Code of Conduct

Thread: Jul et Mad

Default Jul et Mad

hello!!! I just noticed that JUL ET MAD Paris and there perfumes are not even mentioned in the directory... It is quite frustrating, especially when we really LOVE a fragrance and not able to share!!!

Default Re: Jul et Mad

Hi adriana_W & welcome!

There is a backlog of products awaiting addition to the Fragrance Directory at present, but if you wish to contribute details of any, submitting details using this link will enter them in the queue!

http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Thank you, Ipp, for the opportunity to contribute with my modest knowledge
    I have added my favorite perfume, Stilettos on Lex, as suggested.
    Wishing you and the entire Basenotes community a fantastic and successful New Year!

Thank you, adriana_w - and the same wishes to you

Amour de Palazzo
    My review.

I'm honoured to be the first one here on Basenotes to throughly review the wonderful creations of this niche parisian artisanal brand represented and ideated (in style and concept) by the creatives Julien Blanchard e Madalina Stoica as supported (in this case and further) by the talented nose Dorothe Piot. Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo is probably at moment the most renowned and appreciated fragrance of the house and I have to say immediately to find the artistic creation absolutely amazing, one of the most refined leather/oud rendition of the worldwide olfactory panorama. This sumptuous, impalpable and almost indecipherable fragrance has struck in each sense my heart, my passion, has encompassed my senses jumping in a while among the ones of my absolute top three with list. I'm by soon delighted. This is an extremely aristocratic and decadent concoction conjuring the image of a mysterious venetian "Palazzo" populated by sinister disguised characters during the Carnival week. I figure in mind dark rooms faintly enlighted by waxy candelabrums, ghostly dames in white masks (sort of eyes without a face), endless lobbies, massive frames, frescoes, crystal chandeliers, old pictures, bas-reliefs, bronze armours and marmoreal statues. I feel the lasciviousness filtering out from the secret rooms. Dark and baroque but paradoxically at once modern and "advanced" the Amour de Palazzo's unisex aroma is centered over an aoud/musk/violet/suede obscure (almost impenetrable) main accord. The first approach is marvellously spicy and by soon delicately leathery, humid and mysteriously floral. There is a damp almost soapy (strictly calibrated) spicy/floral vibe in the air supported by woody and leathery accents and reverberated by secret ambery echoes rising from the background. Nutmeg and cloves are perfectly modulated. I detect anyway by soon pepper, agarwood resins from the back as linked with faint leather and a touch of incense. There is by soon a sort of almost mystic undertone in the general noble shadow. All is extremely balanced and delicately spicy/floral. A dusty/cedary/leathery (almost ostensibly cherry-plum type in perception) absolute de Violet keeps jumping on the stage in a while with its subtle spiciness, projecting a sort of blackberries/patchouli/musk undertone with a sheer woody-boise spark (vaguely a la Feminite du Bois). This feel is modern (a modern spark over an aristocratic olfactory basement) and absolutely unisex in my humble opinion. The aoud's touch is magistrally appointed taking part to the orchestra as just a single one of the diverse elements of the congeries. The aroma finally features hints of amber and animalic leather which emerge as a dark/velvety trail so silky and refined (profoundly subtle and dark), all encompassed by a general muskiness absolutely sensual and ghostly. Really, I can't probably find the fair worlds to describe this feel, to describe the Amour de Palazzo's extremely sinister and anxious shadowy olfactory aristocrazy. Let me in this case orgiastically to dive in to a disappeared world of dames and witches. Thumbs up.
    Last edited by Darvant; 6th April 2014 at 01:30 AM.

Nice review .Amour de Palazzo is a great scent, one of the leather scent I actually like. Reminds me a bit of Gucci Pour Homme (1976) which I also like . I find all their scents very good and unfortunately not much talked about here. Probably because they don't have samples for sale. I was lucky to receive all 3 mini bottles when they launched the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Nice review .Amour de Palazzo is a great scent, one of the leather scent I actually like. Reminds me a bit of Gucci Pour Homme (1976) which I also like . I find all their scents very good and unfortunately not much talked about here. Probably because they don't have samples for sale. I was lucky to receive all 3 mini bottles when they launched the site.
    Absolutely yes, Gucci Pour Homme comes to mind, Amour de Palazzo is more articulated and complex but for sure I see the conjurations.

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    Amour de Palazzo
    My review.

I'm honoured to be the first one here on Basenotes to throughly review the wonderful creations of this niche parisian artisanal brand represented and ideated (in style and concept) by the creatives Julien Blanchard e Madalina Stoica as supported (in this case and further) by the talented nose Dorothe Piot. Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo is probably at moment the most renowned and appreciated fragrance of the house and I have to say immediately to find the artistic creation absolutely amazing, one of the most refined leather/oud rendition of the worldwide olfactory panorama. This sumptuous, impalpable and almost indecipherable fragrance has struck in each sense my heart, my passion, has encompassed my senses jumping in a while among the ones of my absolute top three with list. I'm by soon delighted. This is an extremely aristocratic and decadent concoction conjuring the image of a mysterious venetian "Palazzo" populated by sinister disguised characters during the Carnival week. I figure in mind dark rooms faintly enlighted by waxy candelabrums, ghostly dames in white masks (sort of eyes without a face), endless lobbies, massive frames, frescoes, crystal chandeliers, old pictures, bas-reliefs, bronze armours and marmoreal statues. I feel the lasciviousness filtering out from the secret rooms. Dark and baroque but paradoxically at once modern and "advanced" the Amour de Palazzo's unisex aroma is centered over an aoud/musk/violet/suede obscure (almost impenetrable) main accord. The first approach is marvellously spicy and by soon delicately leathery, humid and mysteriously floral. There is a damp almost soapy (strictly calibrated) spicy/floral vibe in the air supported by woody and leathery accents and reverberated by secret ambery echoes rising from the background. Nutmeg and cloves are perfectly modulated. I detect anyway by soon pepper, agarwood resins from the back as linked with faint leather and a touch of incense. There is by soon a sort of almost mystic undertone in the general noble shadow. All is extremely balanced and delicately spicy/floral. A dusty/cedary/leathery (almost ostensibly cherry-plum type in perception) absolute de Violet keeps jumping on the stage in a while with its subtle spiciness, projecting a sort of blackberries/patchouli/musk undertone with a sheer woody-boise spark (vaguely a la Feminite du Bois). This feel is modern (a modern spark over an aristocratic olfactory basement) and absolutely unisex in my humble opinion. The aoud's touch is magistrally appointed taking part to the orchestra as just a single one of the diverse elements of the congeries. The aroma finally features hints of amber and animalic leather which emerge as a dark/velvety trail so silky and refined (profoundly subtle and dark), all encompassed by a general muskiness absolutely sensual and ghostly. Really, I can't probably find the fair worlds to describe this feel, to describe the Amour de Palazzo's extremely sinister and anxious shadowy olfactory aristocrazy. Let me in this case orgiastically to dive in to a disappeared world of dames and witches. Thumbs up.
    thanks for this review. I shall look to find Amour de Palazzo.

I wish their fragrances were available in large sizes. Perhaps in the future.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Stilettos on Lex review.
    Absolutely bright, elegant and uncompromisingly feminine. Stilettos on Lex is another well appointed concoction from the artistic niche brand Jul et Mad, a pure, radiant and soapy musky/floral beauty. A complex fragrance exuding sensuality throughout. The association of eliotrope, iris and flashy pear is fantastic. The aroma opens soon with an arresting and slightly dissonant blast of lemon, boozy heliothrope/liqueur and indolic floral patterns. Potent, "nectar centered", almost acid but incredibly carnal. I really like this opening. It requires about 5 minutes or more in order the aroma to settle down in to a more defined form. The indolic acidity recedes consistently and a "white" rosey/musky feel keeps performing its sensual feeling. I start to detect in this phase a pear/heliotrope accord supported by powdery iris and vanilla. There is a nectar/pollen presence enriching and "greasing up" the aroma. The latter keeps anyway to sharpen its status along the way arousing a congeries of sophisticated nuances (musky, rosey, balmy, fruity, eliotropic and soapy). The violet/lily in particular but also iris, vanilla, patchouli and cedarwood jump on the stage as absolute protagonists. The sillage is "long projecting" and at distance you can catch a violet/rosey sophisticated balminess with a sensual musky dominant soul and an edible pear/eliotrope spark. Wonderful....., an energetic, indipendent and extremely sensual young woman comes to mind, I figure in mind her secret lacy transparences, can inhale the organic scent from her abysses and shiver while dream to discover the secret warmth of her body.
    P.S= along the dry down's extreme tail the vanilla is more evident and the aroma appears more rounded due to a balsams/powdery-flowers/pears agreement.

Nice reviews !

A girl I know used to wear stiletto, it's lovely on her.
    For me I prefered the masculine "terrasse saint germain, hope you're going to review this as well! (yep I'm so bad for reviews don't even ask lol )

If that hasn't changed when you buy it, it will also come with a nice 7ml atomizer. Perhaps the mini bottles that were talked by Ciprian, that's my guess..

The next one "aqua sextius" will be something I might want for this summer.

I agree with people here, it's a quality house with good perfumes, I'm also suprised it's rarely mentioned on basenotes but well that happens..
    Definitely an interesting house!

Quote Originally Posted by l'improviste View Post
    Nice reviews !

A girl I know used to wear stiletto, it's lovely on her.
    For me I prefered the masculine "terrasse saint germain, hope you're going to review this as well! (yep I'm so bad for reviews don't even ask lol )

If that hasn't changed when you buy it, it will also come with a nice 7ml atomizer. Perhaps the mini bottles that were talked by Ciprian, that's my guess..

The next one "aqua sextius" will be something I might want for this summer.

I agree with people here, it's a quality house with good perfumes, I'm also suprised it's rarely mentioned on basenotes but well that happens..
    Definitely an interesting house!
    Yes, I own the 7ml atomizer of Stilettos, Amour de Palazzo and Terrasse a Saint Germain, I really appreciate this little brand and Amour de Palazzo is a fragrance I crave for.

I will review Terrasse asap.

I can understand the appeal on Amour de palazzo, even if it's not something I wear at the moment. I know someone who likes it a lot and it suits him well. Actually, it's the most interesting one from their line imo. It's really orginal and complex at the same time, but still very well balanced surprisingly, and quality is there. I wouldn't be surprised if other people called it a masterpiece, it's a very good and interesting composition without a doubt!

Yes ,I'm talking about the 7ml atomizers . Stilletos on Lex is my wife favorite,love at first sniff ,I might say, and Terrasse a St-Germain,which is perfect for summer, was my scent at my friend wedding (when I was the Godfather) last Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Yes ,I'm talking about the 7ml atomizers . Stilletos on Lex is my wife favorite,love at first sniff ,I might say, and Terrasse a St-Germain,which is perfect for summer, was my scent at my friend wedding (when I was the Godfather) last Year.
    Funny you're talking about wedding, I got my brother in law "terrasse saint germain" as wedding gifts last summer, even if I was wearing it as well ahaha
    it's an elegant smell, and it's very nice on sunny days. Could be appropriate with casual dressing, but.. maybe chic casual if that makes sense lol very good stuff imo I'm curious about Darvant opinion on it and future review (no rush Darvant, take your time )

Terrasse a St. Germain.
    Terrasse a St. Germain, enjoyed after Amour de Palazzo and Stilettos on Lex, confirms me that Jul et Mad is a really promissing and talented brand deserving by now all the respect also in order to put soon under the radar the upcoming issues. This fragrance is immensely likeable and charming, the quality is remarkable for sure, the sensuality extreme. It conjures me vaguely (at least at the beginning) Mark Buxton Devil in Disguise because of the initial fresh rhubarb presence (a note I crave for) and its extremely sophisticated accord of "light-fluidy" floral notes and sparkling spices. Anyway while the Buxton's one (probably sharper) is finally more musky, fruity and gingery, the Jul et Mad's olfactory fatigue pushes the accelerator over the sparkling spicy/floral side with its remarkable "aquatic flowers" presence, a touch of "dust" (dry spices plus floral nectar/pollen) and the almost fizzy and crisp rhubarb/grapefruit/citrus introduction. The floral presence is incredibly wet but realistic and finally denser almost slightly "greasy" by a real pollen presence (at least in effect). The rose/aquatic flowers/sandalwood accord is absolutely notable since dry woods, patchouli and sharp spices are here more influencing than musk (the latter is on the contrary more remarkable in the Devil in Disguise's dry down). The woodiness is light, sharp for long, "deeply floral", influencing the floral intensity (sandalwood in particular) and in conclusion slightly soapy. The floral intensity is changeful, waving from a "lily type" (intense, woody/seasoned and almost berrish) and penetrating grapefruit/lotus/freesia/sandalwood connection to a more neutral, light and almost soapy rose presence. The woodiness is finally almost balmy and it tends to compenetrate the floral bouquet in a way the floral aroma is influenced in intensity by woods and patchouli. I'm almost sure something like a really minimal touch of benzoin or amber is included in the recipe. The sharpness is not extreme but partially preserved, the aroma is extremely sophisticated and erotic, a young indipendent and sensual french woman in career comes to mind. She is elusive, engaged, silent, by the white skin, with an hellish attractiveness barely unveiled. Just a God Superior could latch onto her in-human sensuality. Summery, joyful, intense and sexy little work of art.