Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions for late present

Unfortunately I have almost no sense of smell and my partner is fully stocked up of her usual perfumes and so was hoping that someone with more knowledge than me could come up with a couple of suggestions that she may like based on her normal choices.

Her favourite perfumes at the moment are:

Ormonde Jayne - Osmanthus
    Chanel - No5
    Christian Dior - J'Adore
    Narciso Rodriguez - For Her

Her cheap & cheerful preference is Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue or Tocca Florence

Is there a common theme? Osmanthus and Florence were her latest two choices. Is there something that is in the same sort of space but not identical to what she already has? My choices have tended to come down to if I like the bottle or not in which case the Tom Ford Private Blend looks good to me but I dont which, if any, would fit her preferences.

Any suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Suggestions for late present

Tom Ford's Santal Blush might be nice.

Blog Entries

...or Jasmin Rouge...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Based on what she likes the Tom Ford I'd go with is Champaca Absolute. But that's a long shot certainly. Violet Blond might be a better choice, but it's not part of the Private Collection.

Choosing perfumes for another person is always so hard.

Ormonde Jayne does a full bath line of her scents, so since you know she likes Osmanthus, why don't you get her a shower gel, bath oil and the like of this perfume?

Alternatively, as others have said, I think she tends to gravitate towards sweet florals. In Ormonde Jayne, there's also Frangipani and Taif. Another excellent osmanthus is Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan. Personally, I don't think white florals are Tom Ford's strength, so I'd rather check elsewhere if you want to stick with a perfume. My floral favorite in the line would be Plum Japonaise, but it is darker, richer and woodier than the list of perfumes you've put down.

cacio

Many thanks for all the suggestions. She likes her perfumes but never a fan of the shower gels etc.

Ended up going with the suggestion of Jasmin Rouge which went down exceptionally well. Whilst I appreciate others may be better we are limited in what we can get here and Tom Ford is a bit of an exception (though the shop only brings in to prepaid orders)

Thanks all again

Blog Entries

Thanks for reporting back, lnsidelnsurance, glad to know she loved her gift!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.