Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Apple Brandy By Kilian..

It's in the directory now..
    Has anyone tried it?
    An Oriental with notes of Oak-labdanum-cedar-vanilla and of course you know the other 2..

The problems I have with Kilian is that majority are so linear..
    Almost skin scents after 2 hours..
    A few reviews on Fragrantica says it's true with this also but in a good way..

Just out of curiousity I checked in with Lucky Scent..
    I typed in apple brandy and got 1 result..

Le Tabac Parfum Extrait by L'Antichambre
    Candied apple-rose-patchouli-tobacco

Any comparisons
    Your thoughts
    Last edited by Tony T; 19th December 2013 at 02:08 AM.

Default Re: Apple Brandy By Kilian..

Apple Brandy? Okay, this has my attention.

Will need to try this one also. Perhaps on my next hop to NY.
    (1787)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

This sounds like it might be a winner. I'm a big fan of the house, and the notes of this one sound very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    The problems I have with Kilian is that majority are so linear..
    Almost skin scents after 2 hours..
    I do think many are pretty linear, but I have no problem with that in a fragrance. As far as longevity, they all last a long time on me (8+ hours). Possibly the rumors are true and these have all been reformulated.

I tried looking for this a few days ago. Does anyone know if it'll be available in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    I tried looking for this a few days ago. Does anyone know if it'll be available in the US?
    Supposedly it's available at the new Kilian boutique in NYC which opened on December 11th. Try calling it and see if they can send it out.
    (1793)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

What imma have to check I out, when I have time ...it's around my way....Eventhough Straight to heaven is the only one in this house, I admire : the rest of the line for me personally are not fb worthy ...IMHO
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Supposedly it's available at the new Kilian boutique in NYC which opened on December 11th. Try calling it and see if they can send it out.
    (1793)
    Excellent. Thanks hednic. Hopefully one of the sample sites will get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    Excellent. Thanks hednic. Hopefully one of the sample sites will get it eventually.
    You can buy a sample here:

https://www.bykilian.com/en/shop/

> Your Discovery Selection
    > Your Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    You can buy a sample here:

https://www.bykilian.com/en/shop/

> Your Discovery Selection
    > Your Selection
    That's the european store. The US store (https://www.bykilian.com/us/shop/) doesn't seem to have a sample service. Maybe calling the NY store to ask about samples might be the best.

I noticed the the US web store has the middle-east exclusive ouds, too. If I can sample those as well I'd be a happy camper.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    What imma have to check I out, when I have time ...it's around my way....Eventhough Straight to heaven is the only one in this house, I admire : the rest of the line for me personally are not fb worthy ...IMHO
    The cedar is too subtle for me..
    I like it but it should be more pronounced

I can't wait to try this one as the notes sound wonderful, hopefully it arrives at the sample sites soon.

Apple and Brandy? I'm intrigued!

Sounds promising. Thanks Tony.

That sounds quite interesting. Also, there's one called "Vodka on the Rocks" listed in the drop down list on this page: https://www.bykilian.com/en/shop/votre-selection.php A quick search has someone mentioning it is available only at the Kilian Moscow boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    That sounds quite interesting. Also, there's one called "Vodka on the Rocks" listed in the drop down list on this page: https://www.bykilian.com/en/shop/votre-selection.php A quick search has someone mentioning it is available only at the Kilian Moscow boutique.
    The Moscow boutique was apparently made for a certain type of clientele:

"Our first store is outside of Moscow at Crocus City Mall, but it was opened by one of our distributors. In terms of distribution and sales it’s huge for us. The perfumes are sold for twice the price! Russians love luxury, and a lot of them have the money to pay for it. The mall is 30 minutes outside of the city, and there are all these beautiful fashion stores and restaurants, but it’s dead. The thing about this mall is that there's a helipad—people take their private helicopters to do their private shopping at the mall, because it’s easier than going to the main city of Moscow. We actually had to get a money counter, because of all of the cash that was coming in. The Russians are wonderful people who love our perfume—and we love them for loving our perfume!"

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/the-...st-us-boutique

Think I'm going to get the 5 samples. Apple Brandy sounds pretty good.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The Russians splurge twice for By Kilian's-I would have never guessed
    Thx NYCBoomBoom

I'm going in this weekend to the NY boutique, been waiting to hear word that it opened. Been looking forward to Apple Brandy, sounds right up my alley. it does not seem available at the refillable 135 price point yet, hopefully they'll come out with that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    I'm going in this weekend to the NY boutique, been waiting to hear word that it opened.
    Let us know what it's like.
    (1812)

(1812)
    Oh for sure!

I also wanted to add, I'm extremely pleased they didn't price this one too high! My fear with the NYC exclusive was that it was going to be outrageously expensive. It's the same as their normal line, $235. Excellent news

(1812)
    Hednic - what are the numbers that are always at the bottom of your posts?

Apple & Brandy? Interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post

Apple & Brandy? Interested!
    Just an internal memo for myself. Back on track - Also interested in smelling this one.

(1846)
    Last edited by hednic; 20th December 2013 at 03:23 AM.

!
    Internal memo lol...it's his post count since the change back to vbulletin.

This one's exclusive to the NYC boutique, as is Black Oud, apparently.

On first spray it smells more like apple juice mixed with brandy. Dry down i smell vanilla, slight cedar. The booze note is the strongest in this piece. I like it.
    Last edited by prodigy1985; 20th December 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1985 View Post
    On first spray it smells more like apple juice mixed with brandy. Dry down i smell vanilla, slight cedar. The booze note is the strongest in this piece. I like it.
    Thank you for your experience. Sounds like STH with apple, how do they compare?

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    Thank you for your experience. Sounds like STH with apple, how do they compare?
    With STH i get the rum. With AB i get a congac smell with apple. Congac and Rum smell very different. So they do have distinct differences. Also AB has a sweet vibe but not overly sweet. STH i dont get much sweetness. Can only get in NY which is a bummer. I will have to find someone in NY to grab a bottle for me if i want to get this in my by killian arsenal.

With STH i get the rum. With AB i get a congac smell with apple. Congac and Rum smell very different. So they do have distinct differences. Also AB has a sweet vibe but not overly sweet. STH i dont get much sweetness. Can only get in NY which is a bummer. I will have to find someone in NY to grab a bottle for me if i want to get this in my by killian arsenal.
    Your description in your two posts sounds very nice. Now I even want to try it more my next trip to NY which is coming up real soon. Thanks for sharing your insight.
    (1903)
    Last edited by hednic; 21st December 2013 at 01:15 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The rest of us will have to wait eagerly

The rest of us will have to wait eagerly
    Will they be releasing this in Other 49 states later?

Your description in your two posts sounds very nice. Now I even want to try it more my next trip to NY which is coming up real soon. Thanks for sharing your insight.
    (1903)
    Dont tease me. lol

Dont tease me. lol
    Maybe I missed something in one of your previous posts, but how did you come to sample it?

(1905)

Maybe I missed something in one of your previous posts, but how did you come to sample it?

(1905)
    Either he lives in NY, or he ordered a sample. You can order samples on their website. Suppressor posted the link above.

(1905)
    I joined the by kilian mailing list or whatever its called and received the sample yesterday. I didnt ask for it they just sent it to me. They are teasers as well. It really does smell very good. i think this might be my new favorite by this house. Also have to say i get no alcohol smell on first spray like i do with creeds and others. By kilian is definitely top of the line quality. Think you might be willing to help me out on your trip to NY? I like hyenas by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Either he lives in NY, or he ordered a sample. You can order samples on their website. Suppressor posted the link above.
    See post 29

See post 29
    Gotcha!
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 21st December 2013 at 03:09 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It was launched in 2014 along with Amber and Rose Oud by Parfums De Nicolai

Blog Entries

This is good news. Kilian is getting back to his core competence here, and that is very smart. His most distinctive and worthwhile scents, IMO, were his boozy ones. I was always very impressed with STH and B2B, for their unique combination of clarity, complexity, and "viscosity", which is a really abstract quality of the booziness. Only Amouage ever came close to him in that respect.

Good deal. The first stop on my next New York trip is pretty much decided. May not be for a while, but nice to know that there's something excellent on the try list.

Banned
    Blog Entries

2 available on Ebay as of now!!
    No FB's but a seller has 10 ml for $60 and an official By Kilian sample..

For one person that can't wait the 10ml is Buy It Now

Just got in on a split for this one. Can't wait to sample it!

Just got in on a split for this one. Can't wait to sample it!
    Please share your views when you get it. Congrats!

(2775)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thought about the split also but I can wait

Didn't realize there was a split going on for this - I ordered a sample from TPC 2 days ago. Hope to get it soon.

It's quite linear, but very good. I like it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Has anyone else sampled or bought it?
    How is longevity, sillage, projection?

Bought a 1ml sample from TPC. Only wore it once (about a week ago), and I really need to wear it a few more times to figure it out. From what I remember, it really does smell boozy in the opening - as much as any fragrance I have tried. The "spilled a drink on myself" feeling fades after a short while, and then it becomes a woody scent. Very nice and long lasting. Haven't decided if it's a love or just a like yet.

I tried it at the NYC boutique but even if I wanted to I couldn't buy it as they were out (I could only place an order online for it). I liked it as well. I had a chance to stop by MiN after and one of the girls working there said it reminded her of Alkemi by Laboratorio Olfattivo and I definitely saw the resemblance.

I managed to get a By Kilian spray sample of this. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing worth noting either. I'm not even interested in finishing my sample off. Longevity isn't good - Sillage is fine while it lasted, which isn't very long.
    When I'm in the mood for a boozy scent I'll reach for my Le Dandy by D'Orsay
    Last edited by thebeck; 26th January 2014 at 01:50 PM.

I got a sample thanks to a very generous basenoter, so big thanks, S.

Apple Brandy really made me smile; I really enjoyed how the dry oak mixed with the fruity, apple-y booze, it's a cheerful scent, not too sweet, and great for winter. The biggest problem I had was longevity. Maybe it needs to be sprayed with more abandon and with a bigger nozzle, because I can't believe that a $300 fragrance is meant to last only two hours.

A full bottle of it is out of my reach, any By Kilian is out of my reach, really, but I will seek out a decant if it when my sample is gone.
    Definitely sample worthy but woe if you have skin that eats fragrances, you'd probably get only minutes of wear out of it.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

When I get a chance, I will have to go to the Kilian Boutique and check it out.

Just got myself on a split for 5ml about a week 1 1/2 ago and will definitely see how this fairs on my skin , like I said before only STH works nice on me with patchouli and cedar becoming protagonist throughout the life of the scent and ofcourse I get about an hour of Rum boozinezz before it transforms but I've being told this scent is magnificent on me by particular important people that I frequent and have utmost respect for and let's not forget to mention my boss detected the patchouli right away and she seemed to like it, that is STH which I get 4 hrs projection and about 12hrs of pronounce skin with semi projection with wafts here and their, so basically I'm covered in a bubble for a while...well, will see how AB mixes with my skin chemistry soon ....peace
    Last edited by magnus611; 30th January 2014 at 02:21 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Well, I just got my 5ml in the mail yesterday..yeah. Nevertheless, try it this morning an am using it today as my SOTD and really struggling to reconcile with thi juice as opening is very pungent and cough syrupy reminescent of a Vicks flavored cough drops at the outset but after a minute or two I get Apple tart with a cloud of cedar dipped in amber and at minimal a bit of clusters of oak in the blend : As I am typing on the iPhone at the moment is the second hour and it's still pretty linear with that cough syrupy vibe(propably the boozy cognac) embellished in a pillar of cedar with vanilla sprinkled in there also a bit sweet but not bad sweet but an opulent elegant kind of sweet ....nice but not worth what they charge for a full bottle, so I'm sort of ok with a 5ml but not blown away.........take, to be continued and concluded at the end of the day ....
    Last edited by magnus611; 31st January 2014 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post

Apple Brandy really made me smile; I really enjoyed how the dry oak mixed with the fruity, apple-y booze, it's a cheerful scent, not too sweet, and great for winter. The biggest problem I had was longevity. Maybe it needs to be sprayed with more abandon and with a bigger nozzle, because I can't believe that a $300 fragrance is meant to last only two hours.

A full bottle of it is out of my reach, any By Kilian is out of my reach, really, but I will seek out a decant if it when my sample is gone.
    Definitely sample worthy but woe if you have skin that eats fragrances, you'd probably get only minutes of wear out of it.
    Agree with you furry one. I've worn it several times now and I enjoy it. Along with that huge price tag, longevity is an issue. Unfortunately, for me its somewhere around 4 hours. It strikes as reminiscent of apple picking in our apple orchards which are nearby. Add some booziness to it. And there you have it. Hopefully, Ill be able to get into a larger split soon.

Cheers Rex

Dude... Am I the only one that gets a caramel apple out of this one? All of this love for Ambre Narguille yet everyone seems to be at best indifferent with this scent. I love this from sampling on two different occasions but I do want to get a better feel for performance on this one before I commit to a split bigger than the 5ml that I got.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Just got my sample in the mail, after a quick spray, I like it, but my first thought was where should I wear this scent. By the time the dry down occured, it smelled like I been drinking in a cigar filled room. IMO not an office scent, but I like it. Amber narguille has the same apple note but seems more like a everyday scent.
    Last edited by modojojo; 26th February 2014 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post

Totally agree...other than it last 6-8 on my scene and the shirt I had on yesterday still has a strong smell of it though I only use 3 sprays. It's a BEAUTIFUL scent much, much better than Ambre Narguille and I love Ambre. This one is more versatile and easier to wear.

Scent cloud/projection whatever you call it is below average so it more of a skin scent, so it's perfect for intimate occasions...or close encounters.