Code of Conduct

Question 'SMOKE' by Kiehls

25 odd years ago I had a mens' fragrance [talc and after shave] called SMOKE by Kiehls [NYC].
    It had a really strong earthy smell I really liked it, found nothing like it since. They no longer make it.
    and is there anyway of finding out what those base scents may be?
    thanks, Graham.

Default Re: 'SMOKE' by Kiehls

Earthy and smoky, you say? Maybe give Le Labo Patchouli 24 a try, and see if that does anything for you...

try something from the CB I hate perfume line. Christopher, the nose, from what I hear, used to design the Keihls scents and he also seems to have a knack for smokey type scents. See the directory reviews, but basically look into his single accords like smoke, leather, etc and his compositions like fireside or something, and in the library, burning leaves, etc...
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Hi & welcome, Pacificasurf!
    Please note that this thread is being moved to Male Fragrance Discussion as the Bugs section is intended for site issues.
    Thanks.