Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo Santal 33

I sprayed it on my hand a few days ago when I received a sample from Lucky Scent and didn't think much of it. I wore it today at work and loved it. I'm strongly considering buying a bottle. However, I heard Le Labo fragrances expire one year after purchase. Is that true? Coming back to the fragrance, how does it project on your skin and what do you get out it in terms of longevity?

Default Re: Le Labo Santal 33

That expiration date should be looked at as a "suggestion" or else mine would have gone off in May 10, 2012.

It still smells great to me.

Also received a free sample of this from Luckyscent with a recent purchase and thought it smelled OK, but I prefer other sandalwood scents.
    (1792)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by zero7786 View Post
    I sprayed it on my hand a few days ago when I received a sample from Lucky Scent and didn't think much of it. I wore it today at work and loved it. I'm strongly considering buying a bottle. However, I heard Le Labo fragrances expire one year after purchase. Is that true? Coming back to the fragrance, how does it project on your skin and what do you get out it in terms of longevity?
    You liked it later because it really blooms with warmth. Projection & longevity are excellent.

They don't expire any more:

Not that they ever did but for a long time it said "fresh until X date" but it doesn't say that anymore.

Le Labo is brand that listens to customers.

We complained about this point a whole lot on BaseNotes and Le Labo took that into consideration.

Le Labo also knows we had when formulas change so when they changed Patchouli 24's formula, they announced it publicly.

These are positive facets of doing business!

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

Le Labo also knows we had when formulas change so when they changed Patchouli 24's formula, they announced it publicly.
    Very honest of them. What was the reason they gave?

Santal 33 is great. You can get a split here on BN if you want to save a little $.

One of my favorite fragrances.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Very honest of them. What was the reason they gave?
    I think something a long the lines of a certain ingredient wasn't available anymore.

for swap/sale:

I read that they changed from unrectified birch tar to rectified birch tar in Patchouli 24. My understanding is that this was done because of ingredient restrictions, and I interpreted it to be a health concern but I am not sure of that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.