am sorry to have missed the window when it was available now. I knew I shouldn't have smelled this! And who can get past that intoxicating and luscious color. That all by itself hypnotized this red lover.
    Keep your eyes open - I suspect that there may be some bottles trading hands during the next few months. I agree that it is luscious. One of the richest fragrances, and possibly THE richest fragrance, I have ever smelled. Truly unique - though I think that can be said for anything from this house.

I really like the floral aspects, underneath the intense fruity stuff. The opening, before the incense breaks out, it truly extraordinary to me.

A Zahd angel visited me, as well. Thank you, based Zahd!

I haven't given it a full wearing yet, just dabbed a little on my hand last night. I'll give a fuller report once I've spent some time with it and given it a full wearing or two from a spray vial.

First impression is the CRANBERRY and lots of it. Very strong and sweet, and I found it challenging; it's nothing like anything I wear or have smelled, for that matter. It was cloying for me.

Things got more interesting after a while as the more volatile notes burned off. Here I suddenly had an olfactory memory triggered; I was taken back to a head shop I used to visit in my teen years. I don't want to say how long ago that was, but I'll just say Mysore sandalwood was probably abundantly available and present. But I wasn't getting just sandalwood; there was myrrh there, too, and I also distinctly recalled the watermelon incense sold in that store. Not sure what triggers the watermelon, maybe the champaca wax?

My exploration was cut a little short as I needed to wash the dinner dishes, and most of my dab washed off, too. I'll have to find out later what happens in a longer and more natural progression. To be continued...
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Smile Re: Slumberhouse Zahd

@Red - you seriously need to spray Zahd in order to appreciate all of it's qualities
    Last edited by lpp; 15th March 2014 at 08:12 AM.

I planned to wear Mare again today; it has become my dark horse scent for Spring.
    BUT, I lucked into a pinch of Zahd, and so am doing Zahd today,Mare tomorrow.
    Can't wait to try the Z!

Initial impressions, an hour in: cherry, cocoa, sandalwood and myrrh. And some of that honey/hay you get with Sova. That's what my nose says, and its probably wrong. Enjoying though.

A very nice BNer(thanks Jive) sent me a generous sample of Zahd. I have given it three full wearings and unfortunately its a pass from me. Im not good at note-picking but the scent is very cloying(sweet). Agree that it does give off a cherry coke/cherry lollipop vibe with coffee and smoke. Slumberhouse has produced some very good scents but, to me, this is not one of them.

Regards Rex

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I am wearing this as my SotD (courtesy of an amazing B'ner named PalmBeach) and it is quite potent! 1/2 spray to the chest and 1 two the wrist, tapped both wrists together, and then tapped them to the pulse points behind the ear. It is 27 degrees and this stuff is slicing through the cold like the glaive ran through the beast! Sweet, incensey goodness so far!
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Aqua di Parma Colonia Leather

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    I am wearing this as my SotD (courtesy of an amazing B'ner named PalmBeach) and it is quite potent! 1/2 spray to the chest and 1 two the wrist, tapped both wrists together, and then tapped them to the pulse points behind the ear. It is 27 degrees and this stuff is slicing through the cold like the glaive ran through the beast! Sweet, incensey goodness so far!
    I can totally see this. Zahd is powerful stuff! And so different - just mind-blowing. I've been having to take a mainstream break the last few days to get my head back in one piece. A little Macy's therapy.

I gave Zahd a more typical wearing today, two sprays from a small atomizer vial. I got a completely different opening than when I dabbed it on my hand. Then, it was super-concentrated sugary cranberry with some myrrh and sandalwood under; today it went on as intense chocolate with cherry syrup, like one of those filled chocolate candies. To my surprise, my wife read it as incense and licorice. We both found it overpowering at first.

I anticipated a lessening of the sweetness and more wood and incense as the day wore on. That happened a little bit, but it's been about 14 hours now, and cranberry sugar has been dominant most of the day.

I think I'd like to try wearing just one tiny spray from the vial, or maybe diluting it some as Red suggested, although I generally feel it's the perfumer's job to provide the desired concentration. ;D But truth be told, this really has not endeared itself to me enough that I am looking forward to the next wearing. It's well into gourmand territory, too much so for me to enjoy.

I'm glad I got to try it, I feel very fortunate. And there's another thing I like. I've read a couple of comments to the effect that Zahd represents a more balanced and user-friendly approach than previous SH offerings. I don't find that; I am happy that this is just as heavy and weird as anything I've tried from the house to date. It's just not my style. I look forward to seeing what the next SH adventure will be.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I wore Zahd yesterday on a warm, sunny day and thoroughly enjoyed the 'fusion' of the attar with the other ingredients in this one.

Normally, 'sweet' scents totally put me off (and so does 'fruity') but the sweetness in this doesn't annoy me at all because it's tempered by the other aspects and seems to become a part of the general overall experience so it's not intrusive to me.

I sampled a more traditionally composed recent 'exotic' scent over the weekend and it was way too sweet to be considered further.

I'm massively impressed by the way in which Zahd has been blended to produce something so unusual and unique (and do rather wish that the bottles had been larger).
    Last edited by lpp; 18th March 2014 at 09:34 AM.

I wore Zahd yesterday on a warm, sunny day and thoroughly enjoyed the 'fusion' of the attar with the other ingredients in this one.

Normally, 'sweet' scents totally put me off (and so does 'fruity') but the sweetness in this doesn't annoy me at all because it's tempered by the other aspects and seems to become a part of the general overall experience so it's not intrusive to me.

I sampled a more traditionally composed recent 'exotic' scent over the weekend and it was way too sweet to be considered further.

I'm massively impressed by the way in which Zahd has been blended to produce something so unusual and unique (and do rather wish that the bottles had been larger).
    agree. It shouldn't work for me, but in fact it won me over.

I'd never gone anywhere near cocoa until Ore either

Basenotes Plus

The reports are intriguing, and so is Slumberhouse in general. Going to have to get some samples of this in the near future. Zahd sounds like something I would wear!

Quote Originally Posted by stargarden View Post
    The reports are intriguing, and so is Slumberhouse in general. Going to have to get some samples of this in the near future. Zahd sounds like something I would wear!
    Zahd was a limited release and is not in production, although some bottles may be listed for re-sale (in the Marketplace here, for example) in the future.

Samples of some of the others are available via Indiescents and possibly elsewhere.

I lucked into a bottle of Zahd, from a fellow BN'er. Sprayed 1 half-ish shot to the nape of my neck this morning (not working on Sunday) and have been in a cherry, dusty myrrh & wood cloud all day. In short, it's stunning.

Great capper to an all Slumberhouse weekend. Mare Saturday; Jeke for Saturday night out (went all night into Sunday morning) and then Zahd. Wow!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    I lucked into a bottle of Zahd, from a fellow BN'er. Sprayed 1 half-ish shot to the nape of my neck this morning (not working on Sunday) and have been in a cherry, dusty myrrh & wood cloud all day. In short, it's stunning.

Great capper to an all Slumberhouse weekend. Mare Saturday; Jeke for Saturday night out (went all night into Sunday morning) and then Zahd. Wow!
    Unique, isn't it? Zahd is very "Slumberhouse", but it is certainly one of a kind.

You smell fantastic James!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

I got my bottle but I think I'm just not a cranberry person. Shall be selling/swapping mine.

Mine is out for delivery! Well, it got caught up in a 'hold mail' fiasco, but I'm expecting to collect it tomorrow. I am sooooo happy to have been able to acquire this one. I want to play with it, ala RP and try a bit diluted in some perfumer's alcohol. Stretching it seems like a good idea.

I noticed that sometimes the cranberry facet comes out with a bang--tart and powerful--while other times the fragrance opens with more of a gourmand, cherry cordial smell. In the latter instance the cranberry emerges later, more softly. I prefer this opening to the former.

Default Slumberhouse Zahd

I'm very glad so many of you are finding Zahd so excellent, it seems some of you love it as much as I passionately love Norne. I have to ask a question though, and please believe me I don't mean it in an offensive way at all.......but for those of you diluting it, I am screaming at myself, "Am I in the Twilight Zone???" I'm giving it my lone full wearing today, and quite frankly, it's been pretty damn difficult to detect. At all. And I'm just at a loss on why anyone would think it needed weakened. I love Josh and his fearless creativity, but the fact that Zahd sits so very close to my skin has me wondering if you've gone a bit mad. Again, I'm actually smiling when I write this, I'm really just incredibly curious, not being insulting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that it wore fairly close to the skin the first time of wearing - on exiting & returning to the room that was proven not to be the case

Diluting it is not something that has occurred to me as it seems so beautiful the way that it was made but I guess that everyone has different ideas.

I am not sure I would want to dilute Zahd but I might try with a tiny bit. This one lasts a long time and one spray or a partial spray is enough for me. Will be interested to see how it works for others that might try.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I don't find it to be undetectable by any means Markc, but it certainly does wear close to the skin. In my mind, the benefit of diluting would be to more effective spray it over a larger area. As it is, is sprays in sort of a red splotch, not really spreading. When I use it this way, I rub it over the area, but a dilution would allow me to skip that step. at least I imagine it would.

Right now, I'm spraying from a tiny Nordstrom style atomizer so I think one spray is not equivalent to a spray from the bottle would be. At that rate, I'm using three sprays today and am experiencing a soft cloud.

I'm about to go out for a brisk walk, will be interesting to see what the result is on a warm, glistening body.

I'm not sure the concentration of Zahd, but I'm guessing it's well over 30%. Keep that in mind as well...fragrances with super high concentrations are heavier and will sometimes sit closer to the skin.

If you chose to dilute, I'd urge you to let it sit for a while...like a month or so.
    Last edited by rynegne; 7th April 2014 at 06:57 PM.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Thanks for the replies, and for understanding I meant no offense or harm.

I am still in that minority though who can't see the positives for subtle fragrances. And I don't mean to single out Zahd, which seems pleasant enough, which for me is saying a lot because I don't usually do anything but dislike berry scented fragrances. To me again, I just am of the opinion that if there are lotions out there that project more off the skin for $5, why spend over $100? Don't mind me, I'm just grumbling to myself hahaha.

Grumble away

Grumble away
    Hahaha thanks.

And to also add in defense of Zahd, I had merely 4 sprays left to apply, which is a little short of my normal application. I did 2 to the chest, 2 to my arm.

O.K.....that's a bit more than me & it's still nicely present since this morning

I don't have any trouble knowing it's there & often do with many these days.
    Last edited by lpp; 7th April 2014 at 08:06 PM.

I agree and disagree with this...the Slumberhouse EdP's definitely jumped off of the skin in comparison to the newer extraits. But, many the EdP's were deemed unwearable by many because they were so strong and tenacious. The end result of the Slumberhouse extraits is a much more appealing and wearable product. Additionally, the newer stuff is much smoother and more well rounded...and in some cases they're different fragrance entirely (Vikt.) So I guess it's a little difficult to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I am still in that minority though who can't see the positives for subtle fragrances. And I don't mean to single out Zahd, which seems pleasant enough, which for me is saying a lot because I don't usually do anything but dislike berry scented fragrances. To me again, I just am of the opinion that if there are lotions out there that project more off the skin for $5, why spend over $100? Don't mind me, I'm just grumbling to myself hahaha.

I actually think the concentration is closer to 40% if I remember right.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Just a quick point as I'm on the go here. Sillage and projection are going to be low for most wearers as the concentration is so high (it's closer to 40% than 30%). With such high concentrations and less alcohol to burn off, you get a scent that sits close to the wearer and is very intimate and encompassing. That's part of the design, so it not just isolated to you
    Yup.

What does that concentration percentage actually mean? I just this morning read that Santa Maria Novella colognes are all 3%. And some of them jump off the skin and project like crazy. If they are 3% concentration, does that mean it's 97% alcohol??

3% does indeed mean 97% alcohol to 3% oils. 40% in Zahd is the amount of oils to 60% alcohol. Deadidol has a good explanation of why there's not as much sillage/projection.

"Just a quick point as I'm on the go here. Sillage and projection are going to be low for most wearers as the concentration is so high (it's closer to 40% than 30%). With such high concentrations and less alcohol to burn off, you get a scent that sits close to the wearer and is very intimate and encompassing." - Deadidol

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    What does that concentration percentage actually mean? I just this morning read that Santa Maria Novella colognes are all 3%. And some of them jump off the skin and project like crazy. If they are 3% concentration, does that mean it's 97% alcohol??

Last edited by rynegne; 7th April 2014 at 09:22 PM.