Code of Conduct

Default Just sampled Aventus

After finally finding a sample on eBay here in Australia it was time to test what has been labeled as one of the most hype fragrances.
    As I was hoping this sample was a sprayer it turned out it was a splash on. The opening smells like apple/pineapple infused Vodka to me. It becomes very smokey after 10 seconds which could put people off. Dry down is easily the best part as there is a slight subtle vanilla which adds sweetness.
    Has anyone sampled Cedrat Boise by Mancera? Reviews say it smells almost identical to Aventus but without the smokey vibe and at half the price ($150 AU) I have become really interested as I'm not willing to pay a high 300 for Aventus as much as I love the smell I cannot afford to dish out that type of money on a fragrance at the moment.

Default Re: Just sampled Aventus

I own Cedrat Boise by Mancera as well Aventus, and it does to my nose bear a very slight resemblance but IMO not as much as others feel though. Perhaps you can get yourself a sample of the Mancera and then compare with Aventus to see what you think.

(2082)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by themessiah View Post
    Has anyone sampled Cedrat Boise by Mancera? Reviews say it smells almost identical to Aventus but without the smokey vibe and at half the price ($150 AU) I have become really interested as I'm not willing to pay a high 300 for Aventus as much as I love the smell I cannot afford to dish out that type of money on a fragrance at the moment.

It's not identical to Aventus, but it's similar. Instead of pineapple, they use black currant, so there's a bit of a difference right there. It's not smokey like Aventus either, and overall it feels sweeter. However, the wood notes are very similar and it has a fresh, fruity top like Aventus. While there's an immediate similarity, they're different enough.

I think I prefer Aventus, though Cedrat Boise would probably be more comfortable to wear on a day to day basis. Aventus kind of annoys me if I wear it too much. Cedrat Boise is more mellow.

I agree with Hednic's suggestion to sample both and see which you prefer.

Yes, Aventus is very expensive. Best to find a comparable substitute that you like.

I've grown to like the smoky aspect of Aventus.
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 26th December 2013 at 06:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I've grown to like the smokey aspect of Aventus.
    That's my favorite part, actually. That and the blackcurrant, which is really, really nice in Aventus.

Looking forward to trying out my sample.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Jaguar Vision is a great alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    That's my favorite part, actually. That and the blackcurrant, which is really, really nice in Aventus.
    Yes, and YES!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Actually, you can purchase Aventus on Fragrancenet for much less than $300.00

I'm trying on Aventus for the first time today, actually. Small world and many coincidences!

Anyway, agreed: citrus open that lasted maybe 5 minutes on me, then a smoky cedar hits for another 20. After about 45 minutes later, it's gentled itself to a smoky, citrus, creamy mix.

I actually like Aventus a lot more than I thought I would. I guess the hype is for a reason.

Never heard of it.

another Aventus thread lol

Mancera Cedrat Boise is actually my SotD. Has some obvious similarities to Aventus, but is not the same. It does have great longevity like Aventus - I would highly recommend a try.

But like I always say, if you really like X, you should just get X. Even if you need to save a little longer, or get in on a split, or even (if you MUST), get from online grey market seller or ebay (from someone who is very reputable, etc).