Code of Conduct

Post Newest Montale - Aoud Heritage (Green Aluminum Bottle)

Have any of our resident Middle Eastern Basenoters (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain) seen or tried this yet? One of our Basenotes regulars (sorry can't remember his user name but he is an avid Philadelphia Eagles fan) was recently in Beirut, Lebanon in a mall, tried it and said it was very nice. In my later communication with retailers in the UAE, they told me that it hadn't launched yet there but it was coming soon, so I was curious if anyone else stumbled upon it.

(2258)
    Last edited by hednic; 28th December 2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Newest Montale - Aoud Heritage (Green Aluminum Bottle)

Sounds very interesting.I'd like to know more too!
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Pyramid?

Do you know if this is a Durrani Montale or an Ahmet Montale product? Is it one of the supposed Middle East exclusives like Aoud and Pine, Kabul Aoud, etc.?

I ask because different shops here seem to be split between the two factions, with some shops carrying the Paris based ones and other shops carrying the UAE based ones.

I haven't seen this around, but I haven't been looking closely. I'll see what I can find out on my next shopping trip this week.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Do you know if this is a Durrani Montale or an Ahmet Montale product? Is it one of the supposed Middle East exclusives like Aoud and Pine, Kabul Aoud, etc.?

I ask because different shops here seem to be split between the two factions, with some shops carrying the Paris based ones and other shops carrying the UAE based ones.

I haven't seen this around, but I haven't been looking closely. I'll see what I can find out on my next shopping trip this week.
    It was The Paris Gallery in Dubai that told me they were expecting it soon. I remember now that the Basenoter who tried this at the ABC Dbayeh Mall in Beirut, Lebanon is tdwctdwc. On December 6th in the SOTD, he said he smelled it and it was "fruity." Hopefully he will chime in if he reads this and share what more he can recall. Not sure if this a Durrani or Atmeh Montale. My guess is the latter as Aoud Legacy and Mr. Aoud are also carried by the Paris Gallery and a friend brought those two back for me recently. Therefore, most likely a Middle East exclusive. Thanks Noggs for looking into this. Also, hedonist and Yuyu if you happen to see this, perhaps you can also find out something in your respective locales. It would be greatly appreciated.

(2273)
    Last edited by hednic; 29th December 2013 at 04:13 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Regarding the split faction(s) of Montale... is there a preferred side, in regards to say.. quality?
    (Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Regarding the split faction(s) of Montale... is there a preferred side, in regards to say.. quality?
    Well I now have a total of 97 Montales from both factions and I personally don't notice any depreciation of quality from either side and thus no preference on my part. This has been only my personal experience with Montale.

(2285)
    Last edited by hednic; 29th December 2013 at 04:59 AM.

What's your favourite Montales - let's say top 5, Hednic?
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Quote Originally Posted by farang View Post
    What's your favourite Montales - let's say top 5, Hednic?
    Very very tough to decide for me. In no particular order:

Aoud & Pine
    Oud Pur Oriental
    Black Aoud
    Kabul Aoud
    Aoud Meloki (Full Incense close behind)

(2291)

Thank you, Hednic!

I have not tried many of the Montales. I didn't like Dark Aoud - too harsh and medicinal. And Red Aoud was too much gourmand for me.

I'll try the five you recommend, plus Full Incense. Taking into account what I wrote about the oud and gourmand, any other you can recommend? Thanks.
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Hednic, i tried it twice already and it's on my buy list. Stop teasing me about it because i wanna buy it so bad but trying to buckle up the wallet this month

I think it's from this Montale, just like Aoud Legacy is : http://montale-international.com

It smells green fresh, a little fruity, some cedar and some lovely incense(fresh, not burning incense ). It's really really nice and very long lasting.

The closest thing that smells like it is : Solo Loewe Platinum
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 29th December 2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Hednic, i tried it twice already and it's on my buy list. Stop teasing me about it because i wanna buy it so bad but trying to buckle up the wallet this month

I think it's from this Montale, just like Aoud Legacy is : http://montale-international.com

It smells green fresh, a little fruity, some cedar and some lovely incense(fresh, not burning incense ). It's really really nice and very long lasting.

The closest thing that smells like it is : Solo Loewe Platinum
    I figured it was from that company you cited. The perfume links on their home page don't work for me so unfortunately I can't see what they currently offer. Thanks for chiming in.

(2303)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I figured it was from that company you cited. The perfume links on their home page don't work for me so unfortunately I can't see what they currently offer. Thanks for chiming in.

(2303)
    Nothing works on that website. I emailed them telling them about it , so i can at least see the note description of their new releases. No reply. That was 2 months ago .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Very very tough to decide for me. In no particular order:

Aoud & Pine
    Oud Pur Oriental
    Black Aoud
    Kabul Aoud
    Aoud Meloki (Full Incense close behind)

(2291)
    I would also be interested in knowing some other's (Montale) you would recommend.

Basenotes Plus

I really wish some of these middle east exclusives were more readily available here in the US. Black Aoud is one of my favorite scents and love most of the ouds from Montale. Would be nice to be able to purchase some of the exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    I would also be interested in knowing some other's (Montale) you would recommend.
    Taj
    Pure Dahab
    Attar
    Aoud Legacy

(2306)

Thanks hednic!

Yes, thanks. I will certainly try Attar.
    * Serge Lutens rules *

Quote Originally Posted by farang View Post
    Yes, thanks. I will certainly try Attar.
    If u want to try Attar from Amouage homage and ASAQ Safari
    And oud oil from cambodia and thailand
    I can bring it to you in perfume exhibition

Thank you, that's nice of you.
    * Serge Lutens rules *