Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Myrrhe Imperiale - Armani Prive

I gave this a proper wearing today & I surprised that the myrrh almost non-existent.

It starts out with a sweet benzoin & vanilla accord topped with a teeny bit of saffron.

Some time into it & the very mild pepper note replaces the saffron.

Remains so until the end where it's a big fat generic amber accord.

The myrrh is almost non-existent throughout.

I'm very disappointed because the Prive line has generally been bold.

Look at Ambre Soie, Bois d'Encens, Cuir Amethyste & others.

I don't mean they need to be loud or strong. But where's the myrrh?

Armani wasn't shy with the violets & birch in Cuir Amethyste or the rose & oud or the plethora of frankincense in Bois d'Encens.

Suddenly they've become bland with their compositions?
    Even reserved , minimalistic, transparent & ethereal would be ok.

But Myrrh Imperiale is plain bland.

Or are they targeting another clientele segment?

Has anyone tried this?

Giorgio Armani's Myrrhe Impériale is a captivating, incense-like fragrance that evokes the atmosphere of oriental palaces. Myrrh and benzoin, two precious and natural ingredients, envelop the skin in distinctive notes. Myrrh is known for its musky, warm and smoky notes, whilst benzoin releases the scent of an incredibly balanced and smooth accord of milky vanilla.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: Myrrhe Imperiale - Armani Prive

I sampled this a couple of weeks ago, and I had the feeling it reminded me of something..
    Couldnt shake the feeling and I had to brief through my bottles, and I finally found it.
    This is a tad more classy,teeny bit less sweet version of Balmains Ambre Gris, which costs a fraction of what Armani is asking. I actually have Ambre Gris, so I cant say its a bad scent. But they are scary similar I tell you, and recommend a comparison , just for fun.
    AG is generic, but smells really nice. Nice-nice and polite. Havent used it in a while but I remember thinking its a good everyday scent when I bought it. The kind of bottle you leave at work, just in case.
    Think its correct to assume its marketing towards a new kind of client. Which I doubt want to pay this price btw.

I cannot understand this release.

Were they in a hurry to get it ready in time for the debut of a new Armani boutique somewhere in the world?

It is a filler.

Look at Armani Privé Les Éditions Couture series. The epitome of niche.
    La Femme Bleue
    La Femme Nacre
    Nuances

for swap/sale:

I'll agree with you, hedonist, taking into account that I only tried it on paper, not on skin. I did keep the paper strip for about a week, though, to see how it changed over time. It didn't make a very favorable impression.

It just seemed kind of nondescript to me. Nice, but generic and bland. No oomph whatsoever. I too expect more character, especially since here in Saudi it costs a bit more than the others in the line.

I own this and have only worn it once since I have received it and although I can't dissect a scent and pick out notes unfortunately like you guys it smells nice to me. I guess I'm not attuned to what you feel should have been picked up rather easily - myrrh.

(1931)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Tried this today on my skin, and i have to agree with you Hedonist.

All i could smell was Benzoin with maybe a hint of myrrhe in the opening stages, but it disappeared quickly and i was left with a very bitter loud Benzoin accord.

I was seriously considering blind buying this because i love Myrrhe. Glad i tested it !
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Default Thoughts on Myrrhe Imperiale from the Armani Prive line?

Anyone here own it/tried it? Thoughts?

Default Re: Thoughts on Myrrhe Imperiale from the Armani Prive line?

I own it and I love it. Some have voiced their disappointment that they can't really detect much myrrh in it. My nose isn't as sharp as others but to me I do detect something like a myrrh note even though it's not overpowering. Lucky that I was able to get a bottle of this from abroad as it's still not available in the US.
    Last edited by hednic; 21st February 2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I own FB and I really enjoy it.
    It has a distinct myrrh note with benzoin and vanilla.

Smells very natural , luxury and comforting.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
    I own FB and I really enjoy it.
    It has a distinct myrrh note with benzoin and vanilla.

Smells very natural , luxury and comforting.
    Sorry, what does FB stand for?

Ok cool, thanks for sharing! Well I have a sample on the way already, so I will have to see for myself. If I don't like it I will probably go with Bois d'ecenc.

Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse View Post
    Sorry, what does FB stand for?
    Full bottle.
    You'll also see FBW which stands for full bottle worthy. As opposed to procuring a decant.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Full bottle.
    You'll also see FBW which stands for full bottle worthy. As opposed to procuring a decant.
    Ahhh! Thank you for clarifying.

This is one of my most favourite recent FB purchases. It's deep, rich, smoky and slightly bitter and although I don't have that many myrrh centric fragrances, I understand that is exactly what myrrh is supposed to smell like. What Armani has done is add a level of richness with a heavy dose of amber and some vanilla. To be honest this actually has the overall effect of combining the best of all of Armani's Thousand and One Nights Collection into one fragrance. I love this one.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

We'll merge this thread with the previous one.
    Thanks!

Since posting this a colleague of mine, who loves the prive line, has picked one up & regularly wears it.

It's pleasant but they myrrh is muted.

If you're craving myrrh, this may not quench your proverbial thirst.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    This is one of my most favourite recent FB purchases. It's deep, rich, smoky and slightly bitter and although I don't have that many myrrh centric fragrances, I understand that is exactly what myrrh is supposed to smell like. What Armani has done is add a level of richness with a heavy dose of amber and some vanilla. To be honest this actually has the overall effect of combining the best of all of Armani's Thousand and One Nights Collection into one fragrance. I love this one.
    Makes me even more excited to test my incoming sample! I also ordered a sample of bois d'ecenc to test side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Since posting this a colleague of mine, who loves the prive line, has picked one up & regularly wears it.

It's pleasant but they myrrh is muted.

If you're craving myrrh, this may not quench your proverbial thirst.
    I don't necessarily need heavy myrrhe. If it is a very nice scent it is good enough for me! But if it has a lot of detectable vanilla, I probably won't like it enough for a full bottle purchase, but we shall see!

I will try this for sure...

For those who don't already have this Stateside, now being carried by Nieman Marcus. Previously only available in Europe.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Giorgio-...&cmCat=product

Have this and Love this!!!

I tried this today and loved it. It's a shame that I don't know what myrrh smells like. Now it's on my fall purchase list.
    Last edited by ejisoo; 27th April 2014 at 10:02 PM.

I blind bought this a few months back. It's one of those where I wasn't sure about it at first, but like it more and more each time I smell it. And like most fo the Armani Prive scents, it has really good longevity. Quite a unique and interesting scent.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

My Sotd today... This is Fantastic!!! This proves to me that I must always sample for myself... If I would have listened to all of the negative reviews I would have passed this up... This is amazing!!!

I resampled this today. It is nice. It reminds me of another perfume but I can't work out which one yet.
    http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/13449822&t=totry&s=n

I am not impressed the Armani prives save for Bois d'encens and Rose d'Arabie.
    Was not impressed with Myrrhe Imperiale either.

Prada Amber pour Homme Intense has a very nice Myrrh note, which I like.
    Another very good one I find is Dior's Bois D'Argent which has a beautiful Myrna and honey note.
    Last edited by vinramani09; 28th April 2014 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejisoo View Post
    It's a shame that I don't know what myrrh smells like.
    Myrrh could be interpreted as camphorous, medicinal and somewhat creamy in high concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by Arij View Post
    Myrrh could be interpreted as camphorous, medicinal and somewhat creamy in high concentration.
    This stuff's sweet, though. I quite like it as a cozy scent, but the connection to myrrh is tenuous. The connection to sugar, however, is pretty apparent! It's certainly a myrrh-inspired scent (and I totally get myrrh in it), but it veers off into sugar-land pretty fast.

It's actually supposed to be a mashup of Bois d'Encens and (the discontinued) Ambre Orient. It was brought in, in part, to replace AO.