Code of Conduct

Default How Does A New Fragrance Get Added

I see no Azzaro Chrome United in the directory.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How Does A New Fragrance Get Added

Check the Getting Frags in the Directory thread started about 10 days ago..
    It is in the same Forum..
    Plz look before asking questions

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    I see no Azzaro Chrome United in the directory.
    It's probably in a queue waiting to be added. There is a backlog of things waiting to be added. Eventually it will show up.

(2238)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks

I hear it can take forever for Basenotes to do things, so in the meantime you can get a little info on it here:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/A...ted-18963.html

There's some info. here as well.
    http://www.basenotes.net/huddlerarchive/378521

I've just submitted details using this link, so it will now be in the queue if not already there.
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php
    Last edited by lpp; 28th December 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks

You're welcome, Wasatch!

Blog Entries

I just submitted a review (the first one) for a newer fragrance. There is no picture yet available. I do have a picture Ive downloaded from the Internet. Can I/should I send it in? How ?

Also, what if you find notes for a scent that were previously not listed? Send them in? How?

PS- I've also made personal pictures of my own bottle.
    Last edited by kumquat; 17th January 2014 at 08:08 PM.

I just used the form, hopefully it works. Added Profumum Sorriso (EDP)

How long does it usually take after you add a fragrance? The last one took a day I believe.

I think there was for a time, a backlog of fragrances that need to be added and they are slowly but surely working on improving the time it takes for it to appear. I think things are a bit better now.

(3392)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I still don't know about adding information to an existing listing. Also how to submit a picture. Is that any help or not?

@Wasatch - Chrome United is in the Directory.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26140397.html
    as is Sorriso
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26140984.html

The time taken to add a particular fragrance will depend on the number of admin staff available at any given time, combined with the number of products in the queue/new releases.

@kumquaut - Judith advised (in one of these threads - somewhere!) that pictures had lower priority than the missing data, so it is planned to add them in due course.
    However, the 'Contribute' form may be used to advise corrections - there's a bit at the bottom ('Additional Information & Sources') where these could be noted..
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

^^ Well, there are a couple of mistakes with the names of the two new perfumes from Grandiflora, so I should use the "contribute" form to fix them? I can't help but think that could potentially result in duplicates rather than corrections; they need to be fixed but I don't want to create more problems. Their proper names are Magnolia Grandiflora Sandrine (the one created by Sandrine Videault, obvi) and Magnolia Grandiflora Michel (created by Michel Roudnitska), but please confirm that I should actually use that form for these two corrections and I'll be happy to do so.

Thanks!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Okay, so I suppose I'll just try the form myself, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to re-enter all the information, or just enter the correct names and leave the rest of the information as already (correctly) listed. Any help in this matter would be most appreciated.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

It's possible that the form will be rejected if any of the parts are blank, Evangeline.
    There's a big space near the bottom of the page for info., so the fact that it's a correction would be appropriate there.

So am I supposed to somehow edit the existing pages, or resubmit new ones along with all the information, and include the fact that it's just a correction down in that space?

I think that filling in the form and pointing out the corrections at the bottom where it says 'Additional Information and Sources' would work.

e.g. 'This is a correction because...........and not a new entry' type thing.

Thanks, lpp - I just gave it a shot, let's see how it goes!

Good luck, Evangeline - they join a queue.