Code of Conduct

Thread: Bath products

Default Bath products

Which bath products do you have to match your scents?

I have many:

Shalimar
    Samsara
    Insolence
    Chanel No. 19
    Mugler Angel
    Habanita
    Salavatore Ferragamo Femme
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Bath products

I have

Angel body Cream
    Feminite du Bois(original Shiseido version) body cream
    Opium body cream

To be honest I prefer neutral body products but the about three smell just as good as using a perfume.
    DONNA

I don't seek them out but I have a few l'artisan parfumeur, le labo & Amouage.

Like Donna I prefer nondescript shower gels.

for swap/sale:

None! I bathe in almond oil + essential oil (ylang-ylang is a favorite) once a week and other than that, prefer neutral stuff.

No. 5 soap is my favourite - the bars are nicely milled, moisturising and well scented. Always well stocked with these.
    Habit Rouge soap I find so-so scent-wise.
    Mitsouko soap (vintage) - I've a few bars. Oakmossy goodness.
    Chanel Pour Monsieur shower gel - fine, but I'm not a gel kinda guy. Sometimes use it when travelling.
    Chanel Cuir de Russie soap (vintage) - picked up a few vintage bars earlier this year. I'm not sure age has been kind to them.

I love bath oils. Le Labo has the full range (esp patch and iris). Ormonde Jayne too (Tolu is warm and rich). Le labo also has body creams, but they are quite strong, so one has to match the perfume there, or use them at night etc.

I use showergels less, but concur that No 5 is excellent. Antaeus too (though it doesn't smell exactly like the perfume).

cacio

I'm like you Primrose - I adore bath products and consider the really nice ones such a luxury. Bath oils are a favorite, but I especially love the after-bath products, like bath powder, body cream and lotion ...dry oil is another favorite, but if nothing else I'll at least get a body cream or lotion, when available. I've got them for Chanel (Chanel bath and body products are generally excellent) Coco, No5, and No19, Guerlain Chamade, L'Instant and Shalimar Parfum Initial, Amouage Lyric Woman, Gucci No1, Ungaro Diva, Estée Lauder Knowing, Youth Dew and Private Collection, Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte, Angel ...I could go on, but that's off the top of my head.

Of course if I don't have any products to match to a particular perfume, I'll just use softly scented or non-scented products, but like a lot of you, I'm a bit indifferent when it comes to shower gels. They're nice, but they're really just about the enjoyable shower experience since they don't tend to last on skin.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 21st December 2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

So far, only the more easily available, comparatively affordable matched scented products (David Beckcham, Christian Lacroix for Avon, Yves Rocher, 4711, Capucci etc.), but far more outweighed by unscented/lightly scented bath products.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 22nd December 2013 at 04:33 PM.

Blog Entries

The best one I have is the Estée Lauder - Youth Dew bath oil. Evidently it was first made in this form. It's divinely luxurious and scents the whole room.

I do not use matching body products. Right now my favorite bathing product is Tangerine scented African Black Soap. It's a liquid soap I got at Whole Foods. I've used up several large bottles.

Thank you all for the kind comments. I use bath gels because the delightful scents last only during the bathing. I can use another scent directly afterward. Scented lotions, on the other hand, do carry a good bit of perfume oil.

I also use unscented soaps.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I like BBW Black Amethyst to "match " Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Blog Entries

Default Bath products

For the shower I have recently treated myself to Rancé soaps. My favorites are; Freesia & ​Jasmine Royale.
    Last edited by kumquat; 23rd December 2013 at 09:46 PM.