Code of Conduct

Default What do I need to know about Paraffin Waxing?

does it work for whole body? or only certain areas? can baking soda be used? which works more effectively baking soda vs paraffin wax?

Default Re: What do I need to know about Paraffin Waxing?

Paraffin wax is usually only used as a treatment on the hands and feet. Also it had to be heated to the correct temp or you can burn yourself. I have seen special heating units in salons for it, which heats it to the correct temp.

What do you want to use baking soda for?

I use it for cleaning my Clarisonic brush heads. Would not use it on the face.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Paraffin wax is usually only used as a treatment on the hands and feet. Also it had to be heated to the correct temp or you can burn yourself. I have seen special heating units in salons for it, which heats it to the correct temp.

What do you want to use baking soda for?

I use it for cleaning my Clarisonic brush heads. Would not use it on the face.
    I'm not worried about my hands. My hands (and feet) I believe are soft alredy as my ex used to say when I massaged her back. Also I had a guy tell me 'I have womens hands' (whatever that means) and black guy say my hands are soft.

I would be using paraffin wax or baiking soda for body for soft and smooth skin. Which works more efectively Paraffin wax or Baking soda for body?

Paraffin wax goes hard and you peel it off. So no way could you use it all over the body, as I said it has to be heated the correct temperature or you will burn yourself. Baking soda could be used an a body but you will need to mix into a paste with water and its going to be a messy affair.

Better buying a salt or sugar scrub, or even a pair of scrub gloves and use a shower gel with it.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Paraffin wax goes hard and you peel it off. So no way could you use it all over the body, as I said it has to be heated the correct temperature or you will burn yourself. Baking soda could be used an a body but you will need to mix into a paste with water and its going to be a messy affair.

Better buying a salt or sugar scrub, or even a pair of scrub gloves and use a shower gel with it.
    O right on. Back to baking soda... Can u not pour some into a bath and jump in?