Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 20 December 2013.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Vikt spray sample - Slumberhouse.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 20 December 2013.

Hi everyone,

Thrilled today to find out that Asher Fisch has joined WASO as Principle Conductor. The man is magic on the podium and has a most adorable mop of curls (okay geek moment over).

((sea roses)), ((30 Roses and mamaroses))

Elirzj you have some serious perfume karma to make up, your poor sister. Let me know your thoughts re Fleurs de citronniers.

Quarry smelling delicious in Shalimar. In OZ and NZ they love lawn, acres of it carpet suburbia. It’s likely okay in NZ but many parts of OZ are under almost permanent in water restrictions but still people are tied to their lawn.

Missing the lovely ErinK

Eau de Cologne for the dawn run and Fleurs d’Oranger for a dusk picnic at the outdoor movies this evening. Inspired by the all the jasmine and frangipanis that are in full bloom round my way.

Last edited by Xscent; 20th December 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Good morning!

Avignon for the last day at school before Christmas holidays
    Last edited by iodine; 20th December 2013 at 04:39 PM.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

I received a gift certificate to a boutique..I didn't see anything in the boutique that I wanted..they sold only one perfume there. A gardenia scent, lol..of all the luck, right? So, what the heck?, I put some on(keeping the gardenia distant from my nose, only applied on the wrists)..my husband liked it, it wasn't too horrible I guess, so I got it. So, sotd, Kai perfume oil. I'd say this is a must try for gardenia lovers/white floral lovers. I smell a bit of jasmine in there that breaks up the gardenia but only slightly, this is really a gard dominant scent. I got it mostly cause it reminded me slightly of TG by Lauder but TG is better imo...for my tastes...and again, my husband really liked so, there ya go.

Husband and I went to dinner for our 3 years of marriage. This x-vegetarian had the meatloaf, hubs had a burger. And we had, well, I had(husband doesn't like it) the best, darned, bread pudding ever. It had cranberries in it..drizzled with caramel. Not soggy! I hate soggy bread pudding, or too dry. This was just right. Cranberries are so much better than raisins for bread pudding I think, at least in this recipe. We liked our dinner.

Blog Entries

Morning all!

(((Sea Roses))) (((30 Roses & mom)))

Congrats on your anniversary kalli, your pudding sounds yummy!

Wearing Ghost today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thanks Teardrop, have you tried the Kai Oil? I thought of you when I got it.

Settling with plenty of Vega for the second day in a row, but I can smell some Tabac Blond already... just in time for my 'end of work year' celebrations.
    Best to all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Thanks Teardrop, have you tried the Kai Oil? I thought of you when I got it.
    l tried the Kai perfume, not the oil, but l agree with you; it's nice, but not as lovely as TG. Thanks for thinking of me!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

More hugs for ((((30Roses & mom)))) and ((((Searoses))))
    Jon thanks for stopping by with the beautiful pix. Sounds like a lovely time. :-*
    Happy anniversary, Kalli!

SOTD is Toni Gard for the office holiday luncheon later today. (Middle Eastern restaurant, yay!)

Wish you all a happy Friday. Xo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all,
    vintage,,

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 20 December 2013.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello all. Comme des Garcons 2.
    DONNA

Hello everyone!

Not so sunny this morning, but it's warm and dry enough to play so I'm in Quartz for tennis.

Y'all have a great day!

Happy Anniversary to kalli & Mr.k! I'm with you on the soggy bread pudding, but let me tell ya, when it's *good* I could eat it until I pop. We serve ours with bourbon or whiskey sauce, sometimes rum (...or brandy! hehe) but I bet that caramel sauce was yummy, specially with the cranberries. Sounds tasty and festive!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Sportissimo by Galimard
    (1857)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

In Sync in:

L'Eau d'Hiver by Frederic Malle

Happy Belated Anniversary kalli!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

queen of the universe

Xscent, glad to hear on this rainy cold day of blooms from the other hemisphere.

Practicing some Tchaikovsky (miniature piano pieces); Mauboussin seems right for the task.

A pleasant day to all.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Hi Folks--Raining here in Chicago. After the snow/deep freeze it's a welcome relief. Today: Histoires de Parfums 1876 Mata Hari.

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Xscent, glad to hear on this rainy cold day of blooms from the other hemisphere.

Practicing some Tchaikovsky (miniature piano pieces); Mauboussin seems right for the task.

A pleasant day to all.
    Jujy how lovely to be able to sit and play on a rainy day. Asher is conducting Tchaikovsky Symphony No.4 and he's going to be playing Mozart. He's also conducting Beethoven's nine symphonies over two weekends and thankfully I'll be back from holidays to attend them.

Happy anniversary kalli sounds like you had a wonderful time and congrats getting Kai. It's my friends signature scent on her it's the most divine heady mix of lush frangipani and jasmine.

Quarry rant away, I'm not a fan either. I have a garden of eatin' and one for smellin', both attract a myriad of birds and insects.

Cuir de Russie extrait this evening, lots of it. Night everyone.
    Last edited by Xscent; 20th December 2013 at 04:04 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

The daughter smelled good when she came over this morning to drop off Clay Kitty (he visits 2-3 times a week to reduce his boredom). She left a virtually empty sample vial of Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Forever.

(((30Roses))) Do not our trials make us more compassionate people? You have to believe there is some kind of benefit to all the stress.

What amazing, new-to-my-eyes NZ birds, Jon. The color scheme of that Silvereye, just heavenly.

Hey, Sea Roses, can we see the ring?
    Hmmm. I don't think there’s such a thing as bad bread pudding.
    For weeks I’ve been saying Marni’s top note is simply Pine-Sol incarnate. PS.jpg
    I disliked it, then learned to tolerate it, then started liking it for its weirdness as I associated it with a soon-to-follow spicy floral phase, which then shifts to almost nothingness, but that’s followed by a soft, dirty drydown. Then … DUN-DUN-DUN! … the other day, the Pine-Sol wasn't there. In its place, two new elements singing at the same time: lime and a good rose. It’s almost as if my nose-brain wiring was laying down new tracks. Interesting. Will pursue Marni exploration today.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Quarry smelling delicious in Shalimar. In OZ and NZ they love lawn, acres of it carpet suburbia. It’s likely okay in NZ but many parts of OZ are under almost permanent water restrictions but still people are tied to their lawn.
    A “lawn mentality” is, excuse the pun, a slippery slope. In every country where lawn has been introduced, it continues to expand exponentially, fragmenting habitat and causing “landscape illiteracy” (not being able to read the environment or even name its functioning parts). Lawn is the most irrational form of habitat destruction because it provides zero payback, whereas roads and farmlands supply benefits. I'll stop ranting here, but send thinkers to this statement and video.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Arquiste Anima Dulcis today for work party, and then will refresh most likely for an evening party.

kally, happy anniversary! Wow, this is a big change for a vegetarian (the meatloaf, not the marriage I have been a vegetarian for a long time and my spouse is a committed carnivore; we've had to negotiate a lot since we started sharing a kitchen.

I'm in Bottega Veneta today.

Cuir de Russie by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Settling with plenty of Vega for the second day in a row, but I can smell some Tabac Blond already... just in time for my 'end of work year' celebrations.
    Best to all
    An excellent couple of choices, if you don't mind me saying so Hope the celebrations go off with a bang.

Me, I'm in Shalimar - vintage extrait topped up with some new EdP, since I happened to be passing the Guerlain counter this afternoon ...

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    An excellent couple of choices, if you don't mind me saying so Hope the celebrations go off with a bang.

Me, I'm in Shalimar - vintage extrait topped up with some new EdP, since I happened to be passing the Guerlain counter this afternoon ...

Smelling divine yourself - thanks! ^^ How do you like the EdP?
    I'm reeking of Tabac Blond now.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling PdN Cologne Sologne today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Mrs Q / Jujy, something I neglected to mention - they also have a field with sheep and a large vegetable garden at the rear of the property so not all is non-productive grassy wastefulness . We have been sampling their fruit and veg which seems far superior to ours in the UK. Must be something in the soil .....
    Returned from the local market with a selection of potted honey (manuka, clover, thyme, lavender, rata). The clover is particularly stunning - my sister is using some for a lemon and honey cake, which will be served with sour cream.

Garden and surroundings have produced numerous visits from fantails - unbelievably tame and courageous, catching insects within inches of walking feet.

Coffee in an historic railway station today, followed by a visit to their old area for lunch and a wander by the Pacific.

Looks like a job for Erolfa.

Happy Anniversary, Kalli !
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 20th December 2013 at 06:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Draining my sample of lncense Rose this evening. l still don't get any rose from this one, but plenty of orangey spice. This should be called lncense Christmas, l think.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! I haven't posted for a few days, I told myself that I couldn't post until I was ready for our family Christmas this weekend, with all the cleaning and wrapping done. Well I underestimated the amount of time that would take, finally finished last night. This morning I had to make an extra trip to our nearest Macy's to exchange a gift that was sent here with the wrong initial on it. I had ordered 4 Kate Spade monogrammed mugs at the store earlier this week, they didn't have the letters I needed in the store, M,T,K and J. Well I got M,T,K and A in the mail yesterday. Wouldn't have been a big thing but our Macy's store is 2 hours away. Oh well, now I have the right one and can wrap the last package. My daughter is coming from the Duluth/Superior area today. She wanted to be here around noon, but her plans changed when she got mandated at work last night, so ended up working 2pm to 6am this morning. She's on her way now and I can't wait to see her!!!

Happy Anniversary, Kalli! Wishing you and Mr. K many more happy years together!

Xscent, you mentioned a couple of days ago about my husbands trip, that it should be my turn now. I actually had my trip before his, when I went to Chicago in October to meet up with the other BN members, to go perfume shopping. I told him I wanted to go to Chicago because I couldn't go the last two times, New Orleans and Las Vegas and I should probably go this time when I had the chance to. Well, he used that same line when he told me about his trip to Africa. Tricky, tricky man, lol.

Quarry, the animal in the picture was an Eland, which are around the size of a cow. I had to ask my husband because I had no idea what it was. Saw more pics last night, there were 9 in all. If I ever get to Africa, I want to see the animals, absolutely no desire to hunt them. He said the village people were happy though because it provides meat for them, so I guess there is one positive aspect.

Received a small bottle of Givenchy Amarige d'Amour in the mail this morning. Unfortunately, it had leaked slightly, it was a very good smelling package, it's also my SotA.

Have a great weekend, everyone! xoxo
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Blog Entries

Hi to all. Freezing rain predicted here in Arkansassy this weekend.
    Something cozy & sparkly.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Thanks so much guys, you all are so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by catnip_too View Post
    kally, happy anniversary! Wow, this is a big change for a vegetarian (the meatloaf, not the marriage I have been a vegetarian for a long time and my spouse is a committed carnivore; we've had to negotiate a lot since we started sharing a kitchen.
    Yes, I know! I still don't eat beef too often, so I kinda was surprised that I got the meatloaf...and ate it all up. I am assuming it was beef. My husband is a huge meat eater, so it was a bit of an adjustment buying meat at the store when we got married. So, he would buy it when I didn't want to..he'd prepare it and cook it as well. Sometimes I think about going back to being vegetarian, idk. I did try some vegan cookies recently..they had a bad aftertaste-fishy and soy milk powdery. I thought, now what in the world happened here? That was one thing I never game up was dairy.
    Last edited by kalli; 20th December 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I'm reeking of Tabac Blond now.
    *swoon* *smooch*

Lovely choice for the synch Mike, although whether you smell like an ice queen or a a big softie could be open to debate. *Smooch* to you too.

K, congrats, I enjoyed your dinner!

Quarry, I want me some o' that Marnie one now.

I'm synching in the weird and wonderful Lez Nez, The Unicorn Spell. I either smell like a frosty forest and crushed violets, or a green bean sorbet. Who cares, it's great.

Best to all.
    Last edited by Foustie; 20th December 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Happy anniversary Kalli and thanks for the nice words kind people. Lots of lovely fragrance today!

Still reeling a bit from the Boris Becker news and will have to make countless apologies for my outbursts to the Nolefamily elsewhere!

Can't get my profile or avatars right tonight which is a bit frustrating.......or photographs! My profile, avatars and everything is all messed up! Blaming it on Becker already!

Would love to have put up some photographs of some shops in Paris, you know the ones we love! There is a new shop Ex Nihilo and it hadn't opened but the owners were happy to let us photograph the shop. It was interesting as you can *boost* your fragrance (at a price) so if you want to up the rose or jasmine in a perfume around those notes you can...will try and get them up when the craziness calms a bit!

Madness seems to have set in here with the festive season......and people are getting two things, a copy of Nole's book and trying to think of appropriate perfumes......it's odd realising some people didn't really like what I consider *good perfume* and would prefer flower bomb! Then two months later they would say can you get that perfume with a strange name anywhere (meaning hint hint! ) . Finding this wrapping tedious so my fiance came to the rescue. Me was snappy and kept saying *oh for goodness sake just stick them in boxes and wrap a ribbon around them! *

Wore Indigo today by Magnetic scents and tonight wearing Silk by Andrea Maack.....think I should have bought craft instead...but it's interesting!

Hope you are all well and warm. Those who are dealing with difficult situations you have my prayers (and if you are not religious take them as good thoughts going your way)

Stay safe everybody and enjoy these precious moments with loved ones over the holiday season.

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Basenotes Plus

Happy anniversary, Kali!

Wore DSH's Sunny Yellow today in an effort to raise my spirits at work.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I'm wearing Chanel no5 today. Busy, busy, busy at work ... I guess people trying to fit in heart caths before the holidays. I don't think I'm going to be able to get all the baking done that I would like. We are supposed to be having our Christmas with my brother and sister this weekend, but the expected ice storm will make travel very difficult. So everything is on hold for now.

kalli, I LOVE bread pudding! It sounds really yummy with cranberries and caramel sauce. I don't like raisins, BTW.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thank you Sea Roses and RHM RHM, your avatar reminds me of Red Hots apple sauce, which I sometimes see around this time of year. I remember it being kinda tasty. It's all about the food this time of year, eh?.

Shades, I hate raisins in bread pudding, lol..but the cranberries worked.

Dolce Vita.

OH! and happy anniversary, kalli! I forgot to put that in my post!

Shades,

I say we both get together for Superbowl Sunday, eat bread pudding, spray ourselves with amber fumes and do a sample swap. I can also bring nachos and pizza!.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Shades,

I say we both get together for Superbowl Sunday, eat bread pudding, spray ourselves with amber fumes and do a sample swap. I can also bring nachos and pizza!.
    Now THAT sounds like a plan!