Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Monday, 30 December 2013.

Hi everyone - have a super day!

Pell Wall Deep Purple.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 30 December 2013.

Had a great day in Sycomore by Chanel.

L'Heure Bleue, vint. EdP - no changes here! It suits me perfectly at the moment.

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Wearing Ghost for work on this wild, wet & windy day.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hi everyone,

Larimar smelling wonderful in one of my favourites.

30 Roses gorgeous kitty you have, a big hello from my kitty who is currently hiding in the curtains.

My lunchtime meeting turned into sampling session of gins and scotches for a tomorrows New Year's eve party. Practising making martinis tonight.

A splash of Guerlinade for the day. Springtime in Paris, new romance and happiness wrapped up in a gorgeous lilac accord.

Cuir de Russie EdT tonight.

Have a wonderful day.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

30R, your cat is absolutely gorgeous! I applaud his vigilance in defending the tree; my black boy, Salem, has been similarly engaged here in that exhausting task.

Esprit d'Oscar for me today. Wish you all a great start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I smell of Weils, from the pass.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Good morning, everyone -

I'm in No22 for ballet and barre today, vintage parfum and edt ...of course.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 30 December 2013.

Racine
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hi folks,

Jicky extrait for another lazy day.

Best to everyone.

Good morning everyone! I'm back in town from my week with the family over the holidays. I wore several samples during the week, but now diving back into a few favorites from my own stash. Today felt like a M. Micallef Gaiac kind of day, and it is perfect. This one day of work should be less than stressful, in fact probably rather worthless but off I go anyway!

Xscent, that is some power lunch you had!

Hello all.

Fantasque by Louis Féraud which was actually an Avon product.
    DONNA

Well, I see now what's been keeping you so busy and so away from us, gandhajala ...did I miss a formal announcement, or were you planning on staying coy about it?

Congratulations, and very well done - it looks fabulous, clean and chic! I'll look forward to your every update.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Good morning everyone! I'm back in town from my week with the family over the holidays. I wore several samples during the week, but now diving back into a few favorites from my own stash. Today felt like a M. Micallef Gaiac kind of day, and it is perfect. This one day of work should be less than stressful, in fact probably rather worthless but off I go anyway!

Xscent, that is some power lunch you had!
    Cello it was certainly worth going to work for
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Well, I see now what's been keeping you so busy and so away from us, gandhajala ...did I miss a formal announcement, or were you planning on staying coy about it?

Congratulations, and very well done - it looks fabulous, clean and chic! I'll look forward to your every update.
    Hehe, your cheque's in the mail Mrs. E
    But seriously, thank you very much for the kind words. xo

queen of the universe

Oh, we smell good today! Off to water exercise in my newest Weil, Noir. After, I'll slather on Shalimar body lotion.
    P1040067.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Dilmun by Lorenzo Villoresi this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hatian Vetiver by Zegna

(2326)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Original Santal

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((Xscent's and tdem's kitties)) George sends his meows!

Well I am just beginning to feel human again after an unusually hectic week. Daughter wants to drive to the mall today (mind you, it's 10:35 and she is still asleep, so we'll see about that!) I'll hold off on fragrance so I can test at the mall, assuming we go.

There was a lot of black ice earlier but it's too warm for it now. Supposed to drop to single digits tonight, with more very cold weather ahead.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I've been a bad, bad, bad BNer—not reading or posting for about a week due to sheer laziness (wonderful, decadent, mind-floating, me-centric, uncompromising laziness). It's been great. I really relish a good stretch of staring into space, absent of guilt, flexing muscles used only for daydreaming, getting so lost in thought no mental bloodhound could make sense of my tracks, tethered to reality exclusively by the compulsions to eat and clean and to spout regular confirmations of affection for dear husband, my fellow hermit.

Some 24, Faubourg on my sleeves for today. I still grimace at the reformulated top notes which should pass in an hour.

Be well, my sweets.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

In the indomitable FRACAS today. Very cold here. I needed some bolstering up!

Had a great little surprise just now: in going through a bag I had used for the Chicago BN Meet-up, I found a 4 ml Coromandel sample from the Chanel boutique I had completely forgotten about. Whee!

(30 Roses--George is a cutie!!)

Good evening everyone.

I'm in *deep breath*
    Guerlain Shalimar ode ala Vanille Route sur la Madagascar.

for swap/sale:

happy is the bleu heart<3

I've been a little under the weather the last few days, so no scents for me. Today, I'm braving the scented world again, but in something very cuddly and cozy: Un Bois Vanille.

30 Roses, is that the cat who had recent surgery? He looks very content guarding the tree ... hope he is feeling better!

hedonist, I love that picture of the Shalimar ...

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I hope you're feeling better soon, shadesofbleu. You sure do smell great!

It's been so warm here lately but I'm going to try to stay in a winter-y spirit today and make some gingerbread.
    SotD is Givenchy III.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I really relish a good stretch of staring into space, absent of guilt, flexing muscles used only for daydreaming, getting so lost in thought no mental bloodhound could make sense of my tracks, tethered to reality exclusively by the compulsions to eat and clean and to spout regular confirmations of affection for dear husband, my fellow hermit.
    This sounds pretty perfect to me, Q. Enjoy!

Wearing lmperial Opoponax this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Im wearing Purple label by ralph lauren on the back of my hand and Very sexy platinum on my wrists. About to shower and have a lazy day wearing cool water (the scent soothes me like Gendarme).
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Hello, again -

I just can't seem to get enough of this one lately, so I'm back in De Profundis for the remains of the day.

Have a good evening, everyone!

(((shades))) - hope you're feeling better and on top of the weather again real soon.

So looking forward to my de Profundis sample, Evangeline. Fracas? Never heard of that one, must look it up. Jicky? Wait, I have a vintage sample but I've never smelled it. Guerlain, right? I know I collected my G samples somewhere. Hang on ....got it! Wow, it's sort of chypreish, yes? Not quite. It's an oriental woody and a terrific one. Washing off 24, Faubourg and slathering Jicky on. Have a great evening, all.

--

Grabbed wrong sample. That was Maison Francis K (etc) Pour Le Soir I slathered on.
    Last edited by ScentFan; 30th December 2013 at 10:53 PM.

((Shades)), 30R, I too was wondering about your cat, how is little George doing?

E, I really must get to sampling this De Profundis soon, it's been on my test list for quite a while now!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Good evening. Hectic end to the day today...I kept hearing the well pump coming on, and thought that's odd...Went out to the shed to find that the sink had sprung a leak - the copper pipe to the faucet was squirting water everywhere, so everything in there is soaked...Got the water turned off and tank drained and called a plumber who was able to make a 10 minute, $135 repair, yikes. Anyway, it is fixed for the moment.

On the positive side, my sister treated me and my kids and boyfriend to a day and night at a fancy resort and a lovely expensive restaurant dinner. A day of lounging at the pool with the "give me the fanciest frozenest drink you have" drink that involved ice cream and strawberry ice and tequila and god knows what else, while the kids splashed and adults hung out and talked. Really nice little vacation.

Happy end of 2013 to all. It's been a tumultous year for me, and while that is not necessarily bad, it has been on balance exhausting and stressful.

Today the Mure Et Musc Extreme...I near the end of the big bottle and sadly my fund went to the plumber, but have plenty of lovely scents to wear, no problem there.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is CD's Mitzah from our basenotes Chicago get together.
    cold, cold, cold, cold, cold here
    The yummy orientals make it better.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Congratulations, Dr.G -- looks good, sounds even better! That's what linguists can do best: entertain with words.

A milestone for E. -- here's to another 20K, at least! Seriously, we are blessed meeting you on a daily basis here.

It is cold here, nothing much is going on. I wore Tonka Imperiale.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yes, that is indeed the cat that had surgery-- the site is not visible from that angle.

He's doing just fine! He can't go outdoors for at least another week (with the severe cold expected, he'd be indoors anyway) and we blocked access to his tower to discourage jumping, which could reopen the wound. Meanwhile he is bored and constantly looking for things to divert him. He pats on my leg to summon me to play with him.

Vintage Silences by Jacomo PdT. Chanel 19's Un apologetic sister from the other side of the tracks. Awesome stuff. Glad I picked up 3 bottle of the vintage before they messed it all up.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499