Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The Hunt for Dior Homme Intense

So I decided to blind-buy a 3.4oz bottle of DHI. Guess I'm believing the hype. "This should be easy enough," I thought to myself.

Boy was I wrong. I usually buy my fragrances at either Fragrancenet or Scented Monkey... It's out of stock/coming soon. Check a few other sites (i.e. FragranceX) and no 3.4oz bottles left. I check ebay for a few reputable sellers... The ones I trust don't have it and the ones I don't know are selling it for ridiculous prices. I personally don't plan to pay more than the standard $80-$90.

Stores here only carry regular DH or DH Sport (I own and enjoy the latter). No Dior boutiques.

Why is DHI notoriously hard to get at an affordable price? Is the effort/wait worth it?

I've been at it for a couple of weeks. I figure I'll just wait for it to arrive at Scented Monkey or Fragrancenet but it might take a while. Good thing patience is not a virtue I possess.

It would be hilarious if I finally purchase it and think its unwearable ; )
    Last edited by thehighend; 27th December 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: The Hunt for Dior Homme Intense

If you live in the US call the Las Vegas Boutique. It should be about $72 with free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    If you live in the US call the Las Vegas Boutique. It should be about $72 with free shipping.
    Nice. I wonder if they ship to Puerto Rico?

Any Vegas Dior boutique? I hear there are a few...
    Last edited by thehighend; 27th December 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thehighend View Post
    Nice. I wonder if they ship to Puerto Rico?
    Here is their number (702)-369-6072.

Several options on amazon.

Strawberrynet is a good source.

Here is their number (702)-369-6072.
    Thanks. Calling them now.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Strawberrynet is a good source.
    Just checked. Only carry the 1.7oz for $80+

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Several options on amazon.
    It's $95 for the 3.4oz... Not bad as a fall-back

Thanks. Calling them now.
    They don't ship to PR. The lady didn't even know where PR is located lol

Figures...
    Last edited by thehighend; 27th December 2013 at 01:07 AM.

I have a business trip to Vegas coming up on the 24th of January... Might just have to get it then.

I have a business trip to Vegas coming up on the 24th of January... Might just have to get it then.
    When you go there, ask for Massiel Cofino at the Dior boutique. She is the one in charge, very nice and accommodating.

(2172)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

That's exactly how and where I purchased my three bottles of DHI.

sigh! been on the search for this as well.. even tougher for canadians to get! $65 shipping or something from dior boutique vegas

@hednic: I will, thank you.

Massiel is amazing! Heperd referred her and she is very friendly and even sent me personal Holiday greeting, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    When you go there, ask for Massiel Cofino at the Dior boutique. She is the one in charge, very nice and accommodating.

(2172)
    If Massiel asks, I'll say Hednic Vinramani sent me.

DH or DH Sport (I own and enjoy the latter).
    Do you not like Dior Homme? Becuase if you don't like that one, i don't think you're going to enjoy Intense. Its different, but not enough that it would make you love it if you hated the original.

I didn't realise there was so much hype surrounding DHI. Maybe this is because of the lack of availability in America. Over here in Europe (UK) it's everywhere.

It's a well made fragrance that is an ideal evening compliment getter, but I don't particularly enjoy it. It's quite thick and powdery.

Sent from my HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Do you not like Dior Homme? Becuase if you don't like that one, i don't think you're going to enjoy Intense. Its different, but not enough that it would make you love it if you hated the original.
    I like Dior Homme (sampled it three times) but don't love it. I feel I have fragrances that better fit my personality and I would pick over Dior Homme on occasions where DH would be used. That being said, DHI is supposed to be a strictly "nights out" fragrance which I'm in the market for. I hear its much sexier and playful (less business-like/serious) which imho is DH's downfall (its not very "fun"). Not to mention it apparently is beast mode on longevity/projection and garners tons of compliments. I also 'hear' the iris is toned down in DHI and the vetiver and vanilla are turned up making it more attractive to me. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by badr View Post
    I didn't realise there was so much hype surrounding DHI. Maybe this is because of the lack of availability in America. Over here in Europe (UK) it's everywhere.

It's a well made fragrance that is an ideal evening compliment getter, but I don't particularly enjoy it. It's quite thick and powdery.
    DHI and Aventus are the two most hyped fragrances I have ever witnessed. I have a few samples of Aventus I have not bought a decant for and I'm blind-buying DHI seeing as the demand is so high I can always sell it/swap it. My biggest concern is having DHI be too similar to Midnight in Paris in vibe/style and having overlap in my collection (MiP is dark and powdery too). I like each of my fragrances to offer something different.
    Last edited by thehighend; 27th December 2013 at 04:27 PM.

I called the Dior boutique in Las Vegas last Friday, and I asked them how many bottles of Dior Homme Intense do they have, they said two and I bought one of them.

I have a sample coming, if I like I will look for a bottle.
    Currently wearing: Acqua Viva by Profumum

DHI and Aventus are the two most hyped fragrances I have ever witnessed. I have a few samples of Aventus I have not bought a decant for and I'm blind-buying DHI seeing as the demand is so high I can always sell it/swap it. My biggest concern is having DHI be too similar to Midnight in Paris in vibe/style and having overlap in my collection (MiP is dark and powdery too). I like each of my fragrances to offer something different.
    I haven't tried MiP but I love Bulgari Black and apparently it's similar. I have a decant on the way. I haven't figured out what's so amazing about DHI. Today i am wearing Pure Havane, also an evening scent, and it's so much better than DHI. However, it is like comparing apples and oranges. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure Pure Malt gives DHI and Aventus more than a good run in terms of hype. It was nuts when that came out. I'm glad to see it's permanently available (at least for now).

Aventus was pretty underwhelming to me. The smokey pineapple is nice but nothing special. I've had two decants and won't be buying another!

Sent from my HTC One

Bingo...struck Gold....enjoy with plenty of privee samples ...ask for them as they will gladly add them for free...enjoy and GodBless....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

(2172)
    yes✔️A sweetheart she is and so zealous to accommodate and friendly disposition towards her clients, kudos to Dior for hiring such a gem of a person....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

If you travel a lot or live near the border something like the duty free is a good place. Thats where I see it. $70 something for a 3.4 ounce that I recall.

For an unknown reason for me it seems that DHI is sort of cheap in America. I have a 2012 bottle with a faulty spray, so I asked a friend to bring me one from Dutyfree in her way from Switzerland. she paid, duty free, 99 Swiss francs, and at the airport in Brazil, it would have been US$ 96. The new bottle is from august 2013 and it smells just the same, which is very nice to me, not as I read that this 2013 version was closer to the original before the reformulation. 100ml bottles.

I don't know MiP, and am not fan of over priced fragrances at all, but DHI is in fact a very good fragrance, is not that strong, it doesn't charge on people next to you, last for days, I feel very comfortable whenever I wear it, and it seems that it doesn't project much, but when you move people look at you because they sense the smell, although you were there all the time. If I could I would wear it
    24/7, no stop, but I don't want to get tired of it, either. ...

I haven't tried MiP but I love Bulgari Black and apparently it's similar. I have a decant on the way. I haven't figured out what's so amazing about DHI. Today i am wearing Pure Havane, also an evening scent, and it's so much better than DHI. However, it is like comparing apples and oranges. ...

Sent from my HTC One
    Last edited by prosperonline; 27th December 2013 at 07:39 PM.

I haven't tried MiP but I love Bulgari Black and apparently it's similar. I have a decant on the way. I haven't figured out what's so amazing about DHI. Today i am wearing Pure Havane, also an evening scent, and it's so much better than DHI.
    Sent from my HTC One
    I here Black and MiP share a few characteristics, MIP being smoother and not having the strong rubber accord a lot of people get in Black. Hence MiP is considered a 'safer' scent... More unisex than Black too (note: I only own MiP). I read great things of Pure Havane/Pure Malt but I hear they get cloying in warmer weather. I'm hoping DHI doesn't as its never below 70 degrees F here.