Code of Conduct

Default Spraying under the shirt?

Thinking about how people spray under clothing, anywhere. It can be on the chest, or on the insides of your elbows with a long sleeved button-down shirt, collar bone with a collared shirt. Isn't it better to spray on exposed skin that won't rub against your clothing? Like the back of your neck, on your adam's apple, hair, wrists? And what are the effects is it going to have with fragrances with heavy sillage but low projection, and ones with soft sillage but high projection?

Default Re: Spraying under the shirt?

Don't know whether it's better or worse, but spraying on neck and chest for me has always seemed to serve me well regardless of the scent's projection and sillage,

(2234)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Many methods..
    Sometimes I spray on chest and sometimes I don't..
    you have to do some testing and see what works best for you

In my personal case, spraying under the shirt gives me just the right amount of projection and longevity when the fragrance should be perceptible, yet discreet.

Sorry but you have to test and find out if it works fine.

I find spraying on the chest especially hairy chests helps....I happen to be a fortunate male with a hairy chest (or unfortunate depends on who you ask, I guess) but the hairs are porous and seem to hold on longer to the scent longer than just bare skin...I sometimes will also spray the back on my hair with the scent...Holds it longer....Just some tricks to try...

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I find spraying on the chest especially hairy chests helps....I happen to be a fortunate male with a hairy chest (or unfortunate depends on who you ask, I guess) but the hairs are porous and seem to hold on longer to the scent longer than just bare skin.
    Like you, this is my reality (hairy chest) and has been pretty much my experience also. Have never sprayed directly on my hair though.

(2253)
    Last edited by hednic; 28th December 2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

well I spray the top my head, as in my hair. I can't smell it because well it's on the top of my head, but does it actually emit sillage? what happens if you spray 3x on your head?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    In my personal case, spraying under the shirt gives me just the right amount of projection and longevity when the fragrance should be perceptible, yet discreet.
    This.

I spray under the shirt when I don't want to project too much. If I'm wearing something soft or going to be outside, I will spray it on my exposed skin a bit more.

I do tend to spray away from my face / neck to avoid olfactory fatigue. Otherwise just experiment - there is no correct way really. Just avoid the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    there is no correct way really. Just avoid the eyes.
    lol!!

(2257)

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    there is no correct way really. Just avoid the eyes.
    So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time!

Quote Originally Posted by velgasius View Post
    And what are the effects is it going to have with fragrances with heavy sillage but low projection, and ones with soft sillage but high projection?
    Put on six sprays, and it won't have much effect.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I find spraying on the chest especially hairy chests helps....I happen to be a fortunate male with a hairy chest (or unfortunate depends on who you ask, I guess) but the hairs are porous and seem to hold on longer to the scent longer than just bare skin...I sometimes will also spray the back on my hair with the scent...Holds it longer....Just some tricks to try...
    I do this too and tap my t-shirt against the spray to get some on cloth which helps with longevity. Also a spray on the wrist...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I nearly always spray under shirt, neck, both sides, sometimes back of neck and a little on the hand then run that through hair on head with weaker lower projection things - with high projection/sillage stuff just one under shirt and one on each side of neck is usually enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    +1.

This!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Many methods..
    Sometimes I spray on chest and sometimes I don't..
    you have to do some testing and see what works best for you

Today I wore three sprays. One to neck, one to upper chest, one to my stomache. All on bare skin...I don't spray on clothing.

i sprayed 3 sprays of Tom Ford TV under my long sleeve button down shirt, one on the inside of each elbow and one in the middle of my chest, and got a compliment from a co-worker 2 hours later. and 7 hours later, i could easily smell it through the shirt. honestly, i stopped spraying on any visible body parts like my wrists or anywhere on my face or neck, cause the last thing that a friend that gives you a kiss on the cheek wants to do is taste your cologne...

I spray on my chest sometimes, but find that it kind of seems like a waste. I don't have chest hair(hell, I can't even grow much facial hair!lol)so the scents never seem to last too well when I do this....however, it is helpful when I use strong scents or in hot weather to spray my chest for a desired more mellow effect. But other than that, I'd just as soon spray my shirt chest area directly instead...fabric holds the scent much longer than my skin.

I've noticed the best results when i apply directly out of a hot shower on bare skin. I think is because my pores are open and grab hold of the scent. Depending on what it is will determine how many sprays but the chest, back of neck and wrists are usual targets. I should mention, to not have your frags in the toilet but in another room; when out of the shower and dried off, go straight for it.