Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Vintage Acqua di Gio Pour Homme?

I was recently on DecantShop.com and they were selling Acqua di Gio and vintage Acqua di Gio samples. Description said it is from a "vintage" bottle from the late 90s'. Anyone know anything about when the original formulation ended and the first reformulation happened? Is there a difference in smell, or is this simply a case of charging more money just because it's an old bottle?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vintage Acqua di Gio Pour Homme?

Smells fishy but anything is possible..
    I am unaware of a change

I have the original release and have smelled what's out there. Don't know for a fact if there has been a change or not, but having smelled both, don't personally smell any difference at all.

(2320)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

Here is your answer
    There are few that say its definitely been reformulated
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...e-Acqua-di-Gio

Basenotes Junkie

Yeah, doesn't seem like it went through to much of a change. My bottle is from 2010 i beleive, and i have no problems with its potency, longevity or projection. I was just curious, since there doesn't seem to be the same hype or love that ppl show for other original formulations such as D&G ph, Farenheit, DHI, Kouros etc. Thank you for the link though Attila.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    Yeah, doesn't seem like it went through to much of a change. My bottle is from 2010 i beleive, and i have no problems with its potency, longevity or projection. I was just curious, since there doesn't seem to be the same hype or love that ppl show for other original formulations such as D&G ph, Farenheit, DHI, Kouros etc. Thank you for the link though Attila.
    I have a friend who swears he cant detect the same melon note from the reformulated ones and says the longevity is poorer. I am no acqua di gio expert but this guy is been using it since the day it came out and probably went through 6-8 bottles since then.

Basenotes Plus

If you like the vintage, I heard the Essenza version is pretty close to it. I own the Essenza version because I personally thought it was way better than the original.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    If you like the vintage, I heard the Essenza version is pretty close to it. I own the Essenza version because I personally thought it was way better than the original.
    I think it is also worth to mention that essenza is an Eau de Parfum. I like the essenza better too