Code of Conduct

Smile Recommendations :)

Hey guys!

As you can see I am a new member and this is my first post here. I visit basenotes quite frequently so I thought why not join the community!
    I wanted to hear your opinions/recommenddations on expanding my collection.

I'm a college student and wear perfume every day. It's quite important for me to wear perfume that's not intrusive, but has a friendly sillage, not something like 1 Million. Something I could wear everyday and not that doesn't become boring after a while. Doesn't matter if it's a seasonal scent.
    These are a few perfumes I own and really like:
    Lolita Lempicka au Masculin
    Narciso Rodriguez for Him - Musc edition
    Guerlain Homme Intense
    Dior Midnight Poison

These are the ones I smelled and would like to buy, but I have my doubts about some of them. I would like to have your opinions about these:
    YSL Opium pour Homme EDP: I love the drydown, but I'm not sure about the opening. I remember that it was quite spicy, doubt if it would actually fit my age, even though I believe perfume has to fit your personality.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him: Really like this one. Not sure if I would wear it a lot, since it's quite strong imo.

Kenzo Flower: I remember being fond of it, but not sure if it would fit my age.

Dior Homme: Liked it, but it reminded me a bit too much of my sister's make up bag. The Intense version was just ok for me. I've read somewhere that Shalimar Parfum Initial would also be a good alternative to both, could someone confirm this? Haven't smelled that one though.

Issey Miyake Intense: Not sure if it is worth a FB, since 75 ml is quite a lot, at least for me. Same accounts for Midnight in Paris EDP.

And these female fragances also interest me, according to reviews I've read: Black Orchid, Hypnotic Poison, Bottega Veneta.
    Suggestions are appreciated. I'm willing to spend up to 70 euros (mind you, I'm a student so I don't have the money for niche creations haha). Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Recommendations :)

Gucci Pour Homme II is a good one. Not cloying and pretty safe. Not to mention, it's a great fragrance. Welcome aboard!

Dune for Men by Dior may fit your bill for a good light but present and originally smelling spring and summer fragrance! Check out the reviews!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Fall/winter "the one" d&g
    spring/summer "Bleu" de chanel
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have never tried any of the female scents or opium..
    Lolita would be a nice choice..
    Also on the same vibe..
    Dunhill Desire
    Givenchy PI
    Hanae Mori
    Rochas Man

All 4 have great longevity and project nicely.

In before Hednic with Burberry London and Carbone de Balmain

Try Dior Homme Sport, it's quite nice and long lasting...definitely the more friendly version of Dior Homme as there's no makeup bag aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    In before Hednic with Burberry London and Carbone de Balmain
    Thanks Marais, Yes these two!
    (1807)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Kenzo Flower is a very fresh, melony scent and I don't see the problem. Dior homme has definitely a sort of make up feel, which is part of the fun, but again, if you don't like the note, you probably shouldn't buy it. I don't find too many similarities with the Shalimars. Shalimar is a smooth, slightly powdery vanillic oriental - good for men too; I'd go for the classic, regular one, not the flankers.

Bottega Veneta (for women) is a smooth sweetish light suede. I tend to prefer more intense leathers (like Aramis, Knize Ten etc). Hypnotic Poisons has an interesting almond note, quite different from midnight poison (or the other poisons), and I actually much prefer it to them.

cacio

For inexpensive fragrances try:

Hanae Mori HM
    Dior Aqua Fahrenheit
    Bogart One Man Show
    Bulgari Black
    Joop Jump

I would say Armani code is a must

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Gucci Pour Homme II is a good one. Not cloying and pretty safe. Not to mention, it's a great fragrance. Welcome aboard!
    +1. A great recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

L'Homme is very versatile and light and I think it would be something that you would like based off what you already own. Btw, Welcome!
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Dior Homme. Evidently, makeup bags smell quite good.

Bleu de Chanel
    Dior Homme Sport
    Joop Homme Wild

Default Recommendations :)

The Dreamer by Versace is the last perfume you need. Go easy with the spray and you are basically done, from your descriptions.