Code of Conduct

Question Has Britney Spears' Fantasy been Reformulated?

Hi, I'm new here, and I am trying to overcome my shyness with a bold (but not impulsive) post. Fantasy is my guilty-pleasure perfume I wear in my room when feeling secretly sad or nostalgic.

My first post is to ask the question: Has Britney Spears' Fantasy been "reformulated"? I see numerous reports cropping up here and there saying it smells very dissimilar to when it was first released. I've seen these comments in Fragrantica, Makeupalley, perfume journals, etc.

I had some doubts, for it really didn't seem highly likely for a heavily-mass produced, rampantly available celebrity perfume full of synthetics to have to undergo "reformulation" as opposed to, let's say, a Guerlain or Chanel. Moreover, I don't even have a full-size bottle of the original Fantasy when it first came out.

However, I do have a massive decant supplied by a former roommate. Heck, I was even with her at the mall when she picked up the Fantasy perfume nearly 10 years ago or so.

My decant smells quite similar to my newest (purchased within the past 60 days) acquisition of Fantasy in terms of lasting power and strength. The only difference is the top notes aren't so sharp in tartness or tangy sourness as the fruity top notes of the current Fantasy, and the gourmand 'vanillic' notes seem to be more pervasive.

Would love to know your thoughts and opinions, thank you very much.

Default Re: Has Britney Spears' Fantasy been Reformulated?

for example, here's one review:

I believe it must have been reformulated. Back in the past, two hours into wearing this, the most intoxicating creamy birthday cake came out,it blew your mind it was so delicious.

I actually still love this to death, I just feel it's a lighter version than before.
    I really miss that intense cake note (EA bring it back please)

Default Re: Has Britney Spears' Fantasy been Reformulated?

Hi & welcome!

Sorry, no clue but a quick trawl of the internet found this one, which may be similar.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26132585.html