Code of Conduct

Default Ways to use Fragrances in daily life

Hello,

I'm an old basenoter, didn't write here for some time, but definitely didn't loose my passion for fragrances. A thought went through my mind, earlier this morning, what if we could link our habbits with our fragrances, for example:

habit rouge sport - work
    gucci envy - creative
    body kouros - romantic
    chergui - elegant
    la nuit de l'homme - casual
    l'homme - eating
    uomo moschino - after shower

what would be yours ?
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Default Re: Ways to use Fragrances in daily life

It's a good idea in theory but for me I have to have a shower before I apply a new fragrance. Now if I had to wear three to four scents in a day for those different habits it's going to be impractical.

I just use a one scent of the day and sometimes a evening fragrance if I'm going out but that's as far as I would stretch it.

Like Jack said, I have to take a shower before applying fragrances. I may re-apply later during the day. I usually change fragrances after working out, but not just different activities throughout the day. Also choice of a daily fragrance is more of a mood thing.

How about if I feel sexy all the time in whatever I do ....then I dooo Dior Homme or intense depending on the season ....sexy never left!!!!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I just use a one scent of the day and sometimes a evening fragrance if I'm going out but that's as far as I would stretch it.
    This is basically my MO also.
    (1808)
    Last edited by hednic; 19th December 2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Unless I'm sampling something (or a few somethings), I'm also pretty a strictly one fragrance per day guy. Maybe it also has to do with my relatively monotonous lifestyle (stay at home dad/full time student that never needs to be on campus). That said, I've always felt that Azzaro Pour Homme is one of the best "workhorse" fragrances of all time - suits any occasion, any time, for any reason
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

Banned
    Blog Entries

Work- Issey Miyake
    Creative- TOF
    Romantic- Amber Absolute
    Elegant- Ambre 114
    Casual- Le Male
    After Shower- Prada Amber/Clean Shower Fresh

Demeter Dirt - To pretend you've been working hard in the garden.

Humph, I read the thread title and thought this was going in a different direction. Actually, as someone who worked in the industry, I often had people saying well they already had some fragrance and you can only wear one per day or a few per season etc so how many do you need. I used to tell them (inspired by you guys) that there area many ways to wear and enjoy scent. It can be a personal fragrance, sure, in which case it can be something you put on when you wake up and start your day before showering say, or right before you go to bed to have some sweet dreams. It can be something you spray on your sheets or pillow so you smell the scent before sleeping. It can be something you put on your towels so when you wipe your face or hands, you get a whiff of the scent. I even suggested fluffing up the towels for a minute in the dryer with a few sprays of the scent. Another idea is to use some of the cheaper scents as simple bathroom spray or room spray for a short term enjoyment of the smell. And lastly, and perhaps most strangely but fun, is to put a couple of shpritzes in the bathtub while taking a bath so the heat opens up the smell and you get a bit of the ol' aromatherapy thing going on.

Not the response you were asking for, but meh, might be useful to someone out there...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Humph, I read the thread title and thought this was going in a different direction. Actually, as someone who worked in the industry, I often had people saying well they already had some fragrance and you can only wear one per day or a few per season etc so how many do you need. I used to tell them (inspired by you guys) that there area many ways to wear and enjoy scent. It can be a personal fragrance, sure, in which case it can be something you put on when you wake up and start your day before showering say, or right before you go to bed to have some sweet dreams. It can be something you spray on your sheets or pillow so you smell the scent before sleeping. It can be something you put on your towels so when you wipe your face or hands, you get a whiff of the scent. I even suggested fluffing up the towels for a minute in the dryer with a few sprays of the scent. Another idea is to use some of the cheaper scents as simple bathroom spray or room spray for a short term enjoyment of the smell. And lastly, and perhaps most strangely but fun, is to put a couple of shpritzes in the bathtub while taking a bath so the heat opens up the smell and you get a bit of the ol' aromatherapy thing going on.

Not the response you were asking for, but meh, might be useful to someone out there...
    I find this very practical, thanks