Code of Conduct

Question Need suggestions for a Christmas gift for my girlfriend. Help me!

Hi there!

This is my 1st post here, so nice to meet you guys ! Also I hope this is the right place to post my thread.

First I want to say that I don't know anything about female flavors, perfumes, toilet waters, etc. It might be hard. Anyways. Now I gave myself the job to ask around and learn something about it, because I want to make a gift to my girlfriend. I want to impress her, because I know she is pretty familiar on the topic. The thing I'm looking for shouldn't be something famous that all the girls and/or women are using, and also I want it to be something classy, maybe a bit sweet in flavor, something she can wear also on regular days, when going out or when we are on a date - universal but not that simple (if I can say it like this). She is 18, she is pretty smart and she is also a business lady. I hope this helps and I hope you guys can give me some suggestions, because I'm a little short in time...

Thanks in advance for your answers! Wish you Happy Holidays!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need suggestions for a Christmas gift for my girlfriend. Help me!

Hello deadpul. It's great that you are putting so much effort into researching a nice fragrance for your girlfriend. You don't say where you live though, so we wouldn't know what might be available in your area, and that can vary greatly, and no, you are right, you don't have much time!

Assuming that you can get most fragrances......my first instict on reading your post was Molecule 01. It's modern, still a bit unusual, and it smells great. I'm also thinking Elie Saab or Bottega Veneta for a young woman, or the beautifully presented Balenciaga Florabotanica would make a really knock out gift and it smells lovely too.

Oh, you are right to ask me where I live, forgot to mention that. I'm living in Sofia, Bulgaria... I might have some issues finding some of the stuff here, but I will try for sure.

Thanks for your opinion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Number two, three and four should be available in a good department store. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

It is always so hard to guess what a person will like... I'd say Bulgari Black: rich, complex, but with a fun rubber note to make it modern. Ideally, though, you should make sure that she can return the frag if she doesn't like it. For instance, you can ask for a sample so that she can use the sample first and in case return the full, sealed package.

cacio

Nice, will check your suggestion too, cacio! Thanks!

I hope I don't get too confused with all the different flavors, ha ...

What do you guys think about D&G Pour Femme? It's highly recommended to me by a friend, but I haven't smelled it yet. Does it somehow describe what I'm looking for ?
    Last edited by Deadpul; 20th December 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpul View Post
    What do you guys think about D&G Pour Femme? It's highly recommended to me by a friend, but I haven't smelled it yet. Does it somehow describe what I'm looking for ?
    Hi and welcome!
    The 2012 & 2013 ("intense") D&G Pour Femme are both sweet and pleasent. However, are not "unique" fragrances as you have requested your gift to be. If she will enjoy a really gourmand scent, a lot more sticky than floral, then go for it. If not, Elie Saab in despite its popularity is more classy and almost impossible to not to match somebody's skin if you get the EDP concentration (original version).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This time of year much time and money is spent on perfume for girlfriends and wives. ( guys, too, of course) I can offer a couple of suggestions that may help you make an educated guess at the right gift. If you are trying perfumes at a department store, and please DO try them first, there are a few things to remember. Spray a bit on paper first. Wait a few minutes before sniffing. When you find some that you want to try on skin, try no more than 4 at one time. One on the inside of each wrist, one on the inside of each arm. Write a code mark to remind yourself which is which with a pen on your arm. Get as many samples to take with you as you can. Don't buy anything yet. Wait AT LEAST AN HOUR! (Go out to lunch maybe) Don't be afraid to try it on yourself. If you don't like it on you, chances are, you won't like it on her.

You might try Chanel , Estée Lauder or Armani Code to start.
    Last edited by kumquat; 21st December 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks again, guys!

Actually, I was out shopping the last night and almost all of the stuff that Foustie suggested were not available in the major shops I went to. Anyways. I tried a lot of different fragrances. The one I really liked was Blurberry Body, a toilet water. It was just it when I smelled it. So I bought it ! It was the last bottle and on a discount. Hope she likes it. At least I like it a lot .

When do you guys suggest I give it to her? We are together tonight and then maybe I will see her after Christmas - so, tonight or maybe on 26th-27th, what do you think?