Code of Conduct

Default DIOR HOMME INTENSE: updates (new batch)

Hi all BNoters,
    since I'm in France, this afternoon I entered in a Dior boutique, where I find on the shelves both Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense testers, just arrived, unboxed, batched 3X02 (October 2013).
    I was a bit perplexed: the Homme Intense juice seemed significantly lighter than the Homme.
    I asked permission to shot a few pictures with a whiter background, a neutral, and a darker background.
    Dior Homme Intense appears very clear, almost transparent.

http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...e-updates.html

blackfoto2013 1507.jpg
    Last edited by Andr Moreau; 18th December 2013 at 09:15 PM.

Default Re: DIOR HOMME INTENSE: updates (new batch)

Quote Originally Posted by Andr Moreau View Post
    I asked permission to shot a few pictures with a whiter background, a neutral, and a darker background.
    It surely used to be more amber colored before... nearly brown.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

interesting... Good catch Andr! A definite reformulation, they probably replaced a natural ingredient with a synthetic.... which might explain the change in color.

So... what's the damage, one wonders? I personally have enough of this beauty to last me a lifetime, but I am nonetheless curious...

I'm wondering if it's the bottle and not the juice. The bottle looks different in color than the one I have (referring to the DHI.) My bottle is considerably darker.

Dependent

what stores carry this? I keep hearing good thing about this. I need to buy it

Dior Homme, go to any Sephora. Dior Homme Intense, you have to buy via Dior Boutiques or online retail outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Dior Homme, go to any Sephora. Dior Homme Intense, you have to buy via Dior Boutiques or online retail outlets.
    I think I missed the boat. I only see dior sport

http://www.sephora.com/dior-homme-P168103

I think I missed the boat. I only see dior sport

For Dior Homme Intense, have to go to the Dior brick and mortar boutique or go blind through Strawberry net. Obviously you can try Dior Homme in your local Sephora.

I would think that the color wouldn't matter that much as long as the smell of the scent hadn't significantly changed. Thanks for the update and the photos.
    (1779)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Dior Homme Intense is everywhere here in the UK. I got it at Debenhams.

I still don't understand the scent with all that powdery lipstick accord going on, but it does smell quality and there's lots going on. I only reach for it because my girlfriend goes mad over it. Literally. No other scent has got me compliments from her so many times.

Sent from my HTC One

Banned
    Blog Entries

If the color changed I would imagine the scent changed..
    I'm good with my 2 bottles..

Its a nice scent but I still like the original EDT, I dont like the cupcake accord in Dior Homme Intense.
    I am guessing its another reformulation.
    The original EDP is much better than the current EDP IMO though, the Iris balanced the Cocoa .
    Last edited by vinramani09; 19th December 2013 at 01:35 AM.

These two are magnificent scents...DHI for fall/winter....DH for Spring/Summer
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Keep an eye on Fragrancenet. I just received mine yesterday from them after waiting for their "back in stock" email. If you go to Fragrancenet.com, look for Dior Homme Intense and sign up for "notify me when back in stock".

I'm thinking of bind-buying DHI. Two questions:

1. If I have (and enjoy) Midnight In Paris (EDP) and Dior Homme Sport (2012...I know they differ substantially but I do like the iris in it), do you think I'd like DHI?
    2. Are Midnight in Paris and DHI similar (in terms of style, scent, and uses)? I already own Armani Code which has the powdery, leather night frag dept covered and don't want to add a frag to my collection that is too similar to what I already own.

Thanks...
    Last edited by thehighend; 19th December 2013 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thehighend View Post

1. If I have (and enjoy) Midnight In Paris (EDP) and Dior Homme Sport (2012...I know they differ substantially but I do like the iris in it), do you think I'd like DHI?
    My bet is that you would like it.
    (1795)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My bet is that you would like it.
    (1795)
    Thanks, Hednic. Do you think they overlap in terms of style and occasions they are most appropriate for?

Thanks, Hednic. Do you think they overlap in terms of style and occasions they are most appropriate for?
    I can't really speak to that as I personally don't choose my scents according to the occasion. Others might better answer that.
    (1796)

Banned
    Blog Entries

DHI is a deep and intense scent best for nights..
    I believe Code and MIP are a bit softer and can be worn daily..

DHI has a Dreamer-D&G PH-LIDGE vibe..
    if YOU LIKE THOSE 3 YOU SHOULD LIKE dhi

Quote Originally Posted by Andr Moreau View Post
    Hi all BNoters,
    since I'm in France, this afternoon I entered in a Dior boutique, where I find on the shelves both Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense testers, just arrived, unboxed, batched 3X02 (October 2013).
    I was a bit perplexed: the Homme Intense juice seemed significantly lighter than the Homme.

http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...e-updates.html

blackfoto2013 1507.jpg
    Interesting but how does it smell?

I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    These two are magnificent scents...DHI for fall/winter....DH for Spring/Summer

Merci Beaucoup for the live in Paris Update , Andr !

Will be waiting for your test on this latest 2013 batch to see if there are noticeable changes other than visual.

2. Are Midnight in Paris and DHI similar (in terms of style, scent, and uses)? I already own Armani Code which has the powdery, leather night frag dept covered and don't want to add a frag to my collection that is too similar to what I already own.

Thanks...
    IMO DHI definately offers something MIP doesn't. However, Armani Code doesn't. I used to own Armani Code until I bought MIP and then sold it. MIP is just a much better, more complex, higher quality Armani Code; so if I were you I would sell the Code and buy DHI.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman