Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Women's perfume (Roses & Vanilla) with longest-lasting-sillage

Hi I'm looking to buy a perfume for my ahem 'female friend' & I'm looking for one that smells floral, mainly roses, with a noticable vanilla scent in the background It needs to last well over 10 hours and still have at least moderate sillage after that 10 hours. I'm not aiming for projection, just pure sillage, to leave scent trails. In my opinion sillage is superior to projection since when you move the air around you moves away from you and carries the scent along with it, and if it's got great sillage it'll spread & stay wherever the scent travels

Plainly aiming for one that smells like a flowerbed with a vanilla hint, but not an unusual one that might be somewhat offensive or unpleasant to some people, should be one that smells pleasant to most. One that's well known for it's performance by many would be great, along with a merciful price

Looking for one produced somewhat new or at least past the year 2000 since I'm afraid of reformulation problems if I buy older ones. Because reformulations cause wars & famine of course And again, projection is out of the question here, only want one that lasts over 10 hours with long lasting sillage.

peace

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Women's perfume (Roses & Vanilla) with longest-lasting-sillage

Rochas Tocade?

Post Thanks / Like

Check into the Juliet Has a Gun line of fragrance. They have many contemporary takes on rose with oomph!

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend Paco Rabanne Calandre. Creamy rose. It's been around since 1969, but so far has survived very well. Difficult to find in the US though, but it is regularly sold in France.

The niche line Parfums de Rosine has roses in all their possible variation, so there's certainly a vanilla rose as well, but I don't know which one.

cacio

Vive la Mariée by Parfums de Rosine.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Annick Goutal Rose Splendide though I don't know about 10-hour requirement.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Twolf, if you want longevity go with Rochas Tocade. Rose and vanilla and lasts a long time. Or you could try Jo Malones Rose Water & Vanilla, it's very nice but doesn't last quite as long.

Roses Vanille by Mancera is a great one too,huge long lasting fume with, ofcourse, roses and vanilla,and some smoky cedar.

I would love to find a scent as you described, a bed of roses with vanilla in the background. I haven't really found any that smells exactly like that, but some I have found that are somewhat close are:

MOR Marshmallow: This has roses and vanilla, but also quite a lot of musk (white musk). I love it, but then I love musk.

Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir: Roses and vanilla, but also quite a lot of honeyed almond. Lovely (and sweet). This will give you sillage and longevity plus some (but unfortunately it's not exactly wallet-friendly).

Parfums de Rosine Rose Kashmirie: Roses and vanilla, and some powder and spices, but sillage and longevity are not great.

YSL Paris EDP: Well, it's Paris I think the EDP has more of a honeyed rose aspect than the EDT, with a hint of vanilla.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really love Neil Morris Vanille Rosé (http://neilmorrisfragrances.com/vault_page5.html). This is very prominent on both of the two notes you desire, and also has a very interesting "library" vibe, thanks to the vanilla, which is produced by old books, and the musty side of the moist, humid rose. I wear it myself, occasionally. Strong stuff - Neil does parfum strength, as well as EDP, so it's going to last a LONG time. Definitely worth a sample. I also think this fragrance is oddly sexy, in a Victorian way. It has a retro vibe, and very girly, but not dainty. "Unisex" by our standards - I wore it to work for a while. Also, Neil is indie, so I don't THINK that he's constrained by IFRA, but even if he is, he makes very strong stuff - VERY strong. On second thought, scratch any idea that this is IFRA-faded INFRA-juice. NO WAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Rochas Tocade +1