Code of Conduct
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Default Any news for Serge Lutens Exclusive going to release as Export for 2014! Any guesses?

Happy holidays!

Any news for Serge Lutens Exclusive going to release as Export for 2014! Any guesses?

I would love to see these scents becomes export bottles:

- Iris Silver Mist

- Sarrasin

- La Myrrhe

- Chene, I always want to try this one
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Default Re: Any news for Serge Lutens Exclusive going to release as Export for 2014! Any guesses?

Think there has been a lot of requests for Iris Silver Mist......but you never know which way this will go.

The four you mention Wit are all stunning.

There are now 6 overlaps between The bell jars and export line......what I would like is another..........Fille en aiguilles.

Isn't there another perfume and another water due in the next months?
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Default Re: Any news for Serge Lutens Exclusive going to release as Export for 2014! Any guesses?

For some reason I have the idea that Lutens is no longer doing this, annually placing one of the Paris exclusives into the export line. I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.

I hope I'm wrong. Lutens is one of my favorite houses and I've acquired a number of great frags over the years because of this policy. I would definitely like to see Sarrasins, La Myrrh, or Iris Silver Mist offered.

Does anyone have any info about it?

Basenotes Plus

Any or all of these beauties: Sarrasins, La Myrrh, or Iris Silver Mist.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I also heard that this had been discontinued. I hope they reinstitute the practice though.

I didn't realize they were temporarily exports! Soo upset I missed out on a 50ml of Borneo 1834. I know you can get a bell jar but 75ml and a dabber aren't practical for me.

If anyone has a 50ml of Borneo they're open to parting with please PM me!
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    I didn't realize they were temporarily exports! Soo upset I missed out on a 50ml of Borneo 1834. I know you can get a bell jar but 75ml and a dabber aren't practical for me.

It was available on the Lutens website recently but is now temporarily unavailable. Keep checking, it may come back!

^ good to know, thanks!

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I'm the one who said that since launching the exclusives in Paris they've ceased the limited annual release.

Terrible.

for swap/sale:

MC

some stores still probably have stock. Places like Barney's NYC or Aedes should carry the line and may have bottles.

cacio

The Tout Noir travel atomiser takes the place of the exclusive-as-export bottle. This year's scents are Iris Silver Mist and Fourreau Noir.

Chêne had previously been released as export before, so I doubt it would be slated for export again anytime soon.

oh, Iris Silver Mist?! like in a 50ml sprayer? game on....

(I checked Aedus already and no Borneo stock, will call around to Saks/Neimans/Bergdorfs, etc and check too, thanks guys).

(I checked Aedus already and no Borneo stock, will call around to Saks/Neimans/Bergdorfs, etc and check too, thanks guys).
    No in 20ml. Tout noir travel spray.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    No in 20ml. Tout noir travel spray.
    The Tout Noir travel spray ("le vaporisateur tout noir") comes as 2 refills of 30ml with a black lacquered case.

See link: http://us.sergelutens.com/purchase/l...tout-noir.html

Yes, at the moment Silver Iris Mist is in the le vaporisateur travel case with two refills. But once you use them if you want more you have to buy the case and refills again.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    some stores still probably have stock. Places like Barney's NYC or Aedes should carry the line and may have bottles.
    They've recently expanded distribution; the bell jars are now available for purchase in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    They've recently expanded distribution; the bell jars are now available for purchase in LA.
    I don't understand their pricing on the bell jars. 100% more money for 50% more fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I think the pricing for bell jars being distributed in the US is too high, compared to the original pricing in Europe. This accounts for why many SL lovers in the US are fed up with the situation. But other than flying to Paris or getting someone to buy back from Paris, there is no other convenient way, other than to accept the high prices. Some people will.

For the ephemerals (exclusives-turn-export) like Bornéo 1834, some online retailers like FragranceX has stock occasionally (grey market?), so it may be worth staking out these sites, and the price is really good too.

Fourreau Noir & Iris Silver Mist might have been considered to be released as export line via the travel spray form. Since I do not like travel spray at all, hope this trend is not continued. I'm so looking forward to the next exclusive to be exported since Tubereuse Crimninelle is the only good thing happens to the export line overloaded with uninspiring and repetitive releases recently