Code of Conduct

Default Real vs Fake Bleu de Chanel

There are a lot of fakes out there.

http://youtu.be/k68NishIojA

Default Re: Real vs Fake Bleu de Chanel

Some good info there, unfortunately some bad too. The person in the video says shes never received an authentic bottle from eBay, which is funny because I've bought dozens, and never gotten a fake. It's simple, buy only from sellers with a high feedback rating, and you won't get a fake. If you're paying $50 for a bottle of Chanel, from a seller with a low/negative feedback rating, there's a good chance you'll get a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Some good info there, unfortunately some bad too. The person in the video says shes never received an authentic bottle from eBay, which is funny because I've bought dozens, and never gotten a fake. It's simple, buy only from sellers with a high feedback rating, and you won't get a fake. If you're paying $50 for a bottle of Chanel, from a seller with a low/negative feedback rating, there's a good chance you'll get a fake.
    +1 listen to him cause I got almost 100 bottles from eBay.

Good advice. To me Bleu De Chanel is pretty generic, but because of the name I guess there will be fakes, it's not that expensive either.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Chanel is the most faked frag..
    80 bucks is expensive to the casual male buyer that buys twice a year..
    I have also bought many legit bottles from the Bay

I wouldn't buy from EBay Or Amazon independent sellers unless their ratings are Amazing ; saying that I will like to comment that Chanel's are not sold by credible sellers like fragrancenet because Chanel's has BOA constrictor Hold on its perfumes such as CAEB, Bleu etc .... out of all the designer houses on market they run as tight a ship as you can but admit they are fakes creeping up but far in between on them...IMHO, this one house , I would suggest going to Sephoras or get it here from The Sellers market @basenotes or better yet directly from chanel or Bergdorff or Neiman's .....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Can't know for sure if you're going to get a fake even from a trustworthy seller, but hopefully if you're careful and do your research prior to buying, you'll come out on the winning end. To this day to my knowledge, I have yet to receive a fake fragrance from Ebay. So, I guess I'm lucky.

(2093)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Agree that you should only buy from sellers with a very high rating when buying online. I also suggest buying from a store when you can (I would rather pay a little more for Chanel at the store than saving $20 - $30 by getting it on ebay, but that's just me).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    There are a lot of fakes out there.

http://youtu.be/k68NishIojA
    OMG - she used "boughten"! I'm in love! (Wonder if she grew up in Kansas or Missouri - have not heard that in a while!!!)

I rarely say "I have boughten" any more, but I still say "I've boughten" quite a bit., especially "I've boughten a lot of....."

http://grammarist.com/usage/boughten/

http://languageandgrammar.com/2008/0...ways-you-want/

And anybody who coordinates their dress and fingernail polish with the parfum du jour is OK in my book!

I would just purchase Chanel Bleu from a retail store.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    OMG - she used "boughten"! I'm in love! (Wonder if she grew up in Kansas or Missouri - have not heard that in a while!!!)

I rarely say "I have boughten" any more, but I still say "I've boughten" quite a bit., especially "I've boughten a lot of....."

http://grammarist.com/usage/boughten/

http://languageandgrammar.com/2008/0...ways-you-want/

And anybody who coordinates their dress and fingernail polish with the parfum du jour is OK in my book!

Red, ROTFL! I love those "-isms" you find all over.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Anyone who is cheap enough to buy their fragrances from ebay and other flea-markets / car-boot-sales deserves to be fleeced. I'd rip them off myself in a heartbeat.

You can't come on a forum banging on about being a perfume fan if you're not prepared to pay the appropriate money to the people who are actually producing the stuff.

Buy cheap. Buy twice.

I think that video is a fake. See how the lettering is all backwards? How do you not flip that before publishing? Surprised it wasn't upside down. Doesn't matter - I was looking at her mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Anyone who is cheap enough to buy their fragrances from ebay and other flea-markets / car-boot-sales deserves to be fleeced. I'd rip them off myself in a heartbeat.

You can't come on a forum banging on about being a perfume fan if you're not prepared to pay the appropriate money to the people who are actually producing the stuff.

Buy cheap. Buy twice.
    Gotta agree. ebay should be a last resort - and only from sellers with almost perfect feedback.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Red, ROTFL! I love those "-isms" you find all over.
    Thanks! I have to admit that I'm a bit of an anti-grammarian grammarian. I love to observe language, but I love it "in the wild" - just leave it be. I love even more to explain it, and to enjoy the beauty of the explanation, which is often geographic, cultural, and a window into history. I never want people to do anything other than what they are already doing. Let the marketplace of language sort it out! Nothing needs fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post

Buy cheap. Buy twice.
    Just too true. Almost the entirety of scams and con jobs rests on the reality that the mark is in too many ways a wannabe scammer, looking for a "steal", and then getting stolen from.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I think that video is a fake. See how the lettering is all backwards? How do you not flip that before publishing? Surprised it wasn't upside down. Doesn't matter - I was looking at her mostly.
    I have to admit that my first few videos and photos recorded on my Mac were backwards, too. Took me a while to find the setting to flip it back to normal. Why they are/were set that way by default is a mystery to me.

Just get some samples to at local store . If you like it buy it.