Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Article: Sandalwood Dreams, Part 8: Uses and Markets + Sandalwood Oil Giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by elve View Post
    I had no idea that they use santalum alba roots to make oil. plus many other things. I'm glad to participate :)
    An elf! Hello Elve, you just missed the draw. The root oil was news to me too. All I can do now is wish you a Happy 2014 and hope you do not miss any other treats this year!

Default Re: Article: Sandalwood Dreams, Part 8: Uses and Markets + Sandalwood Oil Giveaway

Man I love the new basenotes --- I hope I win...one thing I learned is that over the past 15 years the price has increased on a compound basis by 16 % per annum.
    Thanks for the opportunity and great article series. I love you guys!
    Oh well I missed the draw too -- congrats to the winners. Gotta pay more attention dammit lol.
    Last edited by surge; 3rd January 2014 at 08:35 PM.

Basenotes Plus

The results of the draw have been announced here
    http://www.basenotes.net/content/191...ift-Recipients
    Last edited by lpp; 3rd January 2014 at 08:29 PM.

Default Re: Article: Sandalwood Dreams, Part 8: Uses and Markets

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Interesting that different batches of oils are blended together for a more consistent odour profile. I thought they'd just blend everything together. Does this mean that some amount of oil is left behind?

Also, I wonder if any of the Australian Santalum Album trees will be allowed to reach their full maturity before being harvested? Maybe this way they could offer a superior grade of oil in addition to the regular one (assuming an older tree would give a superior oil - maybe not?).
    Hello again Renegade,

Santalum album or in this case Australian album oil is very stable - eg. its composition does not vary significantly from batch to batch however as a natural product, some variation does occur. The blending allows TFS to match a customers' previous order as closely as possible. The blending also achieves a more consistent product like champagne etc. If an oil was "out of whack' then it would be blended up or down for consistency.

+ Reply to Thread