Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I want to REEK! - Is that so wrong?

Hi, folks. I'm confused. When I (or a certain fella I know), spends a couple hundred dollars for 50 ml of perfume, I expect to be able to smell it a darned good while after I put it on. Do our noses get used to the smell and less able to detect it? I mean, what's going on? I put on an Isabey this morning and can barely smell it anymore. Same thing with both Caron EdPs. What's this????

I bought these perfumes because I love them and want to smell them all day. Is that so wrong? What does a person have to do to reek?!

Default Re: I want to REEK! - Is that so wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    I bought these perfumes because I love them and want to smell them all day. Is that so wrong? What does a person have to do to reek?!
    Increase the amount of sprays until you get the desired effect.
    (1819)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Heh! Not all are designed in that way though (to reek). Many fragrances are designed with space and reserve as notes unto themselves, leaning more toward subtlety than, well, screaming for attention

Comme des Garcons, for example, lean toward a far more reserved tone, and there are a number of scents out there that are little more than a suggestion of scent. For some designers, the idea of blaring over-the-top volume belies their whole aesthetic.

Some lines capitalize on screaming volume to try and dupe unsuspecting buyers to believing that it's a sign of quality. In fact, I've had several Bond SA's tell me exactly that -- that the louder the scent (and trust me, their scents are loud), the higher the quality. This is nonsense; try a spray of Jupe! (a discount bin fragrance if there ever was one) and see how loud it is. The myth of longevity/projection sadly permeates a number of fragrance conversations in this manner.

So, all in all, the ephemerality of the scent might indeed be part and parcel of the overall design. For your Carons, just load up on the stuff

Hi, folks. I'm confused. When I (or a certain fella I know), spends a couple hundred dollars for 50 ml of perfume, I expect to be able to smell it a darned good while after I put it on. Do our noses get used to the smell and less able to detect it? I mean, what's going on? I put on an Isabey this morning and can barely smell it anymore. Same thing with both Caron EdPs. What's this????

I'm 100% with you. We are in the extreme minority here though. I'm not meaning to insult anyone, but so many members here in my opinion, overthink things and start to convince themselves that it's fine they can hardly smell something they dropped $$$ on. I honestly feel bad for them. If I want something to stay that close to my skin, I'll buy a single orange and lemon and squirt some on my wrist. I'll be out a mere fraction of money that way.

More sprays and spraying on clothing helps a lot.

Blog Entries

Decant some into a small atomiser to carry with you through the day, so you can re-spray whenever you want.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I understand the re application and spraying on cloths hair etc will help for a milder fragrance - but to the point - why should I need to do this? Is it so hard to make a good smelling - long lasting fragrance? Especially at the price point some of these sell for - should I not expect them to last longer than an hour?

Sigh .... and some of the best smelling are so pathetically short lived...

Quote Originally Posted by TurnerIII View Post
    I understand the re application and spraying on cloths hair etc will help for a milder fragrance - but to the point - why should I need to do this? Is it so hard to make a good smelling - long lasting fragrance? Especially at the price point some of these sell for - should I not expect them to last longer than an hour?

Sigh .... and some of the best smelling are so pathetically short lived...
    ^^^Exactly what my dilemma was with Le Labo Cuir 28. Was very impressed with the smell. Not so impressed with lack of projection on a $500+ bottle.

Yes! A good perfume should have decent longevity!

Basenotes Plus

I agree with you. I always purchase samples first to test them for the changes as they progress, the sillage, and the longevity. I've found many that I absolutely love but that have poor sillage and longevity. I wouldn't mind applying twice if the cost was half, but I'm not going keep reapplying an expensive fragrance every couple of hours.

I wear fragrance for myself - I could care less whether others smell it. I want, not to be overwhelmed, but to at least be in that wonderful "fog" a good fragrance creates.

For me, Naomi Goodsir's Cuir Velours does this. Today I'm wearing Amber Oil from Wellington Fragrance and it's wonderful. Just amber - one dimensional. And it lasts ALL day. I'm surrounded by the wonderful smell of amber. And I only paid a couple of bucks for it.

Thank you SO much for these perspectives. I was really confused. Now I remember that my Frederic Malle Une Rose does project and last. So, for me, I need to add that to my purchase criteria and really wear samples before buying. I find it not the least all right to drop a bundle on something that ceases to perform its function almost at once. Meanwhile, I'll increase application and refresh. Thanks for those tips.

Yep, I agree with thread starter...I understand many of us don't wanna smell like a 1million paco Rabanne : but if you're gonna shell Out "mucho dinero" plenty of cash let it be worth it....but I do also understand that the quality, selection, of natural or rare notes on a blend don't necessarily translate to projection or longevity beast , but it does translate to quality over quantity or in other words pay mucho dinero if you want the best....but it's nice when you do find that one that does well in both arenas....that why we sample before committing to FB and I mean test drive a whole or few days... ...btw, there's always exceptions and subjectives in the fume realm on specific takes on frags that are duds on some of us and on some one else a Bombastic smell barrier breakers....skin chemistry, composition, diet etc comes also to play ......peace and GodBless
    Last edited by magnus611; 19th December 2013 at 06:55 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

+1, don't confuse a huge cloud of projection and hours of longevity with 'quality' and price. Those are criteria but the direction of how you want them is your choice. I have just as often been impressed with a scent by the way it wafts in and out or by how it starts, tells it's story, and then is completely gone. I recently had this sort of Epiphany with guys like L'Artisan or CB I Hate Perfume where I realized their scents are more about an experience, not just a 'cologne' that sticks to you all day. They're not Kouros or Azzaro, they're an experiential art form. My point is the artists have different intentions. If you listen to a song, you can't say this band sucks because they aren't banging on the drums and using an electric guitar. Yo Yo Ma's got a different intention.

If you want to maintain your criteria, then the scents you've bought aren't for you, and that's fine, just find better scents to suit your tastes/style. Or just spray with abandon ;-)
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    +1, don't confuse a huge cloud of projection and hours of longevity with 'quality' and price. Those are criteria but the direction of how you want them is your choice. I have just as often been impressed with a scent by the way it wafts in and out or by how it starts, tells it's story, and then is completely gone. I recently had this sort of Epiphany with guys like L'Artisan or CB I Hate Perfume where I realized their scents are more about an experience, not just a 'cologne' that sticks to you all day. They're not Kouros or Azzaro, they're an experiential art form. My point is the artists have different intentions. If you listen to a song, you can't say this band sucks because they aren't banging on the drums and using an electric guitar. Yo Yo Ma's got a different intention.

If you want to maintain your criteria, then the scents you've bought aren't for you, and that's fine, just find better scents to suit your tastes/style. Or just spray with abandon ;-)

Agree totally - sometimes, a glorious experience may be very short lived - like my wearing Taif rose attar & Ancient Resins this morning!

I understand about artistry, but, honestly, I can't see the point of a perfume I can't smell! Especially a hugely expensive perfume I can't smell. Is this an Emperor's New Clothes thing? Have Caron EdPs always vanished on the skin? Or just modern ones? This is really upsetting to me because I adore several Carons. Is this why some BNers have advised me to seek vintage? Will I experience the same thing when I explore Guerlains?

Blog Entries

Try Serge Lutens -Amber Sultan, Montale- Black Aoud both last overnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    +1, don't confuse a huge cloud of projection and hours of longevity with 'quality' and price.
    I can see that one can enjoy the composition of a short-lived perfume (citruses, for example), but I think it's generally quite important to be able to experience a scent's development over the course of time, to savour the unfolding of notes and to smell their interaction with our skin. I think anything too fleeting will derogate from its ability to fully develop as a sensory experience. I'm just talking longevity here, projection is quite a different matter.

Also in the case of Caron (I don't know Isabey), I do think it's a defect, because most Carons were initially composed to last. It was only due to IFRA/ingredient substitutions that they were changed and lost most of their base notes.

The whole "I spent loads of £££ on a fragrance, so it should be crazy powerful and last for 3 days" thing makes absolutely zero sense. There are times and occasions when a subtler fragrance is called for. And you should still be able to select from quality, high end options. Not every fragrance is made to shout, and there are good reasons for that. (as explained above).

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Try Serge Lutens -Amber Sultan, Montale- Black Aoud both last overnight

Thanks, kumquat. I will.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    The whole "I spent loads of £££ on a fragrance, so it should be crazy powerful and last for 3 days" thing makes absolutely zero sense. There are times and occasions when a subtler fragrance is called for. And you should still be able to select from quality, high end options. Not every fragrance is made to shout, and there are good reasons for that. (as explained above).
    Well, like you, I was using a bit of hyperbole just for fun. I do expect an expensive fragrance to last more than two hours and nothing can convince me that's unreasonable. I had no idea anyone would think otherwise so I have learned a lot and I appreciate the knowledge.
    Last edited by ScentFan; 19th December 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Sadly, some of my favorites just don't deliver in the longevity dept. I fight back by making and carrying spray decants. Reapply whenever the mood strikes me. It's actually quite luxurious.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    There are times and occasions when a subtler fragrance is called for. And you should still be able to select from quality, high end options. Not every fragrance is made to shout, and there are good reasons for that. (as explained above).
    Exactly! I'm wearing Kinski today, for example--a mid-priced scent in which subtlety is part of the structure. And I'm sure that those of you who know it would agree, this is not a scent to want blasting off you

Please try to get a decant of Norma Kamali-Incense. A perfectly blended scent that will make you "reek", in a good way of course.

@Dead Idol-Kinski is a fantastic scent. People will notice.
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

Banned
    Blog Entries

This is why I am becoming less fonder of By Kilian..
    The oud series in particular smells great for an hour and then poof-it's gone..
    Atomizer's to me is the logical answer..

Or you can have a 3 way rotation of..
    Joop!
    Le Male
    1 Million

Sadly, some of my favorites just don't deliver in the longevity dept. I fight back by making and carrying spray decants. Reapply whenever the mood strikes me. It's actually quite luxurious.

Yes, I'll try that now.

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    Please try to get a decant of Norma Kamali-Incense. A perfectly blended scent that will make you "reek", in a good way of course.

Pretty sure I do have NKI here among samples I collected to explore the incense genre! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Exactly! I'm wearing Kinski today, for example--a mid-priced scent in which subtlety is part of the structure. And I'm sure that those of you who know it would agree, this is not a scent to want blasting off you
    What do you mean by blast? Let me be more specific so you can judge. After spraying Isabey this morning on either side of my neck and on the back of my hand, less than 2 hours later I smelled nothing. The only way I could tell I was wearing perfume was by actually putting my nose on my hand.

Basenotes Plus

Try three sprays of Tuscan Leather; it last 24 hours on me, and I can smell it on my easily for 16.

I would be disappointed, too, if a perfume lasted less than two hours, meaning I could not smell it at all (I don't mind if projection is minimal).

I don't know which Isabey you are wearing, but choosing one at random and reading the reviews on luckyscent, several people complained about the longevity. I don't know, of course, if this is true of the one you chose.

I always read reviews of anything I'm thinking of purchasing, and I tend to pass on anything reputed to have poor longevity. There are so many fragrances to choose from, it's an easy way to simplify decision-making.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

They usually last a lot longer than you think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Was just coming back to say this. Olfactory fatigue is a major cause of people reapplying when they don't actually need to. Not smelling something after two hours is the majority of the time going to mean you're just suffering from O.F. I'm VERY bad for it, but that's just life I guess. Just spraying under your shirt I find helps a LOT. Or at least keeping sprays away from your neck area (too close to the nose). Things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post

I've nearly choked myself out with Norma Kamali a few times And yes Kinski's fantastic -- it's the perfect example of a scent that appears to very light, but is actually quite apparent.

Pretty sure I do have NKI here among samples I collected to explore the incense genre! Thanks.

What do you mean by blast? Let me be more specific so you can judge. After spraying Isabey this morning on either side of my neck and on the back of my hand, less than 2 hours later I smelled nothing. The only way I could tell I was wearing perfume was by actually putting my nose on my hand.
    Congrats on getting some of the Kamali! It's perhaps the rarest (and greatest) incense fragrance there is -- literally just a few hundred ml remaining! Is it the 1982 vintage? That stuff is absolutely nuclear!

Sadly, I'm not familiar with the scent you mention, but yes, a cursory glance at some online resources would suggest that these are fairly transparent fragrances. Also, I'm not sure which one you're referring to, but many of those notes listed (white florals, citrus etc.) are going to be fairly ephemeral. If it's a top-driven scent, then pay attention to what the base does before committing.

So, sometimes its part of the aesthetic (Comme des Garcons, Kinski etc); other times it's just the nature of the notes and small molecules (De Profundis is one of my favorite, yet fleeting scents). Then, of course, you have ultra-low concentrations like what Jo Malone or Demeter produces (about half the strength of even the weakest perfumes on the market). So, if projection and longevity are key to your needs, research and experimentation are the way to go, but as pointed out, it has no bearing on expense or quality whatsoever. Try a Lush scent such as Dirty ($15) and good luck getting off your skin with 24 hours :P

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Absolutely. And I suspect this might be what's at work with the Isabey -- it's my experience with Kinski today. I catch little bits of it here and there, but there's no question that it's very present and still doing its job. I can become anosmic to certain notes within about 15 minutes, depending on the chemicals involved.
    Last edited by deadidol; 20th December 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Great info/suggestions. All new to me. Thanks so much.

I've wrestled with this issue as well. However, I have come to realize that often, I've just become a osmotic to the scent while others around me smell it strongly.

Try spraying mostly on your neck such as the hollow of your throat and the sides of your neck, but not behind your ears. I like to spray on these places and also just below the neckline of my shirts and blouse so that the fragrance will waft up to my nostrils.

Blog Entries

Regarding some modern Guerlains, my personal observations in case they might be helpful.
    Citrus and herbal Aqua Allegorias and modern Après L'Ondée EDT are most fleeting but for Après, it very much fits the nature and the name. I love it enough not to mind. I will reapply or follow it with L'Heure Bleue. At least so many have the Guerlinade going on so they can follow each other without much if any disharmony in my nose. Within reason.
    I could use Mitsouko after Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune. I think layering and transitioning the Guerlains is fun.

Insolence, L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko and Shalimar last a couple to several hours longer in EDP on me but I like EDT in some of them too, they each smell different, though. L'Heure Bleue especially because the freshness balances the powder better on me in EDT at the expense of longevity. In Mitsouko, the EDT is long-lasting enough but too sharp on me most of the time, I prefer the EDP but I don't usually wear it 2 days in a row. I find Shalimar less cloying in EDT but sometimes crave the sensory swoon of EDP. But not at a small library boardroom meeting. So often I need both!

I'm really glad I made tests of different versions before starting to buy, the differences matter to me enough to want to know in advance what to expect, even though I have not ventured into any really expensive things. I would have been a little taken aback with a blind buy of Après L'Ondée, it being expensive enough to me and a little effort to get. Knowing in advance, I could decide better.
    It's a constant trade off for me especially since I have always had dry skin too. If I am not careful, everything lasts even less than it could if I will slather on the cream and oils and take moisturizing baths. I spray at the base of my skull under long hair and in my cleavage in addition to the usual places.

When I want to reek, I wear Fendi original (even the EDT is stronggggg) or Chanel Coco Noir EDP, especially on my clothes or hair. On a coat made from any kind of natural materials, they will stay most of a winter unless dry cleaned away! Funny about By Kilian, looking at the boxes and bottles, I'd have thought they would be very strong and Bond No9 the more fleeting. Molecule 1 would certainly smell like Emperor's New Clothes to someone who can't smell Iso E Super though, right?

My problem with reapplying anything too complex is that I very much enjoy the development of the notes from beginning to end so spraying something afresh when the middle or last notes of a previous application linger even a little doesn't always smell very good to me. I haven't seen this aspect discussed much but I've been wondering about it.

It doesn't especially have to do with price either, we've all sprayed on a bad drugstore 'stank' we could unfortunately still smell into tomorrow despite bathing vigorously, right? :P Aviance Night Musk...
    Last edited by mimielle; 20th December 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Clarification
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    Try spraying mostly on your neck such as the hollow of your throat and the sides of your neck, but not behind your ears. I like to spray on these places and also just below the neckline of my shirts and blouse so that the fragrance will waft up to my nostrils.
    The cleavage is another popular place and many apparently pop a tiny scented cotton ball there!
    The little hollow at the base of the neck is a great place to apply - - do take care to allow the scent to dry after applying to the neck area before wearing some of the more porous gemstones.

I have the older Apres L'Onde edt and parfum, I can smell the edt a good four hours later, but I bet anyone standing two feet from me wouldn't. I get little wafts every so often when I think it has gone. The parfum is actually very similar to L'Heure Bleu you get hours from it.

You really want to blast bystanders six feet away, then Chanel especially the older edts. I have No22 which could take on at least six other well known fragrances and beat them in a reek out.

The older Caron edps I get a good six hours from and other can still smell them too.

Rule one for me, never wear the same fragrance more than 3 to 4 days in a role. I get bored and I bet my nose would too.

Spray is better than dab for me(apart from Caron extracts especially Narcisse Noir which could bitch slap most modern perfumes for attitude and power):

one spray each side of the neck about half an inch from your earlobe, base of throat, then hairline at the back of the neck.

one spray on each wrist, then inner elbow, then down each forearm.

If you really want to go for it, behind each knee and the V each side where thights join your body.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

As mentioned earlier, l would avoid spraying the neck as it's too close to the nose, & may cause you to stop noticing the scent after a while. l recommend a couple of sprays on each outer forearm; l find the fine hairs there hold the scent for far longer than anywhere else, & give off nice wafts when you move.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Agree that the outer forearm is a great place - it doesn't interfere with jewellery there either and is additionally my preferred place for samples.

The hollow at the base of the neck has been suggested for oils worn for aromatherapy type purposes.
    Last edited by lpp; 20th December 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Reek away, re-apply.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

just over spray endlessly!
    after that join the "Liberal Oversprayers club" here on B'notes!

If it doesn't last/project it's not worth a lot of money. It misses the whole point of perfume. Even if I like the perfume I will not be happy with it. I don't think I should have to pour half the bottle over myself to make it last if other perfumes manage to with 2 or 3 sprays.

Blog Entries

ln my experience, & on my skin, there are very few fragrances that last adequately with only two or three sprays. On average l use around six or seven sprays for most of mine. Should l join the Liberal Oversprayers Club too??

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    ln my experience, & on my skin, there are very few fragrances that last adequately with only two or three sprays. On average l use around six or seven sprays for most of mine. Should l join the Liberal Oversprayers Club too??
    Sure!
    You are welcome!

I think it's really impolite to spray an invasive amount of fragrance on yourself. It's beyond a matter of personal preference when you are invading upon other people's senses.

I just want to point out that I was also using some hyperbole there too. I know the feeling of enjoyment of having a scent envelop one and wanting to enjoy it for a whole day.

I can't speak to the modern Caron parfums, but of the Guerlain and Chanel pure parfums I've tried, they're much much better than the reguarl edt/edp concentrations.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post

one spray each side of the neck about half an inch from your earlobe, base of throat, then hairline at the back of the neck.

one spray on each wrist, then inner elbow, then down each forearm.

If you really want to go for it, behind each knee and the V each side where thights join your body.
    Heed Donna’s advice for maximum reek. I change scent a couple times during the day so base of neck at hairline, cleavage and forearms is enough for five hours and then I want a change. I also find hair and clothes are a good holder of scent.

I’m in the minority and when possible I prefer to splash or generous dabs. I like to keep my fragrance close so only those who enter my personal space can smell what I have on. Only one I tend to overdose on is No.5. On days where I’m not in enclosed spaces with people I will wear it like fog around me.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Yes, this I do all the time ....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    I think it's really impolite to spray an invasive amount of fragrance on yourself. It's beyond a matter of personal preference when you are invading upon other people's senses.
    Of course, but I work at home. Most days I am spraying for personal enjoyment.

Today I'm using some of the spraying techniques suggested here on Tom Ford's Jasmine Rouge. So far so good.

I want long-lasting scents, too, SF. Most of the L'Artisans, though beautiful, don't last at all on me and so I don't buy them. However, I got a sample of Caron Acaciosa (after reading your scent-fest) and it lasted more than 12 hours! That's a keeper! I don't expect so much from citrus scents but most of my collection is made up of long-lasting scents.

Blog Entries

Of course, but I work at home. Most days I am spraying for personal enjoyment.
    I do most of my big spraying in the evening, when I'm home. And work-at-home days and weekends are awesome.

When I was a kid, things were different. It seemed like all women wore perfume, and you could smell them easily. There was a lot of smoking, too - pipes and cigars included - and the smells were everywhere. It's not surprising that European perfumers travel to North Africa to get olfactory inspiration - they basically have to go to a society where scents are not viewed as an intrusion, to chance upon - well - intruding inspirations.

It's important to remember that current Western social values are not universal in time or space, no matter how much that thought tends to naturally manifest (pun intended).

I dream of taking a retirement trip to some place where lots of fragrance is a good thing. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I dream of taking a retirement trip to some place where lots of fragrance is a good thing. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.
    Sounds like you need to head to Hedonist country - the UAE!

(1913)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sounds like you need to head to the Hedonist country - the UAE!

(1913)

TOTALLY!

My wife would love to go - she just wants to go to too many other places, too! But I would love to make it happen. Maybe not this year, but we'll see......

TOTALLY!

My wife would love to go - she just wants to go to too many other places, too! But I would love to make it happen. Maybe not this year, but we'll see......
    I have yet to get there, but if your wife is a shopper - that's shoppers' paradise from what I understand
    (1915)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have yet to get there, but if your wife is a shopper - that's shoppers' paradise from what I understand
    (1915)
    I was looking online, and they have more L'Occitane stores than I would have thought possible. And they carry some exclusives that apparently are not here in the US or in Europe!

Yes, I will definitely enlist that one in getting her to go. The trick will be reining it in a bit once we get there!

The trick will be reining it in a bit once we get there!
    I hear you

(1918)

I often want to reek ,too
    Projection is not the most important, can always spray a couple of times extra. But I want and admire longevity. Dont need 24 hrs, but when I have to press my nose to my wrists after three hours, that is heartbreaking. In some cases, like citruses I do understand that its not physically possible though, not a matter of quality.
    Mini spray in bag, and spraying on clothes are the best tips I can offer

I also apply after I return home from work and can enjoy the scent to my own satisfaction. For me, perfume is definitely aromatherapy.

People are strange about "air space." They consider it part of their personal space, and they don't want others to intrude with smoke or fragrance. Some of them have fears regarding their health. Others feel repulsed by strong odors. It didn't always used to be this way in our society, but it is now. Hence, the trend toward "apologetic" fragrances. I don't like them. I like bold aromas. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, as long as nobody else is harmed, so we have to take our differences into consideration if we want to get along. There are times and places when it's okay to reek.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 21st December 2013 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    People are strange about "air space." They consider it part of their personal space, and they don't want others to intrude with smoke or fragrance. Some of them have fears regarding their health. Others feel repulsed by strong odors. It didn't always used to be this way in our society, but it is now. Hence, the trend toward "apologetic" fragrances. I don't like them. I like bold aromas. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, as long as nobody else is harmed, so we have to take our differences into consideration if we want to get along. There are times and places when it's okay to reek.
    working in a place where some people lobotomizes you with their alcoholic breath and assorted body odours raging from acrid sweat to stale piss I am often congratulated by my colleagues for my trail of scents!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    working in a place where some people lobotomizes you with their alcoholic breath and assorted body odours raging from acrid sweat to stale piss I am often congratulated by my colleagues for my trail of scents!
    Same here!