Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Vintage authentic or fake?

I have just received a bottle of Dior Homme vintage which I purchased from ebay. I have compared it to my bottle of reformulation and there are a few differences in quality. It appeared to be a decent seller with 100% feedback but:

-Bottle sprayer does not have CD on it (from what i can tell not all authentic ones do?)
    -Silver tube does not have dior on it (again-not all do?)
    Bottom quantity has "5" missing from "50ml" its barely visible.
    -Bottom has some imperfections and writing is not very clear as on original
    -Bottom serial number is in different position
    -Dior homme is not in same location on front

+It has a batch number on both bottle and box
    +seller appears to sell many fragrances but not multiple ones of each type.
    +from initial smell, it smells ok. I haven't smelled vintage for a while so not that fresh in my mind.
    +came in genuine looking box

I would really appreciate your opinion. It is either a extremely good fake or authentic. Does anyone have one circa 2009 to compare it to?

Thanks
    DSC00930.jpgDSC00931.jpgDSC00932.jpgDSC00933.jpgDSC00934.jpgDSC00935.jpgDSC00936.jpgIMG_2301.jpgIMG_2302.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by saf11; 19th December 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Default Re: Dior Homme Vintage authentic or fake?

To my eye it looks fine.
    (1818)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I would be interested to know who the eBay seller was...I am familiar with most Dior women's fragrances, but I am "watching" a bottle of something by Dior I have never even heard of, and I am wondering if it is a fake. I will not contact the seller, but please advise me who it was

That's the best fake bottle I seen yet....please, I've tried both ...meaning then and presently now...No difference....enjoy and stop shelling out your hard earn money out and paying exuberant prices to those whom want to profit on Hype and unsuspecting noses.....just enjoy scent.....peace
    Last edited by magnus611; 19th December 2013 at 07:24 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Looks real, you should be able to tell if it's a fake by smelling it.

For me it looks legit.

Banned

if you cant tell the difference between a legit and a fake perfume by smelling it, then you shouldnt worry about looking for a vintage bottle. just buy a new bottle from a respectad retailer so you dont have to be paranoid about it being fake or real.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Smell Bro..
    I bought a fake some time ago..
    very watered down..
    it lasted for half an hour..

Guys... I got the "vintage" bottle for cheaper than the recommended retail price of a standard bottle, I did not go out of my way to spend loads of money on a vintage on purpose. I am not going to pretend I am a perfume expert but I do enjoy them and love all of the Dior Homme line. So basically I got this particular bottle because I won a bid and got a good deal. The only reason I want to know if it is real or not is so I can know if it is actually safe to put on my skin and not full of harsh chemicals.

Thanks for the posts.

I can't believe nobody's recommended this??? Just got to CheckCosmetics.com type in your batch code and you'll see what year it's from and to make sure its real...
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMothaFragger View Post
    I can't believe nobody's recommended this??? Just got to CheckCosmetics.com type in your batch code and you'll see what year it's from and to make sure its real...
    Hi. Yeh I already did this and it came up with a date of October 2009 I think. I assume counterfeiters could put an authentic serial number in their products. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid about this whole thing.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

IMO only the 100ml ones are faked and not! the 50ml bottles!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    IMO only the 100ml ones are faked and not! the 50ml bottles!
    Agree

Couple things..

How is the sprayer? If it's awesome, it's real.

Also, the only red flag is the 'Dior' toward the bottom of the silver stem is missing.

I used to have the 1.7 oz from 2006 and it definitely had 'Dior' on the silver tube.
    Last edited by 1280adam; 20th December 2013 at 03:21 PM.

Hi, just fyi, I know this is an old post but I have a bottle of the same batch (9x02) and it smells fine. It also is missing the dior on the stem. Only thing I can think is that it was probably just a mistake.

Thank you for your reply. I am actually now starting to lean towards the fake side based on the actual fragrance, silage and longevity. The fragrance that I have has very weak projection and longevity, especially when compared to the new formulation. My distant memory of sampling a vintage leads me to believe it should be the other way around. How is it for you're bottle?

My bottle is about the same with longevity and projection as my reform. I have a small reform bottle The only difference i notice is the slight differences in the smell which is to be expected. Sephora still carries testers with the silver stem. I walked into a sephora just yesterday and noticed that the tester did not have a dior printed on the bottom of the stem. I could not see the batch. So i am not sure if the dior was just not printed on a few bottle or what happened but it smelled just like the tester did.