Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 21 December 2013.

Hi everyone, hopefully a happy Solstice in the north of the world!

Aedes EdP.

Blog Entries

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 21 December 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi everyone, hopefully a happy Solstice in the north of the world!

Aedes EdP.
    I'm wearing Himalaya! Top of the world!

Seriously, happy NH Winter Solstice to everybody up here, and happy Summer Solstice to you down-under folks.

Happy Solstice everybody!

Tabac by AbdesSalaam Attar today.

Enjoy your weekend
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Good point, Red - it's early yet!

Happy Solstice everyone!
    Last edited by lpp; 21st December 2013 at 09:16 AM.

Good morning, enjoy your weekend!
    vintage EDP,,,,
    Last edited by easyfish; 21st December 2013 at 08:40 AM.

Happy solstice everyone! Still blindingly bright and warm at a little pass 6pm down under.

Last of the festive celebrations this evening with teppanaki at Nobu. I’m mesmerised by the skill of the teppanyaki chef, but not enough that I forget to eat.

Une Fleur de Cassie for today and vintage No.5 parfum and EdC for tonight. Just for fun I have the modern No.5 on on hand and the vintage on the other. The ylang is much more pronounced in the modern and even though the entire feel is still No.5, the vintage is a noticeable fuller and richer experience. Heaven.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 21 December 2013.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello all. Caron Nuit de Noel extract.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Etro Ambra for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy Solstice! Wearing a warm spritz of Cinnabar and
    packing to go to Norfolk for the weekend.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Comme des Garçons 2 Man and winter greetings to all this warm winter solstice morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Eutopie No. 6 by Eutopie

(1923)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Picked up my dad at the airport in a cloud of Jicky EdP. Tonight for a lovely dinner out I'll be in plenty of Tabac Blond again. It's hitting just THE right spot now.
    Best to all

You'll smell wonderful for a lovely dinner with Dad, Larimar - enjoy your evening!

The party's here tonight, and I'm expecting thirty, or so, guests at 8:00, and naturally I have a lot to get done before then. I wanted something with backbone, so I'm in vintage Halston for the day ....don't know about the evening yet, but something festive is a must.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Hi & a happy solstice to all!

l got a soaking walking both to & from work today. Seriously, the weather here is foul; dark clouds, heavy rain & howling winds. l wore Encens Flamboyant for work, & this evening l'm battening down the hatches to watch the Strictly final with Mr teardrop, in L'Heure Bleue.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Good luck to everyone with family/guest plans today/tonight.
    Hearing all of you talk now I wish I had planned something at my apartment for the holidays. Oh well...next year.

Got to bed too too late so I woke up late, ate my breakfast, cleaned up the apartment & took a shower. I need to meditate & then it's off to Walgreens for more wrapping paper & ribbons (I ran out last night). I'm having lunch with a new friend and then maybe a mid-day nap by the pool (it's a sunny 80 degrees here in Miami) will be in order.

Vetiver Shower Gel & Eau de Cologne by Guerlain

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Soltice
    Salutations,
    Scentmates!

Returning to my decant of PG Cadjmere 18 to see if it might be bottle-worthy. It could still go either way.
    I am so done with life's miscellaneous demands. Will spend the afternoon watching Netflix with my honey whilst perusing Yves Rocher site. Haven't gotten any of their things in quite a while and feel like treating myself.

Hugs, dear souls.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy Solstice! The official start of winter. The shortest day. The point when the sun is furthest south (from N hemisphere perspective). Xscent, how did you manage that lovely pic? Mikeperez, I'm off to meditate, too. We should talk ohms (oops, oms) sometime, or start a thread: Perfumes for Meditators.

This morning, undecided about which scent to put on and not wanting to risk another 2-hour disappointment, I reached for my Demeters and splashed Wet Garden over me. Ah, bliss! TTYL

Bel Respiro by Chanel

Hello all! I'm being reunited with my sweet man today after being apart two weeks. Oh how I've missed him! For the occasion, I've layer Jo Malones Saffron Cologne Intense with Velvet Rose Cologne intense. Still trying to decide whether I need FBs of these two. Happy Solstice to all.

queen of the universe

Continuing my Basenotes Friends Appreciation sniff with two from dear mumsy:

•To my right, mysore sandalwood oil, pure as can be, reminiscent of those sandalwood fans that could be bought cheap at an import store.

•To my left, heliotrope oil; all I can think is "Lucretia Borgia bakes a pie"—cherry, cherry, cherry and cyanide—les delicieux dangereux! (my invented French)

•On my right forearm, the two blended, forming an interesting foundation; add an aldehydic or citric top note, and I'd have a full-fledged 'fume!

Will listen to the Paul Winter COnsort's Winter Solstice convert on the radio, an annual tradition, broadcast live from the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine in Morningside Heights, NYC.

Happy long days to the my friends in the southern hemisphere, and a beautiful long night to all of us to the north.

20121129-045548-320591.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Solstice to all!

My honey is nearly home. Long drive up from the south, right through all the severe weather.

My daughter might need a new bed for Christmas. Her frame is falling apart.

SOTD is Caron Nuit de Noel edt & extract.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

A late day hello to all!

Busy these days. Have spent the last 2 days looking at cars with our daughter, who turned 18 today!

This morning she was on the verge of paying for a car she'd test driven, had checked by our mechanic and kept overnight (2007 Suzuki SX4 AWD) but decided the driver's seat was not comfortable enough after all. It's her money, she gets to decide!

We have some more dealerships we plan to visit Sunday and Monday, but on Monday my cat is also scheduled for surgery. The abscess on his upper hind leg that never fully heals has broken open for the third time in 7 months, and the vet is now thinking there may be a tumor underlying. To add to the craziness of the day, my mother's new recliner is to be delivered sometime between 11 and 2-- so I have to be there, as well as get Maintenance to remove the old one (they seem to need multiple reminders to get anything done.) And finally I have to bring the cat home-- with a cone type collar, which makes him miserable and basically immobile.

We'll be enjoying birthday cake later-- her favorite, chocolate cake with homemade peppermint icing.

Have a peaceful weekend, all who can-- and a safe weekend, all who are running around as we are.

Jo Malone's: Saffron Cologne Intense layered with Lime, Basil and Mandarine during the day. Tonight for art reception: Amouage's Gold Woman. Cheers! Happy Solstice!

Hope all of today's reunions were wonderful. I'm to bed with Tom Malone Santal Blush on my left hand and Slumberhouse Pear + Olive on my right. Remind me never to do that again. Nite all.