Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a new cologne and just joined the community!

Hey everyone, I just joined the community today after I have been lurking for awhile. I joined because, well, you guys have amazing insight on so many different fragrances so I was hoping you could help me find something I truly love.
    So lets see if I can help you, help me pick out something amazing!
    I'm a 20 year old male, who lives in Florida (So it's always hot) and hates every moment of the heat. I just recently finished my bottle of Acqua di gio- which I loved, but I feel like I'm in need of a change of pace, and unfortunately I'm not the only one who wears it at work anymore!
    I can't stand the cheap-smelling scents of the mainstream body sprays such as Axe and Old spice. I tend to enjoy the more feminine scents on myself, and I don't like wearing the same fragrance as others that I interact with. I've also had CK's Euphoria which I did enjoy, but kind of smelled like chemicals. Another cologne that I used and enjoyed was Blue Seduction Cologne by AB. I really dislike the smell of purfumes/colognes that smell powder-y or like cough syrup, I don't want to smell like a baby's bottom or cherry dayquil. lol
    For Christmas my parents got me Ralph Lauren's Romance-Silver and although I like the scent enough to wear it, and I do like certain scent notes in it, the woodiness/tobacco (or something..) of it for me is a turn off. I think it's just overall too masculine for my tastes.

Any suggestions as to what my next fragrance could be?
    Thank you for any input, if you have anymore questions that may help you help me ask away!
    Last edited by AiMakku; 26th December 2013 at 11:59 AM.

Default Re: Looking for a new cologne and just joined the community!

Gucci Pour Homme II is a good one. Safe and non-cloying which can be used for the office as well.

Welcome to you!

Perhaps Dior Homme would work.

(2131)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

What about Chanel Pour Monsieur? I was also thinking of Dior Homme Sport, with the kind of gingery note that would do well in the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by AiMakku View Post
    I really dislike the smell of purfumes/colognes that smell powder-y

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Dior Homme would work.
    (2131)
    Hmm, perhaps not?

I recommend you check out F by Ferragamo Pour Homme. If you want to venture into niche territory, Creed's Millesime Imperial is very nice in the heat, as is Ineke's Derring Do and l'Artisan's Batucada

Another possibility - would be Carbone de Balmain not powdery although doesn't tend to lean to the feminine side . Might work.

(2143)
    Last edited by hednic; 26th December 2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dior Homme has a powder vibe that you won't like..

I would check out Lalique L'Hommage
    Great non-offensive office scent..
    Also Prada Amber which is very fresh/barbershop vibe

As a fresh material, i like a lot vetiver. I think it works very well in the humid heat. It's natural smelling but long lasting. Mainstream examples would be Guerlain Vetiver or Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. There are also more expensive examples in niche perfumery, such as Chanel Sycomore or Dior Vetiver. Or fun, quirky things like Lush Breath of God (which has also a smoky note).

cacio

Eternity by CK is classic ...
    or Allure homme (original ) by chanel
    Last edited by magnus611; 27th December 2013 at 06:13 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Maybe also Bleu de Chanel, Givenchy Blue Label, TDH as the EDT version and/or most of the Prada Infusion could be included on future test lists.

Bleu de Chanel
    Grey Vetiver Tom Ford
    Dior homme Intense

YSL L'Homme