Code of Conduct

Default La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum

So La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum arrived today. On the bottom of the bottle on the sticker or w/e, it says "EAU DE PARFUM", yet it has Le Parfum in the name of it?

Is Le Parfum just another way of saying Eau de Parfum, or something?
    (Formerly Jouho)

Default Re: La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum

I saw that and was confused about that after I bought it and got it home too. I think it might actually be an EDP concentration but called "Le Parfum" but I am not sure. If it is in fact a parfum, so much the better.

(1939)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Le parfum : EDP ...Great spicy scent ...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I think it is an EDP. It's nice, but I prefer the EDT just a little better. It seems to have better performance on my skin. Regardless, it's a great one!

There might be something of a misnomer or at least, a slight naming confusion: while it is called Le Parfum, its concentration may most likely be defined/categorized/rated as EDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    There might be something of a misnomer or at least, a slight naming confusion: while it is called Le Parfum, its concentration may most likely be defined/categorized/rated as EDP.
    This.

Thanks for the responses.
    (Formerly Jouho)

I think it is just part of the name/title, ... Le Parfum, and it is an EDP. I do prefer it to the original, which I also like very much. I also had the Frozen cologne but it was plenty of the same, really, so I traded it for a bottle of Miss Dior Originale, which by and odd trick of my nose, I suppose, reminds me what Eau Sauvage used to be, I mean, a lot of moss. Please, before the stones fly, have anyone tried that?

Hmm, on the sticker of my 2010 flacon, it says Parfum / Perfume...

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Hmm, on the sticker of my 2010 flacon, it says Parfum / Perfume...
    Arg, what the heck.. Can you post a picture?

With mine:

According to CheckFresh, 2011-12

But according to checkcosmetic, April 2011

Hrm..
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 22nd December 2013 at 04:47 AM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Here we go...

Here we go...
    Hm, thank you. I'm gonna try to contact YSL.

Actually, might be the 2nd time about the same/'same' product type regarding the concentration/what it's considered or w/e. If I get any responses, I'll update the thread, .
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 22nd December 2013 at 05:28 AM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Safe to say it is a marketing ploy to gain our attention. The top hitter in La Nuit family needs few other words to describe it. Most of the general public would not know the difference nor care of this naming inaccuracy in technical terms .
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Well the pics don't lie so I guess the mystery will linger a bit longer.

(1963)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Interesting. I'm curious if they will answer your question by mail.

My bottle also has 'Parfum' on it, but as we discussed back in 2010-2011, this was more of an EDT than anything else, around/below 10%.
    This fragrance pretty much disappeared during 2012 until fall this year, and current bottles have different packaging; I bet it has been reformulated or at least they increased concentration for the relaunch to more than 10%, in other words, the difference may be less than 2%.

Does start very fruity?
    There were different batches back then, first ones were the sweeter ones, and later ones had a more classy lavender vibe.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Exactly like mine, same batch number. By the way, how does one post a photo here? Thanks ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Arg, what the heck.. Can you post a picture?

With mine:

According to CheckFresh, 2011-12

But according to checkcosmetic, April 2011

Hrm..

It is a bit odd the batch number has only 4 letters, as all my YSL, while all my L'Homme family members and RG have a combination of letters and numbes. But Body Kouros has only 4 letters...
    Here we go...

December 23, 2013

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your interest in La Nuit De L'Homme Le Parfum Eau De Parfum.

We do not offer "parfum"; La Nuit De L'Homme Le Parfum Eau De Parfum is sold exclusively through Bloomingdale's.

The primary difference between products is the percentage of concentrated fragrance oil in the finished solution and, on some occasions, the addition of a small amount of water in the final alcoholic solution. Perfumes are stronger; they vary from 20% to 45%. Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum are between 6% to 15%.

We appreciate your interest in YSL fragrances.

Sincerely,
    Georgia
    Advocate, Consumer Care Center
    Ref # 7218494
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 23rd December 2013 at 09:29 PM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Could it be that one is fake ?, Just looking at the batch codes for each one, both have different formats. Most unusual.

Pic. 1 - 62HD04
    Pic 2. - DEAB

It might be a good idea to contact YSL directly and verify exactly the correct format for authentic le Parfum bottles.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    Could it be that one is fake ?, Just looking at the batch codes for each one, both have different formats. Most unusual.

Pic. 1 - 62HD04
    Pic 2. - DEAB

It might be a good idea to contact YSL directly and verify exactly the correct format for authentic le Parfum bottles.
    With CheckFresh...

62HD04:

DEAB:

With checkcosmetic...

62HD04:

DEAB:

So.. no dates come up with DEAB, but two different dates come up with 62HD04, with the two websites.

easyfish, how did you acquire the bottle?

Disregard the DEAB stuff, might be 0EAB, not DEAB.
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 24th December 2013 at 09:46 PM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

To calm your nerves, the code is 0EAB -> May 2010 ;-)