Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: New Bentley Azure

Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Bentley intense is similar to that in the photo which I regretted buying either 1 of them��
    Right, but all MPG bottles look the same, so it is hard to tell which scent you are talking about.

Bentley intense is similar to that in the photo which I regretted buying either 1 of them��
    Great. So it's 90% similar to a mystery MPG scent...thanks, good to know!

I haven't smelled Bentley intense, but the notes don't seem to match up to any mpg I've tried. I'm interested in hearing which one you find similar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Switch245 View Post
    I'm interested in hearing which one you find similar.
    I'm curious to know also as I have all the MPGs and the Bentley.

(1934)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

(1934)
    Off-topic I know, but do you have any favorites from the house? I own Ambre Precieux and have always been curious about their other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Off-topic I know, but do you have any favorites from the house? I own Ambre Precieux and have always been curious about their other stuff.
    My preferred are:

Ambre Precieux
    Parfum D'Habit
    Iris Bleu Gris
    Santal Noble
    Route De Vetiver

(1937)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Here's what it looks like, if anybody is interested.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Found this....

http://www.tfwaproductshowcase.com/u..._Final_ENG.pdf

Apparently not released until March, 2014. It's not even on their own website yet.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ciaga-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Windsor by Creed

Default New Bentley Azure

(1934)
    MAITRE PARFUMEUR ET GANTIER AMBRE PRECIEUX - I find it similar to Bentley intense. What do you think.

Last edited by iMac; 22nd December 2013 at 12:37 AM.

MAITRE PARFUMEUR ET GANTIER AMBRE PRECIEUX - I find it similar to Bentley intense. What do you think.
    I guess our noses must be a bit different as I don't get the likeness you do.

(1946)

I guess our noses must be a bit different as I don't get the likeness you do.

(1946)
    I agree my nose is not sharp as I am a heavy smoker but I do get high similarities between them.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I agree my nose is not sharp as I am a heavy smoker but I do get high similarities between them.
    Me 2 but no connection between the 2

Bentley Azure is my most eagerly awaited 2014 release. Tempering the formula with the added freshness of the tea mid note sounds most interesting.
    Last edited by stanmar; 22nd December 2013 at 06:02 AM.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Basenotes Plus

So now there are two sporty or aquatic type fragrances I can't wait to try... Encre Noir Sport, and Bentley Azure. I love the original Encre Noir and Bentley Intense, so I'm having high hopes these two new releases will be also good.
    Currently wearing: Odoon by Pekji

Have a feeling I'll be getting my hands on the Lalique before the Bentley but anticipating the arrival of both with guarded excitement.

(1952)

Bentley for Men Intense was my favorite new release for 2013. I will give Azure a sample for that reason alone.

Don't find them very much alike. However, I do see some similarities between Bentley and Ambre Sultan, and a slight similarity between Ambre Sultan and Ambre Precieux. So maybe by way of extension.....you're not completely crazy.

By the way, MPG really needs to change the look of their bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

By the way, MPG really needs to change the look of their bottles.
    They have already done it once, if you consider their going from the serrated 90ml bottles to the smooth 100ml bottles but not for the better IMO.

(1999)
    Last edited by hednic; 23rd December 2013 at 03:01 PM.

My preferred are:

Ambre Precieux
    Parfum D'Habit
    Iris Bleu Gris
    Santal Noble
    Route De Vetiver

(1937)
    All great selections. I love MPG's. In response to Bentley Intense smelling similar to a MPG I haven't found one that is similar but I haven't tried all of them just yet so one may be lurking that has a similar vibe.

It seems Bentley is getting ready to launch this next month.

The promo for it is now added on their website : http://www.bentley-fragrances.com/fr...-for-men-azure
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I am so waiting for this one; never thought i would be so keen on waiting for a car-brand fragrance. Hopefully at the same price or lower (bought Bentley Intense for 38 euros in December from a german site - through a friend from there, so no idea if they ship worldwide - iparfumerie.de if it helps anyone).

The pricing seems reasonable also for a scent in that genre. Looking forward to it.

(3722)

Those two smell nothing alike IMO.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Those two smell nothing alike IMO.
    I agree

Bump on this also, I am all things Bentley lately! Love the Intense.

Anyone try this too? There is one review here, one "website" review where it was flamed, and very little on Fragrantica. Would enjoy hearing from some BN'ers who have tried it.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I have a sample of it. To me it smells somewhat like Chanel Platinum Egoiste but not as good.

Generic and boring.

Have seen this pop up on Ebay but hasn't been a priority for me. The prices seemed overly inflated for this flanker. Hopefully they will drop to more reasonable levels.

Can be purchased on Fragrancenet.com for $39.00
    Have seen this pop up on Ebay but hasn't been a priority for me. The prices seemed overly inflated for this flanker. Hopefully they will drop to more reasonable levels.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Can be purchased on Fragrancenet.com for $39.00
    That's reasonable enough for this - Thanks!