Code of Conduct

Default Let's predict the next big note(s) that will shake the foundation of the fragrance community...

Here are some of my ideas:

1. Buttered Popcorn (what you smell at the movie theater)
    2. Pizza sauce with peperoni and mozzarella cheese (I love pizza)
    3. Bacon (who doesn't love the smell of bacon frying in the pan on a Sunday morning right before college football)
    4. The Brand new smell of college textbooks (not sure what that is, but it's awesome!!)

Hahaha, I know it sounds ridiculous, but lets' think "out of the box" throw ideas against the wall and see what happens, we may get an idea that sticks!

Default Re: Let's predict the next big note(s) that will shake the foundation of the fragrance community...

Dirt or earth combined with green notes?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Let's predict the next big note(s) that will shake the foundation of the fragrance community...

BBQ- Who doesn't like good ole BBQ- Besides vegitarians..
    Moth Balls- Grannies all over would buy this!!
    Gravy- good ole country style..
    Flesh- for all the weirdos!!

Blog Entries

Buchu and rice
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Quote Originally Posted by jst315 View Post
    Bacon (who doesn't love the smell of bacon frying in the pan on a Sunday morning right before college football)
    Now this suggestion I like!
    (1701)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

#2 has been done, it didn't catch on.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mimielle View Post
    Buchu and rice
    Had no idea what buchu was. Had to look it up - learned something new!
    (1702)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Lol! Yeah hednic, me too! Hopefully Bond #09 is listening and will come up with something... New Harlem Intense... Hahahaha!

Cilantro

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    #2 has been done, it didn't catch on.

image.jpg
    Yeah, I gotta get my hands on that, one of my friends is a exec at Pizza Hut, maybe he can get me some I heard it doesn't really smell like pizza though, more or less like the cardboard boxes they come in...

BBQ +1

Puppy breath
    Gasoline
    Money
    Sour Cream
    Butter
    Paprika
    Oats
    High Fructose Corn Syrup
    Wasabi
    Sushi

Kidding on some of those, of course.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I'm intrigued by the idea of #4. I've always loved the smell of libraries and books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by le27279 View Post
    I'm intrigued by the idea of #4. I've always loved the smell of libraries and books.
    'old book' smell is stored lignin in paper which has similarities to vanilla. I learned this a couple of years ago...
    http://www.itsokaytobesmart.com/post...the-stuff-that
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Blog Entries

Yeah, I gotta get my hands on that, one of my friends is a exec at Pizza Hut, maybe he can get me some I heard it doesn't really smell like pizza though, more or less like the cardboard boxes they come in...
    There's this...
    http://www.demeterfragrance.com/7733...cts/Pizza.html
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Sushi
    http://www.demeterfragrance.com/5808...nts/Sushi.html
    I'd actually like to smell this one.
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Mimielle, I had no idea about that one!.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Seeds such as acorns, almonds, rice and wattle.

Grilled Chicken

3. Bacon (who doesn't love the smell of bacon frying in the pan on a Sunday morning right before college football)
    4. The Brand new smell of college textbooks (not sure what that is, but it's awesome!!)

Hahaha, I know it sounds ridiculous, but lets' think "out of the box" throw ideas against the wall and see what happens, we may get an idea that sticks!
    better than oud and vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Cilantro
    I doubt these have real Cilantro in them...
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/J...ndre-3466.html
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26137884.html

I think I'll stick to the tried & tested - can't stand too much food smells...Next buying venture will be back to pure oud oils (& hopefully some pure SW oil too).

How about scents from typical dishes from different nations...enchilada, Cornbeef and cabbage, Vegetables rolled up with rice and meat in a grape leafs or cabbage leafs drape in lemon sauce and a touch of spices.....How about Crustaceans ...per say, Lobster drizzled in garlic with crab meat undertones in the background drip on with butter and lemon juice with red wine as a dry down.....love it....lol
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Blog Entries

l'm pretty sure these have all been done.

Buttered popcorn; see Le Fin du Monde by ELd'O.

Books; see ln the Library by CB I Hate Perfume.

Bacon; see this! www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Bacon/Bacon-Classic-14073.html
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Sushi is a bit of a broad category, but I'd love to smell a nori fragrance. I wouldn't be surprised if one exists.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Top Note of Despair
    Middle Notes of Anger and Disillusionment
    Base Notes of Bankruptcy and feelings of having been robbed

For #4 there was also "Paper Passion" (Steidl) - which was supposed to smell like books - but smells more like the glue that binds the books. Nice attempt at something, but failed very badly at smelling like books. Or anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    Sushi is a bit of a broad category, but I'd love to smell a nori fragrance. I wouldn't be surprised if one exists.
    I think a roast/dried nori note could actually work well, but maybe not as a main player.

I'd like to see someone like CdG do a scent that smells of hoji tea roasting.

As for the next thing to rock the fragrance world, I get the impression that it will be driven by developments by the big aromachemical companies, such as the discovery of new compounds or cheaper/more efficient ways of making compounds that were previously cost prohibitive and therefore not widely used.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    I think I'll stick to the tried & tested - can't stand too much food smells...
    Have to agree there. I like to eat food and wear perfume. Hate wearing food.

Like many, I love the smell of books (all kinds of books, and from different regions too), but I'm sure the fragrance developers will come up with other crazy ideas. They've already commercialized the new car smell and the clean hotel smell, haven't they? Are they working on new gadget smell yet?

M7 sort of started the oud craze, but another ingredient was in there that should be explored more too. Mandrake root.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

!

Just posted reviews of several Demeters. Turns out they're already doing a lot of this, including pizza: http://www.demeterfragrance.com/7733...cts/Pizza.html

Acai

Mate leaves with citrus and mint

More unisex to masculine melon centered scents for the summertime
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

I think pineapple will still be big for another year or two, as the "me too" crowd will continue to try to imitate / copy Creed.

I also think mango is an under-abused note. Perhaps the next wave of summer fragrances will try to capture it as well as was done in Bombay Bling.

The very idea of it puts me off

I personally think the development of oud notes in fragrances has just begun and we are in for a whole new wave of oud influenced scents that won't have the bold gruff of earlier fragrance ntoes.

As far as all new scent note ideas, I would like to see:

volcanic sunburst essence
    blue flame ice
    gaia rebirthing essence
    moon rock musk

I like elemental mystic magic as a theme for new note development . . .

My son wants me to get the Demeter Pizza, not to excited myself
    Gasoline though, Love the smell of gasoline! I have a feeling most people would intintively wrinkle their noses

I would love rainy soil - the type of mud with clay in it!!

Or soil of wet forest - wild mushrooms and green moss

So far something nicely-messy-weird to me is Narciso Rodriguez For Him and Perles De Lalique

One is like asphalt, another - basement with mold. Love them)
    Last edited by Lyuba; 20th December 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Flavored Cigaret Smoke

There will come a day when the smell of cigarets will be almost forgotten and exotic

Flavored with chocolate, clove, mint .... Menthol!!!

Ongoing exploration with synthetics - except they will represent natural smells

Cool rain on a hot summers day asphalt

The ozonic smell in the air as a rain storm comes in

The cold clear fresh smell of a -10 degree winters day as a clipper comes through !

Flavored with chocolate, clove, mint .... Menthol!!!

I think alcohol will be there...
    But not the way how it is in Mugler's ones(((

But like in Fou d`Absinthe L`Artisan Parfumeur

Even more unusual gourmand notes like, for instance: champagne, peaty whisky, pizza/pasta seasoning (though some of it may have been done already)
    The return of civet and other musky-leathery animalic notes
    Perhaps less common woody essences (sure, there is sandalwood and cedar among others, but possibly rarer, more exclusive, more exotic essences)
    A possible revival of barbershop-style notes and/or fragrances, way beyond the comparatively popular Rive Gauche PH

These would be some of my first approximate, very sketchy estimations of possible notes that might become the next big thing, but my bet is still far from a safe one and the list far from complete.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l'm pretty sure these have all been done.

Buttered popcorn; see Le Fin du Monde by ELd'O.
    ... and Hollywood for Men by Fred Hayman
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)