Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Fragrance: Dior Homme Eau for Men - Dior

Christian Dior has launched Dior Homme Eau for Men, a new flanker to 2005's Dior Homme. Dior Homme Eau for Men follows the recently reformulated Dior Homme Cologne, and like the others in the Dior Homme series, will be fronted by actor Robert Pattinson.

Introducing Dior Homme Eau for Men, a fresh woody fragrance with a masculine and sophisticated signature. Bold and refined, magnetic and charismatic, Dior Homme Eau for Men was created for the man with 1,000 lives to live. His mantra is James Dean's iconic quote: "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

The notes feature grapefruit, bergamot, coriander, iris and cedar.

Default Re: New Fragrance: Dior Homme Eau for Men - Dior

I'm very excited about this fragrance! I called my Dior guy, Garrett at the Palazzo in Las Vegas and he is already taking pre-orders. I'll let you know how great it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GageVonderbuilt View Post
    I'm very excited about this fragrance! I called my Dior guy, Garrett at the Palazzo in Las Vegas and he is already taking pre-orders. I'll let you know how great it is.
    Thank you, I have faith Dior will bring their A game.

At the Palazzo? Is this the same man?

I ordered from Caesar's Palace, but the man's name is "Garrick," I thought it was Garrett, too. Garrick Allen.at Dior at Caesar's Palace, 702-369-6072.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Interesting that both of your posts here have been telling us about this guy - please don't mention it again or our members will think that you're on commission - they're complaining already
    Last edited by lpp; 30th December 2013 at 09:01 AM.

Hope its FBW.

I just noticed Macy's has it for sale on the website. Tempted to blind buy it.

I was gong to blind buy it also, but it look like they have them in the stores, so I think I am going to run up there today and give it a try.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    I just noticed Macy's has it for sale on the website. Tempted to blind buy it.
    Dang! I got excited when I saw this post, and confirmed that Macy's has it on the website. I just ran a store check to see if it's available near me, because I was literally grabbing my keys to run over and check it out, wallet in hand. Unfortunately, not a single store in all of Houston has it on-hand, so I guess it hasn't made it through the distribution channel yet.

I guess it's either blind-buy or wait. Since I'm still feeling a little burned over the 2013 reform Dior Homme Cologne, I'm going to wait until I can walk up and try it at the counter. I'm still anxious to try it, nonetheless.

Will check my local Macys also today to see if they have it. Thanks for the info.

(2338)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Unfortunately, not a single store in all of Houston has it on-hand, so I guess it hasn't made it through the distribution channel yet.
    Just checked and no Macy's near me has it either.

Dang! I got excited when I saw this post, and confirmed that Macy's has it on the website. I just ran a store check to see if it's available near me, because I was literally grabbing my keys to run over and check it out, wallet in hand. Unfortunately, not a single store in all of Houston has it on-hand, so I guess it hasn't made it through the distribution channel yet.

I guess it's either blind-buy or wait. Since I'm still feeling a little burned over the 2013 reform Dior Homme Cologne, I'm going to wait until I can walk up and try it at the counter. I'm still anxious to try it, nonetheless.
    Just checked and no Macy's near me has it either.
    Oohh.. I was about to go up there tonight. I think I will hold off - maybe I'll just play it safe and blind buy it tonight.

Not sure how to post the link, but someone on the FGN facebook group already has a full bottle and just posted a first impressions video...

(BTW, no Macy's in San Fran or within 100 miles has it in stock either... didn't someone say early Feb?)

Just placed my order for this on the Macys website. Just seems to be available through the website at this time. Not even the NYC Herald Square store has it.

(2353)
    Last edited by hednic; 30th December 2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

here's the first impressions video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOJtfSsNFeU

Will definitely check this out, as Dior's usually don't sleep on making great blends....will see and smell ....to be continue .....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I tested this out today. Was not impressed at all, it has the DNA of the original but its very weak and flat on my skin. Definite Pass.

Dior Homme Cologne 2013 vs Dior Eau anyone? I own and love DHS (2012), sampled DHC (2013) at a nearby store and found it pleasant, but didn't pull the trigger. Will have to check out Eau...

Basenotes Junkie

Default New Fragrance: Dior Homme Eau for Men - Dior

Quote Originally Posted by thehighend View Post
    Dior Homme Cologne 2013 vs Dior Eau anyone? I own and love DHS (2012), sampled DHC (2013) at a nearby store and found it pleasant, but didn't pull the trigger. Will have to check out Eau...
    Own and love everything Dior Homme until DHC 2013, which is "meh" at best for me.

Everyone will eventually have an off day, of course, but I'm really hoping the new Eau puts the line back on track. Otherwise, it'll have been knocked off the very high perch I've put it on.

Edit: not encouraged about the new Eau after watching Raj's video. I'll reserve my opinion until I've actually tried it, but paint me slightly skeptical based on early intel.
    Last edited by JourneymanDave; 31st December 2013 at 03:39 AM.

For some reason I fear for the life of Dior Homme with this being released... Any news on that front?

Basenotes Junkie

For some reason I fear for the life of Dior Homme with this being released... Any news on that front?
    Don't jinx it. Dior would have to be out of their mind to nix DH. If that even became a substantial rumor, I'd be stocking a couple more large bottles.

Given that they're paying for a famous endorsee for DH though, I'd say it's highly improbable for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    here's the first impressions video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOJtfSsNFeU
    I'm not sure how seriously I can take that review. He didn't get into the middle notes or the basenotes or the projection. Not that he could in a 20 minute video. I purchased my bottle from the Macy's website yesterday. The notes are right up my alley and I don't mind "light" fragrances. It's a blind buy, so hopefully I don't regret it. Looking forward to trying this one out. I'll report back once I've had a few days with it and can form a fair opinion.
    Last edited by CMan0928; 31st December 2013 at 05:21 AM.

Its quite light, IMO its an iris note and citrusy note melded together. I find Dior Homme Sport much better iMO. Eau is very boring for me,

Where did you purchase from?

Quote Originally Posted by CMan0928 View Post
    Where did you purchase from?
    I believe it's only available to purchase from Macy's online at the moment...

Phuu... All those flankers..

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I believe it's only available to purchase from Macy's online at the moment...
    That's my understanding also.

(2376)

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by CMan0928 View Post
    Looking forward to trying this one out. I'll report back once I've had a few days with it and can form a fair opinion.
    Yes, if you wouldn't mind sharing your impressions after a full wearing or two, that'd be much appreciated. I'm such a Dior Homme fanboi, I want to love this one, there's just not much intel out there at the moment. Thx in advance!

Yes, if you wouldn't mind sharing your impressions after a full wearing or two, that'd be much appreciated. I'm such a Dior Homme fanboi, I want to love this one, there's just not much intel out there at the moment. Thx in advance!
    Will do. I'm supposed to be receiving it tomorrow from Macy's via UPS, but who knows with the inclement weather we're having here in the Northeast US at the moment.

So I received this from Macy's yesterday. It's a huge disappointment. This is my first Dior Homme purchase and will probably be my last. I've had it on all day and I haven't noticed it change once. There was no citrus in the opening to speak of for me. It's just a boring aquatic through and through. After about 30 minutes of application I swear all I could think of was Armor All. Yeah, that stuff you use to clean your cars tires. Projection is good and it was still going strong even after a shower and 9 hours later. So that should say something of the longevity. As far as I'm concerned it's probably it's only redeeming quality. I can't be too angry though, as this was a blind buy. I'm just glad I didn't drop $82 on the large bottle. Huge pass for me.

I love it. Its kinda linear, but so is the original, to me. Will get this soon.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

The Macy's in downtown Portland doesn't even carry Dior Homme (or any variants). The only Dior they carry is Fahrenheit. I wonder if its possible they might still get Eau?

Quote Originally Posted by Unadan View Post
    The Macy's in downtown Portland doesn't even carry Dior Homme (or any variants). The only Dior they carry is Fahrenheit. I wonder if its possible they might still get Eau?
    The more pressing question is why would you want it? And I'm being serious here. Do test it out before you commit. Just some friendly advice.

^Thanks. I'm a big fan of DH and DHI so I would like to try it. No blind buy for me.

So…

Dior Homme Eau arrived in the mail today and I got the chance to test it out.

I'm pleased with it. And it's very easy to describe: It's a zingy lemon lighter version of Dior Homme. It fits right in between Dior Homme and Dior Homme Sport if you were to put them on a spectrum. DHS is actually a little more potent, but it really doesn't contain the Dior Homme DNA (at least the '08 version I use).

Is it wild and groundbreaking? No. Is it necessary? Probably not. But it's good. Solid.

If you looked at the Dior Homme line from a seasonal perspective, this would be the spring player.

Fall = DH
    Winter = DHI
    Spring = Homme Eau
    Summer = Sport

I plan to wear this often at work--it's a good, low-profile, pleasant work scent. Well put together, a little bit different, and clean.

I'd give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

Personally, I found it to be filler, which was surprising since Dior Homme and DHI are so compelling.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Personally, I found it to be filler, which was surprising since Dior Homme and DHI are so compelling.

Oh, it's definitely filler. But good filler, IMO. And since I don't own Dior Homme, but have DHI, this one fills in the right spot.

Dior's version of Chanel Allure Homme Eau Extreme.
    Both are decent, but not really worthy.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

I really really enjoy this fragrance!!! I'm going to buy it this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I disagree...since I own both.

It depends on what you want (and personally, I think that Eau for Men is Dior's answer to Bleu de Chanel more so than Allure Sport Extreme). For those who prefer a more mainstream, versatile, safe, and office friendly type of fragrance...then both are worthy. For those who like to push the envelope, be different, and wear something daring, challenging, bold but potentially off-putting, offensive and weird...then no, neither one are.
    Last edited by SportsFan; 25th February 2014 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post

It depends on what you want (and personally, I think that Eau for Men is Dior's answer to Bleu de Chanel more so than Allure Sport Extreme). For those who prefer a more mainstream, versatile, safe, and office friendly type of fragrance...then both are worthy. For those who like to push the envelope, be different, and wear something daring, challenging, bold but potentially off-putting, offensive and weird...then no, neither one are.
    But you see I also own both frags - just find them to be among the more ordinaty redundant frags I own in my vast collection.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

If Bleu de Chanel and Dior Homme had a baby, this is what you'd get.
    I like it.

Basenotes Junkie

I decided against owning a full bottle of this fragrance because to me it is quite redundant. Why? Because I can basically achieve the same result of Eau by simply layering DHI with abercrombies Fierce. And by the way, its similarity to Fierce is staggering, as is the lack of anyone mentioning this fact.

I wonder if the marketing team at Dior actually read the name of this scent out loud before deciding on it.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    I decided against owning a full bottle of this fragrance because to me it is quite redundant. Why? Because I can basically achieve the same result of Eau by simply layering DHI with abercrombies Fierce. And by the way, its similarity to Fierce is staggering, as is the lack of anyone mentioning this fact.
    Actually, been mentioned a number of times, you seem to be among a number of folks that picked this up. Never smelled Fierce myself, so couldn't comment about the similarity.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post

It depends on what you want (and personally, I think that Eau for Men is Dior's answer to Bleu de Chanel ....
    Definitely agree on this. I find the 2 very similar in spirit, although their execution is obviously a bit different. I "like" both of them very much, although I don't "love" either. However, for me they're both fire & forget - I feel like I could wear them successfully in almost any wear scenario and enjoy them.

For just sheer versatility and general pleasantness, both will stay in my weekly rotation.

Basenotes Junkie

Actually, been mentioned a number of times, you seem to be among a number of folks that picked this up. Never smelled Fierce myself, so couldn't comment about the similarity.
    Yep, that was on of the first things that stood out for me as I am a huge fan of Fierce. I might still get a bottle eventually but I can definitely hold off until it hits Amazon or some other outlet at a lower price point.

Yawn.........

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Yawn.........
    As a dior homme / sport fan, I have to agree. It did smell ok, but wtf.....that's not what dior homme is about. It was so fleeting. DH and DHS last all day. This was gone by the time I got home from Macy's. Its not even worth collecting. I did find it more of a rooty iris compared to the gourmandish iris in homme, but they just played it so safe it's boring.

Was I the only one who got something about 30-40 minutes after spraying that resembled Armor-All or some kind of upholstery cleaner for your car? I thought this was truly bad. I'm angry at myself for going with the blind buy on the Macy's website. I've already relinquished the bottle.

Dior Homme with a big dose of synthetic woody amber. No lasting power. The opening is ok, but the drydown is garbage. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I can see that. What Dior Eau really reminds me of is a weak version of the Dior Homme Iris, combined with a really weak version of the citrus in Dior Homme Sport, and a counterfeit version of Dior Homme Intense as it's dry down. I think if they would have left the latter out and given it more of a Dior Homme tobacco and vetiver drydown this would have been exceptional. The way it is it's a very take it or leave it proposition for most.
    Last edited by silentrich; 16th March 2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I can't see that. What Dior Eau really reminds me of is a really weak version of the Dior Homme Iris, combined with a really weak version of the citrus in Dior Homme Sport, and a counterfeit version of Dior Homme Intense as it's dry down. I think if they would have left the latter out and given it more of a Dior Homme tobacco and vetiver drydown this would have been exceptional. The way it is it's a very take it or leave it proposition for most.
    Agreed.

I tried this yesterday (actually...the SA at Macy's literally sprayed it on my arm without warning). It was OK. I prefer DHI or regular DH better. DH Sport isn't bad, but I'll pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    Agreed.

I tried this yesterday (actually...the SA at Macy's literally sprayed it on my arm without warning). It was OK. I prefer DHI or regular DH better. DH Sport isn't bad, but I'll pass on this one.
    My thoughts also, but I ran out of my older DHS juice so I decided to buy the newer version with the iris. It was between Eau and DHS and although I don't love DHS I can see it growing on me whereas Eau would wind up on the sales thread.

Purchased a 50ml bottle. Finally arrived here in Canada at The Bay (exclusive). Looking forward to the nice iris opening as per homme without the strong silage. This will be excellent for work. I get the traditional blast for me on the way to work. By the time I get to work it will be a nice soft skin scent. I work with a few people who have very strong reactions to scents. And hey, the bottle matches DH and DHI so it looks nice in the collection as well. Nothing is perfect and this is a welcome addition to my collection.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

A question, please. I just purchased the new Dior Homme Cologne at LA duty free. Nice. In keeping with the first Dior Homme cologne version but with a little 'Sport' thrown in.

Is the 'Eau' much different do you think?

Thanks
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    A question, please. I just purchased the new Dior Homme Cologne at LA duty free. Nice. In keeping with the first Dior Homme cologne version but with a little 'Sport' thrown in.

Is the 'Eau' much different do you think?

Thanks
    Different enough than the other flankers in the line IMO yes.

I'm wearing this today. I like that it gives me a sweetish semi-oriental option for the warmer months, but it's still a very fresh smell. Also very different from DHS 2012 which will also serve me well in our hot summer months.

I own this scent and I see it as a mix between DHS and DHC. I enjoy it and within the first hour of wearing it I recieved 2 compliments.