Code of Conduct

Default What has got more female compliments than aventus in your personal experience

Just wondering?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: What has got more female compliments than aventus in your personal experience

Everything?

Default Re: What has got more female compliments than aventus in your personal experience

Out of my collection everytime I spray either 1 Million or Dreamer I am guarantee a good compliment (so far). I get a few good compliments with aventus but for some reason not as much as I get with those other two.
    Thank you, deadidol

5 that always get more positive feedback than even my bottle of Z01 Aventus...

By Man by Dolce & Gabbana
    Terre D'Hermes by Hermes
    The Dreamer by Versace
    L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake
    Curve by Liz Claiborne

Right now, HdP 1899 Ernest Hemingway.

Always, Invasion Barbare

Basenotes Plus

I like Aventus, and frankly, hesitate to post in these threads as to not want to be part of the hype, one way or another, about it. Yet, during my last work trip to Latin America, I received several unsolicited complements while wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Everything?
    Just about!

(2315)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quite a few have gotten more compliments from products like Curve, Bond No. 9 Cooper Square, or lately Creed's Original Cologne.

Personally, from my entire collection, Aventus is the most complimented.

The only that come close are:

Straight to Heaven
    Bleecker Street
    Spice & Wood
    1 Million
    LDDM

Blog Entries

+1 for Invasion Barbare. Chypre Palatin. Dior Homme. Iceberg Twice (yes). Also Coromandel.
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

Banned
    Blog Entries

LIDG
    Vera Wang
    VIW

I've never received a compliment from a female while wearing Aventus. Not even one.

I have received plenty of compliments wearing my others.

Very easy; most designers got me more compliments than Aventus or any niche; example La Nuit De l'homme, Curve, Curve flankers (Soul, etc), Cool Water, Tommy Hilfiger, Dior Fahrenheit

Thats funny...I've NEVER received a compliment with my designers....But Molecule 01, Escentric 02, LIDG, MI, Aventus, Royal Oud, Eau de Baux, MFK Amyris, Lubin Itasca, Floris Santal....Just to name a few....Designers suck for me in the compliment realm...

L e Male By JPG
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Everything?
    Came in to post this.

I've never gotten a compliment with it. Someone noticed I was wearing it and asked if I was using a new cologne, but that's about it.
    My dry woody scents, on the other hand, seem to get the most. 2 Man, Tam Dao, Songe D'Un Bois D'ete.

Silver Mountain Water
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

There's a guy by the name of Pluran who responded to a similar thread from earlier. I think he will have some sage advice on this topic.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

I forget the name of it ....Latin fragrance . Oh yes, something like Todo sans Aventus
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

A Lamborghini aventador!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Angel men

Dependent

Nothing I would say gets more compliments than Aventus, but some get equal amounts. I recommended it to a friend and he gets more compliments than me. Like it or not, the stuff is gonna grab attention

Santal Noble tends to pick up compliments . . . I bought Aventus when it was released but never wear the thing so unfair competition, really

Everything. Aventus smells shitty on my skin. I got hated by this one. And I didn't like it either.

Sound Scents

I could attempt to list all of them, but it would take hours and my fingers would get too tired from all the typing.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Never had a compliment while wearing Aventus.

So many, it could fill a massive thread and need a spread sheet...Oh wait...

My wife likes Kouros, that's the only female compliment I'm interested in but Issey Miyake is the one that gets the most ... by a country mile.

Aventus is the biggest pile of over-hyped old bollocks it's ever been my misfortune to smell and quite frankly the more fanboys flock to it the better.

Judging by the girly hysteria on here, it will eventually become too popular for the pretentious Basnotes masses and they will find some other ridiculously expensive tat to spend their money on in a bid to show everyone how terribly sophisticated and refined they are.

Sheep, with an addiction to conspicuous consumption.

Creed Original Santal.

Everything?
    Ditto.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Polo Crest
    2) Chypre Palatin
    3) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Kouros (Vintage)
    6) Mamluk
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) Interlude Man
    9) More than Words
    10) Ungaro II (Vintage)

Costume National Scent Intense (the N 1 compliment collector in my personal 30 years long "perfumed carreer").

24 gold gets reactions every single time i wear it.

Most of the reactions are compliments or women asking me where can they get it for their husbands.

And if it's not a compliment or question what am wearing, then it's this : "I smell some sweet incense, anyone else smell it ? ".

Funny because 24 Gold doesn't have incense, but i believe it's the sandalwood, flowers and vanilla combo that gives it that semi-sweet smokey impression.
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 30th December 2013 at 11:40 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Default What has got more female compliments than aventus in your personal experience

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    24 gold gets reactions every single time i wear it.

Most of the reactions are compliments or women asking me where can they get it for their husbands.

And if it's not a compliment or question what am wearing, then it's this : "I smell some sweet incense, anyone else smell it ? ".

Funny because 24 Gold doesn't have incense, but i believe it's the sandalwood, flowers and vanilla combo that gives it that semi-sweet smokey impression.
    About the same sweet incense I get from DHI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never worn Aventus, so I do not know much comparison with/in relation to this fragrance. But speaking based alone on my wardrobe, usually fragrances like Gucci Envy for Men, Rochas Man and Boss Bottled clearly stood out among the most complimented.

Bentley for Men Intense is one.

I could toss an immesne list of things that would work better than Aventus but I strongly believe none of them would be approriate for a fragrance-related forum.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Pretty much most anything for me, but the biggest heavy hitters that come to mind:
    Curve
    ADG
    L'eau D'Issey
    Le Male
    1 Million
    Hanai Mori HM
    L'Homme

To a lesser degree:
    The One
    La Nuit
    Joop Jump
    Mont Blanc Individual
    360* Red
    I Am King
    Voyage
    Black XS
    ect, ect, ect!lol

I know Aventus is typically reviled around here, but it does garner compliments more than other brands I've wore. I'm still new to the field, but so far Aventus got this girl cashier to gush and tell me I smelled good, then again "you smell SOO good."

+1 for a Aventus.

Basenotes Junkie

My huge....bottle of AdG.

I do not own a bottle of Aventus, hence I cannot compare. From my collection, I have received many compliments on Midnight in Paris, Spicebomb, Dior Homme Sport, Bleu de Chanel and Virgin Island Water, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    A Lamborghini aventador!

Now thats an awesome statement!

Basenotes Plus

Closing this for awhile as many alternatives have been mentioned, some nastiness was provided for no apparent reason(unless some members are only here to disrupt a site they do not like), and someone are saying a Lamborghini Aventador is going to get more complements than Aventus, when in reality only a Bugatti Veyron will do so.
    btw- a one week vacation for the member who has continued his nasty ways.