Code of Conduct

Default Where to Buy Ormonde Jayne = Ormonde Man

I'd like to find in the US,,
    Only place I have seen it is Harrods UK

It looks like a must have from what I read, whats your opinion?
    Last edited by stuigi; 30th December 2013 at 02:28 AM.

Default Re: Wgere to Buy Ormonde Jayne = Ormonde Man

to me disappointing in sillage and longevity..the scent itself is not particularly interesting....once over I won't buy it again..quality/price ratio really low..you can find better stuff for that price..the plastic cap is extremely cheap..definitive rating 2/10..I bought it on raving reviews and it was an expensive mistake..never again...

Power Where You Need It

If you wanna buy it, do it via Ormonde Jayne's website. They often offer free shipping worldwide.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I used to buy directly from the brand's website, but I think shipping increases have made that really expensive.

I am not as negative as francolino, but I did find Oromnde man a little too modern masculine in style. Ormonde woman has similar structure but is much richer. But I love and bought other scents of the house, especially Tiare and Tolu. The website used to sell (and probably still does) a sampler set of all the perfumes of the house.

cacio

I had the same experience as Francolino. Bought after reading rave reviews, this was shortly after it came out. I didn't get it really. It lacked silage and was short lasting. The fragrance itself was very nice with a pleasant blend of incense, aromatic spice and light woods. The oud was never noticeable in the fragrance, but that wasn't really my objective for buying - it was an average to good mens fragrance. I like the scent but not more than typical CdG 2 Man type of fragrance for instance. A fragrance such as Tzora by Anat Fritz which is created by the same perfumer, Geza Schoen, is much better and costs considerably less.

After testing the Four Corners of Earth collection by Ormande Jayne I have come to the conclusion that her fragrances are all planned to be very good compositions, but positioned to appeal to people with lots of money. She doesn't seek out wide distribution so to make it work she charges a lot of money for the fragrance. If you have lots of disposable income then this is probably not a factor and you can get some very nice fragrances that will be very very exclusive because they are only for sale in one or two places in the world - but all are very overpriced for this exclusivity. Overpriced by at least 2X to 3X what the market would normally suggest for products of this quality. By the way I really enjoyed the fragrance called Qi, Nawab of Oudh and Montobaco. Worth the money? No.

Only place to buy is the Ormande Jayne shop in London, I think. They used to ship fragrances anywhere in the world from there, not sure if they still do. Call them to see, they were very helpful to me.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 29th December 2013 at 04:11 PM.
    favorites: • dior home cologne • bergamote 22 • about the duke • eldo hermann • william eadon no. 11 • l'homme infini divine • guerlain homme l'eau • uae aoud • costa azure • bowmakers • oud wood spray • arancia di capri • morning chess • jack piccadilly '69 • the noir 29 • eau de missions • carved oud • m/mink

I purchased Ormonde Man just as the UK shipping restrictions were put in place. My order was delayed about a month while they learned about the new restrictions / proceedures / etc. I think shipping prices went up a lot at that time, but they sent it out under the price I paid at the time, and I was able to receive it. So, yes, you can order it directly from Ormonde Jayne, but I think the shipping costs are somewhat substantial now.

However, Ormonde Man is one of my favorites - nice professional scent, and very long lasting.

Dependent

To balance this out, I love Ormonde Man. It's different, for sure, which I think may catch some noses awkwardly. For my part, I like the scent very much. I use it in formal settings mostly, and occasionally for work. I get exceptional wear performance, it lasts all day or evening, no issues at all that other posters obviously do have. So, it may vary by wearer, I don't know.

As to where to get it: I just purchased a fresh bottle in Bucharest, I was able to find 2 boutiques there in that city that carry the whole Ormonde Jayne line. For reference, this was at Hipnose, and Elysee Concept (at the JW Marriot). This leads me to believe that there's probably some limited distribution across Europe, I'll check in Paris this summer as well.

Even still, despite the fact that it wasn't that hard to find, I ended up paying approximately the same price as just ordering it from the Ormonde Jayne site and paying the premium to have it shipped to the US. Shipping even inside the Euro zone seems to be penalized at the same rate.

London would be the obvious place to buy it, since that's Ormonde Jayne's home, if you happen to be there, which would save you about $50 USD in shipping.

FWIW, I did smell the other masculines and didn't find them on par with Ormande Man. I didn't get a chance to try the feminines, but I concur that a lot of recommendations suggest trying them as well.

You can purchase it from Essenza Nobile out of Germany or it will be available from Osswalds in NY sometime late February.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    You can purchase it from Essenza Nobile out of Germany or it will be available from Osswalds in NY sometime late February.
    Great news - do you know if Osswalds will be carrying the whole line?

Default Re: Where to Buy Ormonde Jayne = Ormonde Man

Any love for this one still? The reviews sound great; should I believe them? Seems like the bottle and juice has been reinvented for the better. It looks like they still have select distribution and would have to obtain this from the brand. I want to sample this one bad, but the perfumed court sells a 2 ml sample for $15. I don't want to spend that much on one sample. Anywhere to get a sample cheaper?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Very nice winter fragrance with a nice immortelle note.

I bought it from their website + the sampler pack out of curiousity, recieved the parcel just 3 or 4 days later in Sweden. They were also very helpful over email, and wrote to me instantly when i mistakably entered the wrong card number on their website, personally. So i'd say the service level is pretty great for an online store.

Ormondo Man is a beautiful blend, to my nose maybe a bit to balanced to really have an interesting voice. But it does smell great, with convincing depth to all components. The sampler pack was fun and i've been enjoying trying out the girly ones on my girlfriend, some were hits for us both.

I just love Ormondo Jayne Man !!!
    Its best for Indian summers...
    The perfume projects pretty well when you sweat...!!!
    Lasted almost 8 hours on my skin ...

Thumbs Up.

Currently wearing: Melkmeisje by Baruti

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bϊzios Brasil

Fragrance & Art also carries it and offers free shipping to the States and elsewhere outside Europe depending on your total.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.