Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default which incense based fragrances get the most compliments from women?

My wife hates almost every incense fragrance I have ,which makes me wonder do women like incense fragrances at all and if so which ones?

Default Re: which incense based fragrances get the most compliments from women?

Could it be that your wife just doesn't like incense fragrances? Which has she disliked so far?
    What sorts of fragrance does she like? - maybe someone could suggest something if there were more info. on her preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Could it be that your wife just doesn't like incense fragrances?
    True, maybe that note or accord just doesn't agree with her. You said almost every incense fragrance. Which one of yours with incense does she like?

(2243)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

There are a lot of incense fragrances that I own and LOVE. But, very few do I get compliments on. However, my wife sometimes does really like Avignon on me.

But if you are looking for a big hit with the ladies, incense does not generally seem to be the way to go.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    True, maybe that note or accord just doesn't agree with her. You said almost every incense fragrance. Which one of yours with incense does she like?

(2243)
    bois du marocain, lair du desert ...and Full Incense by Montale,but strangely enough she likes jubilation 25

Maybe you need something that combines incense and florals, or incense and spice, or all of the aforementioned. Could be that a straight-ahead frankincense type perfume is too sharp or sour for her.

Basenotes Member

Maybe you need something that combines incense and florals
    any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.oud View Post
    any suggestions?
    Pure Custo Barcelona Man has a nice mixture of incense and floral notes'

(2247)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Pure Custo Barcelona Man has a nice mixture of incense and floral notes'
    thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.oud View Post
    thank you sir
    You're welcome.

(2250)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bentley Intense
    Gucci Pour Homme

Blog Entries

l personally adore incense fragrances, but they may simply not be to your wife's taste.

l would recommend trying lncense Pure by Sonoma Scent Studio, lncense Extreme by Tauer, & Sahara Noir by Tom Ford.

For a floral incense, try Amouage Ubar.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Kilian Incense Oud

It looks as though hednic gave you a good suggestion (at least I would guess so, don't know the frag he mentioned). And I like teardrop's mention of Ubar, I admire that one, too. I have Incense Pure by SSS, and Avignon, but at times they are too austere. I have layered Incense Pure with Rose Volupte and have been rewarded with a sublime incense rose fragrance. Maybe layering is an option for you.

+1 for Bentley Intense

Tauer's Incense Rose