Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Something on par with Bogart Pour Homme?

I've heard that it's been compared an equal in strength of sillage with Joop! Homme. I own Joop! Homme but I've never even smelt or seen bogart pour homme, this thing's so hard to find. I agree that joop homme does last a long time, projects up to 2 feet even after 8 hours, sillage lasts about 8 to 10 seconds after I leave (after 8 hours). Is there anything that's even stronger in sillage? I've heard about angel men, well I bought one and Joop! Homme actually reigned superior maybe because that angel men is chocolate and smells dark, that it's harder to notice than joop's vanillic floral spicy 'bright' smell. Angel men's smell doesn't really linger around, not much of a sillage after 8 hours, it just projects and that's it (to me, i bought the late 2013 batch). What do you think? toss projection aside and leave sillage and sillage's longevity, which one do you think is better than Bogart Pour Homme & Joop! Homme ? or maybe even better?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Something on par with Bogart Pour Homme?

I own both Joop! Homme (vintage version) and Bogart pour homme. Bogart is definitely one of my favs!
    Sweet cherry pipe tobacco with lots of tonka bean and some vanilla. To me the cherry is not that noticable and the sweetness is just right! Utterly masculine fragrance as well! Joop! Homme is very sweet and loud and has therefor to be applied very carefully when you want it 'to work' in the drydown!
    Bogart is pretty loud first 1-2 hrs (depending on amount of application) but then settles nicely and has average projection for 6 more hrs or so before becoming a skin scent. Bogart would be a no brainer for me out of these two! It is also very cheap so you can't 'go wrong'.
    (I also own Amen vintage and that one eats both of these fragrances regarding longevity and sillage!)
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Solo (Absoluto)
    - Chanel: Antaeus
    - Chanel: Egoïste
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gaultier 2, if you are comfortable with its grapey sweetness. I, for one, love it.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Male Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Opium pour Homme EdP would probably appeal, it has similar longevity and projection to Bogart pH and I find some similarities in their drydowns.

Duplicate post
    Last edited by hednic; 19th December 2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Quote Originally Posted by velgasius View Post
    What do you think? toss projection aside and leave sillage and sillage's longevity, which one do you think is better than Bogart Pour Homme & Joop! Homme ? or maybe even better?
    Of these two, I'd say Bogart.
    (1806)
    Last edited by hednic; 19th December 2013 at 02:27 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

vintage ones are almost impossible to find here you mentioned opium, which one out of the ysl house has the best men's fragrance when it comes to sillage? how about La Nuit De L'Homme or rive gauche?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Of these two, I'd say Bogart.
    (1806)
    I meant a fragrance that's even got better sillage than bogart and joop :/ and the sillage that needs to actually last a long time

and I couldn't find gaultier 2 I tried to for 2 whole weeks last month.
    Last edited by velgasius; 19th December 2013 at 02:19 PM.

I meant a fragrance that's even got better sillage than bogart and joop :/ and the sillage that needs to actually last a long time

and I couldn't find gaultier 2 I tried to for 2 whole weeks last month.
    Then Gaultier 2 for sure. Every now and then it pops up on Ebay. Just be patient. (1809)
    Last edited by hednic; 19th December 2013 at 02:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

for something (where I live, which is indonesia) with the weight of a 100ml fragrance+box would actually cost me over 40$ for shipping lol, that's almost the exact same price of the fragrance itself. I'm just looking for one sold locally.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gaultier2 is always on Ebay from 45 on up for the economy sized bottle..
    a great unisex amber..
    on the fresh side 212 and Issey Miyake project as well as Joop-maybe

for something (where I live, which is indonesia) with the weight of a 100ml fragrance+box would actually cost me over 40$ for shipping lol, that's almost the exact same price of the fragrance itself. I'm just looking for one sold locally.
    Understand now. Didn't know where you were located.

(1815)

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming you are after more recent releases rather than 20 or 30 year old powerhouses, one that comes to mind in my collection that is on par with Bogart PH is The Gap: The Original.
    Basically it is sweet plum and leather which projects strongly and lasts a very long time, and i got it very inexpensively.

Another contender may be the discontinued but still around in some shops Arpege Pour Homme.

And I've been quite taken with the projection and endurance of A*men Pure Malt.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 19th December 2013 at 04:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

what do you guys think of fleur du male? I'm trying to find cheaper ones that are strong like altamir by lapidus because I've bought a couple of expensive ones lately. So is fleur du male worth it? considering the sillage power and sillage longevity, or is it just about the same as Joop! post - year 2000?

what do you guys think of fleur du male? So is fleur du male worth it? considering the sillage power and sillage longevity, or is it just about the same as Joop! post - year 2000?
    Only speaking for myself, I own it and do like it and if you can get it at a good price, is worth it IMO.On my skin it has good sillage and longevity.

(1850)

Post Thanks / Like

what do you guys think of fleur du male? I'm trying to find cheaper ones that are strong like altamir by lapidus because I've bought a couple of expensive ones lately. So is fleur du male worth it? considering the sillage power and sillage longevity, or is it just about the same as Joop! post - year 2000?
    It's very floral without anything much masculine in it. Regardless, I quite liked it in the shop, but my wife put her foot down and said she didn't want me wearing such a girlie scent around her.
    Regards,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly has sillage and staying power. You must like orange blossom and vanilla to enjoy it but if you like Altamir you should be fine.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Certainly has sillage and staying power. You must like orange blossom and vanilla to enjoy it but if you like Altamir you should be fine.
    Agreed. FdM is a good one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    it's very floral without anything much masculine in it. Regardless, i quite liked it in the shop, but my wife put her foot down and said she didn't want me wearing such a girlie scent around her.
    lol!!

(1862)

I owned it for a second and quickly got rid of it. It was soooo cloying, oh my God! I just couldn't do it. I gave it to my friend. He then told me that he got a compliment from his girlfriend on it. Hey, good for him. Joop is some strong stuff too, but I like Joop. Totally wearable for me. Which one has more sillage/projection? I dunno. They're probably about neck and neck.
    Current Favorites

1. Amouage Reflection Man
    2. Gucci Pour Homme II
    3. Divine L'Homme Sage
    4. By Killian Back to Black
    5. Amouage Interlude
    6. Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé (2004)
    7. By Killian Rose Oud
    8. Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre (2008)
    9. Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme
    10.Creed Royal Water

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogart is good stuff! Its one of a handful that I and many others find; its quality far exceeds the very low price.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499