Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default What fragrant gifts did Santa bring you?

l'm dying to know!

l was lucky to get one of the bottles on my wishlist; L'Artisan's Seville a L'Aube. l also got a bottle of Lush's Rose Jam shower gel, & a copy of their book charting the rise & fall of Cosmetics To Go, the company that gave birth to Lush. l was a customer of theirs almost from the beginning, so the book is a pleasant trip down memory lane for me.

How about you?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: What fragrant gifts did Santa bring you?

What beautiful gifts, teardrop! Seville a L'Aube is so pretty. I've not smelled Lush's Rose Jam shower gel but it sounds lovely, and the book sounds very interesting too.

I haven't posted in so very long but when I saw your thread I had to share. I'm a little embarrassed at how spoiled I was yesterday (!) but I'm really happy too. Santa was extremely generous this year, gifting me with three fragrances - Etat Libre d'Orange Rien, Chanel Cuir de Russie edt, and Guerlain Tonka Imperiale. I told Santa to choose one between those (for the surprise factor, you know?) but apparently he could not choose.

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing, turquoisewater, it's good to see you, & what a wonderful haul! l'm not familiar with the other two, but l think Rien is a tremendous fragrance! l'm happy for you that you were spoiled so. Enjoy them in good health!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thanks, teardrop! And I hope Seville a L'Aube is bringing you much sunniness this season!

My wife gave me a bottle of Armani Prive - Bois d'Encens... Pretty awesome stuff. And I gave her a bottle of VC&A Muguet Blanc.

Evening Edged In Gold, Ineke.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Teardrop, what lovely idea for a thread. Congratulations everyone on all the lovely bottles! Turquoisewater Cuir de Russie is wonderful and one of my favourite in the line.

Santa brought me some Guerlinade (1998 reissue) and L'huere Bleue EdT (1999 limited edition) and perfume bath oil (no idea of date, looks old and smells divine). Also received today big bottles of Chanel Beige and a back up of Bois des Iles.
    Last edited by Xscent; 27th December 2013 at 01:00 AM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Santa brought me Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Luxe Limited Edition Parfum, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur, Marc Jacobs Daisy, Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche, and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.

Santa brought me Alahine in the parfum; I'm so excited! And some MKK that I wore yesterday, and a bell jar of Sarrasins. What a haul!

Xscent, thumbs up on the Beige!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I have three more bell jars of Rose de Nuit for the cave. My Rose de Nuit stock (in all 'vintages') should last me a lifetime (almost ).

Wowee, Larimar - very nice! You must have been extra-good this year.

Well, I told Santa I really didn't need any new perfume for a while, but I was surprised and delighted to find a beautiful box of Rancé Magnolia Soaps under the tree on Christmas morning.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by ano96 View Post
    Santa brought me Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Luxe Limited Edition Parfum, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur, Marc Jacobs Daisy, Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche, and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.
    Hello there ano96, and welcome to basenotes! Santa was very generous - you must have been a good girl, too!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Nothing for me - obviously my claims to good behaviour aren't fooling anyone
    Lovely hauls though, ladies and gents. Congrats !

castana-bottlebox-noir.jpg

A lovely scent, open with chestnut, dry down to tonka bean. Perfect for festival season
    Last edited by j_mysscent; 27th December 2013 at 05:12 PM.

Wow, everyone, very nice!!!
    And lucky you, Larimar! I bought Rose de Nuit in Paris recently. Never thought I'd fall in love with another rose perfume but after trying it I wasn't leaving that shop without a bottle.

Nice acquisitions everyone!

for swap/sale:

Sure, Evangeline, any doubts?
    Great to hear you fell head over heels in love with it, turquoisewater! Have you tried the new Miel de Bois, too?

Nice gifts, all, making me aware of how much sniffing remains for me to be familiar with your perfumes. Santa brought me Caron's Nocturnes, Slumberhouse Norne, and Tom Ford Private Blend Jasmine Rouge. When I saw the guys discussing Joop Nightflight, Joop Jump and Joop Wild (I happily wore Joop Femme for many years), I gifted them to my guy. [Yes, we'd already exchanged gifts, but we have lost control. ]

I didn't get any perfume gifts. This was mainly, I think, because the rest of my family and friends aren't fragrance collectors and are a bit in awe of the cupboard that smells great in my house and they are very aware that what I'm looking for isn't the sort of thing that they can walk into a local shop and buy.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

I also did not get any perfume gifts. But friends and family know better than to even think of buying me them.

I get money, gift vouchers and wine. I wait until the sales then buy whatever I want. I did buy L.T. Piver Cedre and Pour eau Homme very cheap in TKMaxx.
    DONNA

Some wonderful hauls everyone. I have a very long wish list, but I did receive SL Fleurs d' Oranger and PdE Aziyade. Although I usually take care of myself, DH efforts are appreciated.

Smile Re: What fragrant gifts did Santa bring you?

I received Must de Cartier Ligne Voyage Eau De Toilette (Vintage) spray as well as a small bottle of the parfum. This is my first post on this site. The reason that I joined was while trying to do some research to see if I was sending Santa in the right direction, and if I was indeed asking for the correct scent that I fell in love with many years ago I was led here to a old thread which was started in 2007 where someone was asking the very same question. After learning so much about the history of Must provided by some very knowledgeable posters I just had to join to educate myself, and to meet other people from all over the world who clearly know a lot more about parfum then I do.

When I was on that cruise in 1990, which made a stop in Puerto Rico I was first introduced to the original Must that Cartier came out with in 1981. I wore it for years and was constantly complemented about how good I smelled, and people asked what was I wearing? Then to my dismay I bought a bottle and knew right away it was not the same any longer. I can't tell you how many different fragrances I tried, but nothing ever compared. I wish I had known about this site as I am sure I would have received a lot of help in finding something that would have pleased me. I admit I'm not an expert at all, and look forward to being educated by people who know so much more than I do. It's nice to be a member and look forward to posting with you.

Blog Entries

I gifted Givenchy Gentleman to my husband. It was a lucky find on Ebay. I ran across it by accident and it wasn't expensive. For some reason I bought it blind. Then I read a promising review about it on BN. It turned out to be a great old-fashioned chypre. Perfect for my tweedy guy.

Welcome, Jacee, we'll try to help you find something you'll like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ano96 View Post
    Welcome, ano96! Thank you for joining in! Also, welcome to Jacee!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I got a lovely set of Alien products from my eldest son.
    Not scent, but my lovely god-daughter bought me some of the
    new Charlotte Tilbury make-up range and her magic face cream.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Foxbins, your gift is my favorite!

While Santa does not have our house marked on his maps, we have discovered Rabitos Royale Dark Chocolate Fig Bonbons, from Spain. Naturally, Amazon is sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Great to hear you fell head over heels in love with it, turquoisewater! Have you tried the new Miel de Bois, too?
    I have not tried the new Miel de Bois, Larimar. I didn't know there was a new one. I'm out of the loop!

Let's see -Santa was busy in the boots/shoe dpt for me this year (unfortunately none fit so return $$ will be along later .. Hmm wonder what that will turn into????.....)
    I got a rollerball duo Viva La Juicy (edp) and the La Fleur Lmtd Edt. ; Minis of Viva La Juicy (parfum) and VLJ Noir ( I was asking for minis as affordable gift choices for family members looking for budget options)
    I asked for Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted mini and got a whole giftset ! Aaaccckk!!!!! I hadn't vetted it for FB worthiness yet! I thought the bottle was cute in mini and an affordable trial size . Fortunately my brother used my Ulta club card when he purchased so I was able to return it for full value (rather than lowest selling price) .Picked up some of the discontinued Body Shop Morroccan Rose Body Butter on the way home at TJMaxx $5.99 .Need the moisturizers this time of year.
    Also got a giftset for EA Green Tea Honeysuckle -mini ,FB, hand cream ! Very nice ! Regular EAGT with added floral and a teeny touch of calone (this may end up worn more once it warms up -right now the chilly air calls for more spices/ambers/leathers/chypres to me!).
    Fragrance Omnivore

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Xscent, thumbs up on the Beige!
    kalli Congrats on the Ineke. The warm cinnamon and woods notes sound lovely. Also enjoyed reading you impressions on PK sample pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I have three more bell jars of Rose de Nuit for the cave. My Rose de Nuit stock (in all 'vintages') should last me a lifetime (almost ).
    Larimar you must have been an absolute Yours sounds like an amazing cave, plenty of splashing fun to be had.

Kumquat lovely bottle of Givenchy Gentleman, that one brings back some memories and 'tweedy' is the perfect descriptor.

turquoisewater, Miel de Bois had to be reformulated and is now positively harsher, less sweet. Fantastic!
    Xscent, sure, I am an . Splashing is so much fun ^^

Thanks, Xscent. I've been wanting Evening for about 3 years now. Discovered it on my honeymoon, at a shop. Glad to finally have it, such a nice bottle too, really like the designs of her stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Thanks, Xscent. I've been wanting Evening for about 3 years now. Discovered it on my honeymoon, at a shop. Glad to finally have it, such a nice bottle too, really like the designs of her stuff.
    F: Field Notes from Paris caught my interest with leather tobacco accord, have you tried this one? The bottle is stunning with all that graphic work around the outside.

Larimar it's common trait among us splashers

No perfume for moi, but I did receive several lovely scented candles this year. It is kind of my new obsession, perfume for the house as I call it Oh, but I did kind of take care of myself prior to Christmas with my new bottle of VC&A Bois d'Iris (does that count?)

What lovely gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Wowee, Larimar - very nice! You must have been extra-good this year.

Well, I told Santa I really didn't need any new perfume for a while, but I was surprised and delighted to find a beautiful box of Rancé Magnolia Soaps under the tree on Christmas morning.

How lovely Evangeline. Isn't perfumed soap a lovely gift. I read in a magazine this year that it is making a comeback with lots of companies introducing soap to their product line. These Rancé ones look gorgeous.

No fragrance for me. They tend not to buy me fragrance unless I drop very obvious hints. I did give some fragrance gifts. Molinard Vanille and Molecule One for the teenage nieces, Alvarez Gomez Shower gel and Cologne for my brother, Jo Malone Colognes for mum, and a lovely little Jo Malone soap for one of the girls at work.

I did get a very fragrant gift though, a bottle of Edinburgh Gin with Raspberries and Brambles. Smells terrific. Wonder what that says about me G?
    Last edited by Foustie; 30th December 2013 at 04:27 PM.