Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Hunt for Dior Homme Intense

So I decided to blind-buy a 3.4oz bottle of DHI. Guess I'm believing the hype. "This should be easy enough," I thought to myself.

Boy was I wrong. I usually buy my fragrances at either Fragrancenet or Scented Monkey... It's out of stock/coming soon. Check a few other sites (i.e. FragranceX) and no 3.4oz bottles left. I check ebay for a few reputable sellers... The ones I trust don't have it and the ones I don't know are selling it for ridiculous prices. I personally don't plan to pay more than the standard $80-$90.

Stores here only carry regular DH or DH Sport (I own and enjoy the latter). No Dior boutiques.

Why is DHI notoriously hard to get at an affordable price? Is the effort/wait worth it?

I've been at it for a couple of weeks. I figure I'll just wait for it to arrive at Scented Monkey or Fragrancenet but it might take a while. Good thing patience is not a virtue I possess.

It would be hilarious if I finally purchase it and think its unwearable ; )
    Last edited by thehighend; 27th December 2013 at 01:46 AM.

Default Re: The Hunt for Dior Homme Intense

If you live in the US call the Las Vegas Boutique. It should be about $72 with free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    If you live in the US call the Las Vegas Boutique. It should be about $72 with free shipping.
    Nice. I wonder if they ship to Puerto Rico?

Any Vegas Dior boutique? I hear there are a few...
    Last edited by thehighend; 27th December 2013 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thehighend View Post
    Nice. I wonder if they ship to Puerto Rico?
    Here is their number (702)-369-6072.

Several options on amazon.

Strawberrynet is a good source.

Thanks. Calling them now.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Strawberrynet is a good source.
    Just checked. Only carry the 1.7oz for $80+

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Several options on amazon.
    It's $95 for the 3.4oz... Not bad as a fall-back

Thanks. Calling them now.
    They don't ship to PR. The lady didn't even know where PR is located lol

Figures...
    Last edited by thehighend; 27th December 2013 at 02:07 AM.

I have a business trip to Vegas coming up on the 24th of January... Might just have to get it then.

I have a business trip to Vegas coming up on the 24th of January... Might just have to get it then.
    When you go there, ask for Massiel Cofino at the Dior boutique. She is the one in charge, very nice and accommodating.

(2172)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

That's exactly how and where I purchased my three bottles of DHI.

sigh! been on the search for this as well.. even tougher for canadians to get! $65 shipping or something from dior boutique vegas

@hednic: I will, thank you.

Massiel is amazing! Heperd referred her and she is very friendly and even sent me personal Holiday greeting, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    When you go there, ask for Massiel Cofino at the Dior boutique. She is the one in charge, very nice and accommodating.

(2172)
    If Massiel asks, I'll say Hednic Vinramani sent me.

DH or DH Sport (I own and enjoy the latter).
    Do you not like Dior Homme? Becuase if you don't like that one, i don't think you're going to enjoy Intense. Its different, but not enough that it would make you love it if you hated the original.

I didn't realise there was so much hype surrounding DHI. Maybe this is because of the lack of availability in America. Over here in Europe (UK) it's everywhere.

It's a well made fragrance that is an ideal evening compliment getter, but I don't particularly enjoy it. It's quite thick and powdery.

Sent from my HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Do you not like Dior Homme? Becuase if you don't like that one, i don't think you're going to enjoy Intense. Its different, but not enough that it would make you love it if you hated the original.
    I like Dior Homme (sampled it three times) but don't love it. I feel I have fragrances that better fit my personality and I would pick over Dior Homme on occasions where DH would be used. That being said, DHI is supposed to be a strictly "nights out" fragrance which I'm in the market for. I hear its much sexier and playful (less business-like/serious) which imho is DH's downfall (its not very "fun"). Not to mention it apparently is beast mode on longevity/projection and garners tons of compliments. I also 'hear' the iris is toned down in DHI and the vetiver and vanilla are turned up making it more attractive to me. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by badr View Post
    I didn't realise there was so much hype surrounding DHI. Maybe this is because of the lack of availability in America. Over here in Europe (UK) it's everywhere.

It's a well made fragrance that is an ideal evening compliment getter, but I don't particularly enjoy it. It's quite thick and powdery.
    DHI and Aventus are the two most hyped fragrances I have ever witnessed. I have a few samples of Aventus I have not bought a decant for and I'm blind-buying DHI seeing as the demand is so high I can always sell it/swap it. My biggest concern is having DHI be too similar to Midnight in Paris in vibe/style and having overlap in my collection (MiP is dark and powdery too). I like each of my fragrances to offer something different.
    Last edited by thehighend; 27th December 2013 at 05:27 PM.

I called the Dior boutique in Las Vegas last Friday, and I asked them how many bottles of Dior Homme Intense do they have, they said two and I bought one of them.

I have a sample coming, if I like I will look for a bottle.

DHI and Aventus are the two most hyped fragrances I have ever witnessed. I have a few samples of Aventus I have not bought a decant for and I'm blind-buying DHI seeing as the demand is so high I can always sell it/swap it. My biggest concern is having DHI be too similar to Midnight in Paris in vibe/style and having overlap in my collection (MiP is dark and powdery too). I like each of my fragrances to offer something different.
    I haven't tried MiP but I love Bulgari Black and apparently it's similar. I have a decant on the way. I haven't figured out what's so amazing about DHI. Today i am wearing Pure Havane, also an evening scent, and it's so much better than DHI. However, it is like comparing apples and oranges. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure Pure Malt gives DHI and Aventus more than a good run in terms of hype. It was nuts when that came out. I'm glad to see it's permanently available (at least for now).

Aventus was pretty underwhelming to me. The smokey pineapple is nice but nothing special. I've had two decants and won't be buying another!

Sent from my HTC One

Bingo...struck Gold....enjoy with plenty of privee samples ...ask for them as they will gladly add them for free...enjoy and GodBless....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

(2172)
    yes✔️A sweetheart she is and so zealous to accommodate and friendly disposition towards her clients, kudos to Dior for hiring such a gem of a person....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

If you travel a lot or live near the border something like the duty free is a good place. Thats where I see it. $70 something for a 3.4 ounce that I recall.

For an unknown reason for me it seems that DHI is sort of cheap in America. I have a 2012 bottle with a faulty spray, so I asked a friend to bring me one from Dutyfree in her way from Switzerland. she paid, duty free, 99 Swiss francs, and at the airport in Brazil, it would have been US$ 96. The new bottle is from august 2013 and it smells just the same, which is very nice to me, not as I read that this 2013 version was closer to the original before the reformulation. 100ml bottles.

I don't know MiP, and am not fan of over priced fragrances at all, but DHI is in fact a very good fragrance, is not that strong, it doesn't charge on people next to you, last for days, I feel very comfortable whenever I wear it, and it seems that it doesn't project much, but when you move people look at you because they sense the smell, although you were there all the time. If I could I would wear it
    24/7, no stop, but I don't want to get tired of it, either. ...

I haven't tried MiP but I love Bulgari Black and apparently it's similar. I have a decant on the way. I haven't figured out what's so amazing about DHI. Today i am wearing Pure Havane, also an evening scent, and it's so much better than DHI. However, it is like comparing apples and oranges. ...

Sent from my HTC One
    Last edited by prosperonline; 27th December 2013 at 08:39 PM.

I haven't tried MiP but I love Bulgari Black and apparently it's similar. I have a decant on the way. I haven't figured out what's so amazing about DHI. Today i am wearing Pure Havane, also an evening scent, and it's so much better than DHI.
    Sent from my HTC One
    I here Black and MiP share a few characteristics, MIP being smoother and not having the strong rubber accord a lot of people get in Black. Hence MiP is considered a 'safer' scent... More unisex than Black too (note: I only own MiP). I read great things of Pure Havane/Pure Malt but I hear they get cloying in warmer weather. I'm hoping DHI doesn't as its never below 70 degrees F here.

This is the boutique at Caesar's Palace. Wonderful service with Garrick Allen, the beauty/fragrance adviser there!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by zero7786 View Post
    I called the Dior boutique in Las Vegas last Friday, and I asked them how many bottles of Dior Homme Intense do they have, they said two and I bought one of them.
    I'm banking on them having some in stock when I head to Vegas. I imagine they will, but I'll check the duty-frees just in case.

Strawberrynet is a reliable source based on my experience. They might be a little more expensive than Fragrancenet, but I've had good luck with them, especially with some Chanels such as Pour Monsieur which I can't seem to find anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Oproust View Post
    Strawberrynet is a reliable source based on my experience. They might be a little more expensive than Fragrancenet, but I've had good luck with them, especially with some Chanels such as Pour Monsieur which I can't seem to find anywhere else.
    Chanel Pour Monsieur is one of my favorites, yes it is hard to find these days. I'm glad I still have half a bottle still left, going to wear it more sparely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Chanel Pour Monsieur is one of my favorites, yes it is hard to find these days. I'm glad I still have half a bottle still left, going to wear it more sparely.
    The Pour Monsieur Concentree never seemed difficult to find but the non-concentree which I think you are referring to is almost impossible to find in the US. Had to get mine in Duty Free abroad during travels.

(2249)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

mistake, sorry.

The Pour Monsieur Concentree never seemed difficult to find but the non-concentree which I think you are referring to is almost impossible to find in the US. Had to get mine in Duty Free abroad during travels.

(2249)
    Looking at the bottle right now, it is the concentree. Are you telling me it's still available in the US on-line? If so, where?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Looking at the bottle right now, it is the concentree. Are you telling me it's still available in the US on-line? If so, where?
    Can be found on the Chanel website for $70:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...8424/sku/88425

My guess is the non-concentree you'd need to search Ebay for it to pop up, or pick it up abroad. I have personally never seen it sold in the US by Chanel.

(2255)
    Last edited by hednic; 28th December 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Can be found on the Chanel website for $70:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...8424/sku/88425

My guess is the non-concentree you'd need to search Ebay for it to pop up, or pick it up abroad. I have personally never seen it sold in the US by Chanel.

(2255)
    Cool, thanks. The bottle is totally different than what I have. Macy's does not carry it anymore, and that's where I got my last bottle, probably around 2006. Mine is also the 3.4 oz. Glad to know it's still available.

I buy the original (though not vintage) non-concentree version from Strawberrynet. It is the only place I can find it. I've purchased three bottles of CPM over the last few years, all from Strawberrynet. I don't like the concentree version, but up until the last year or so, it could be found at department store Chanel counters.
    Last edited by Oproust; 28th December 2013 at 11:17 PM.

I here Black and MiP share a few characteristics, MIP being smoother and not having the strong rubber accord a lot of people get in Black. Hence MiP is considered a 'safer' scent... More unisex than Black too (note: I only own MiP). I read great things of Pure Havane/Pure Malt but I hear they get cloying in warmer weather. I'm hoping DHI doesn't as its never below 70 degrees F here.
    I had every version of DHI.

You may find it to be extremely cloying in the heat when you use anymore than 2 sprays.

It is a pleasant powdery, dry, coco scent... but once I discovered Bulgari Black... I knew that would be the winner for me.

It's so easy to wear anytime of the year and it's not likely to get cloying... as for the rubber note, it's not as noticeable or pronounced as others may make it out to be.. it actually makes the fragrance.

It's so GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I had every version of DHI.

You may find it to be extremely cloying in the heat when you use anymore than 2 sprays.

It is a pleasant powdery, dry, coco scent... but once I discovered Bulgari Black... I knew that would be the winner for me.

It's so easy to wear anytime of the year and it's not likely to get cloying... as for the rubber note, it's not as noticeable or pronounced as others may make it out to be.. it actually makes the fragrance.

It's so GOOD.
    Interesting. Do you find Bvlgari Black and DHI overlap in terms of style and uses? I have MIP which many say is cloying in warmer weather yet I've found that not to be the case as long as I wear it indoors (the movies, clubs, bars, etc). Hoping I can pull off DHI in a similar way.

Bvlgari black is a 50/50 love or hate fragrance. Do not blind but it. DHI is more safe to buy. Go easy with the spray, lower body location, under shirt and you can mute any cloying issue you may have.

Interesting. Do you find Bvlgari Black and DHI overlap in terms of style and uses? I have MIP which many say is cloying in warmer weather yet I've found that not to be the case as long as I wear it indoors (the movies, clubs, bars, etc). Hoping I can pull off DHI in a similar way.
    DHI is thick. I don't think it suits the summer daytime at all, perhaps the cool evenings and even then I don't think it's quite right. It's suitable for only evenings or parties IMO and in autumn (fall)/winter/spring. It shines on a romantic evening

Sent from my HTC One
    Last edited by badr; 29th December 2013 at 10:46 PM.

I honestly don't see any similarity with BB and DHI.. DHI is only for certain occasions while BB is a wear anytime, smell good everytime fragrance.

That's just me though!

BB to me is one of the safest blind buys on the market. Its really difficult not to like and at $30 and below, you really can't go wrong.

I wish it came in a bigger bottle!

DHI is thick. I don't think it suits the summer daytime at all, perhaps the cool evenings.

Sent from my HTC One
    Exactly. I couldn't imagine wearing this in any sort of heat or humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Exactly. I couldn't imagine wearing this in any sort of heat or humidity.
    DHI for fall/winter
    DH for spring/summer

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    DHI for fall/winter
    DH for spring/summer
    Yes!

Exactly!
    DHI for fall/winter
    DH for spring/summer

Thank you all for this info. I was able to get DHI shipped w/some samples for $72. I didn't have to ask for anyone though; the first guy I talked to gave me those prices. I just today received a fake DHI from Ebay, so I figured I would have to shell out a lot to get a legit one, but the Vegas boutique is by far the best way to grab one of these. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

I agree with the other posters that mention to contact a Dior Boutique, especially the one in Las Vegas. I got mine at an airport in Europe. Not sure why it's in such a limited release in the US.

I'm not sure why either, but the guy I talked to said it was basically a Dior boutique exclusive in the US now.

DHI is also very difficult to find in Canada. Only place I've seen it in are some duty free stores found in some airports here. Other then that, only way is to buy it online or find someone locally maybe who has it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

A fellow member just started a sale thread and has it listed..
    Check the Items for Sale forum

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    A fellow member just started a sale thread and has it listed..
    Check the Items for Sale forum
    Thanks for the tip. I will.

DHI for fall/winter
    DH for spring/summer
    You guys are starting to worry me. I live in the caribbean where both heat and humidity abound. There is no 'winter' here in the traditional sense. Temps drop to low 70's F at night... That's as cold as it gets. Is DHI so thick and heavy that it will be unwearable here? I own and wear Midnight in Paris EDP to events I know will be indoors (air conditioned) and was hoping to do the same with DHI. I'm not going to wear it to the beach or to the gym. I was thinking it could be a great 'dinner with the gf scent' or 'indoor party scent'.

To those that know DHI, will it work here or should I stick with Dior Homme/DHS 2012?

You guys are starting to worry me. I live in the caribbean where both heat and humidity abound. There is no 'winter' here in the traditional sense. Temps drop to low 70's F at night... That's as cold as it gets. Is DHI so thick and heavy that it will be unwearable here? I own and wear Midnight in Paris EDP to events I know will be indoors (air conditioned) and was hoping to do the same with DHI. I'm not going to wear it to the beach or to the gym. I was thinking it could be a great 'dinner with the gf scent' or 'indoor party scent'.

To those that know DHI, will it work here or should I stick with Dior Homme/DHS 2012?
    I own both MIP EDP and DHI, and I think that you should be able to wear DHI under the same circumstances as you would MIP EDP. Both are fantastic scents

Basenotes Junkie

If you don't mind wearing MiP, DHI shouldn't be a problem. I personally wear them both in warmer weather. I would not wear either if i'm gonna be outside all day in 90°f + heat though. But a summer night that you know you will be inside in the A/C wouldn't be an issue at all imo. And to me, they are different enough to own both. I find myself reaching for MiP more often though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I own both MIP EDP and DHI, and I think that you should be able to wear DHI under the same circumstances as you would MIP EDP. Both are fantastic scents
    Thanks, Jase. That provides some reassurance. Since you own both, would you say the two are similar in terms of smell/style/vibe? Is it redundant to have them both in your collection or do they offer different things?

Thanks, Jase. That provides some reassurance. Since you own both, would you say the two are similar in terms of smell/style/vibe? Is it redundant to have them both in your collection or do they offer different things?
    I think they are similar in that you would wear them for the same occasions, but I feel they are very much their own fragrance in terms of smell. Definitely not redundant IMO.